April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Lip Treatments - Hard Candy - Icicle Balm - Cococicle

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by karahmellecurrell

If you like frosty 80's look, you will probably like this product. Since I do not, I will not repurchase. I do wear it sometimes at night when going to bed so that no one will have to see my lips! It does have staying power, and when I wake up, my lips are as frosty and retro as ever! It is rather sticky, almost waxy feeling while on, and I guess is supposed to smell chocolatey, but does not really. I can't even place the smell. Most ppl have said coconut, but I don't think so...in any event, I was pretty disappointed and will be glad when I've used it all up.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2005 5:53:00 PM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells just like a $4 lipbalm I had in gr.6. It smells mostly coconut but not a real one or anything. I smell NO choco at all. I like the colour, it's frosty white, but I was disappointed coz there was no bronze! And I didn't like the smell! And for a lip chap this stuff was pretty sticky! But the packaging is adorable and convenient and I like the colour/staying power. That's still not enough to win me over though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok lipbalm, I like it: the packaging is super cute and the smell is very yummy. Price seems reasonable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For some reason I like this, but it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I just started using it, and so far it makes my lips look frosty with very little bronze color. The brown & frost colors are swirled, though, so I think I may get some more color out of it the more I use it. The scent is very nice (since I love coconut) and the texture is good as long as your lips are moisturized. I also really like the see-through and pastel colored tube. Overall I will more than likely buy it again because it's different than anything else I have, and it's cheap enough that I don't feel bad not using it all the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2004 4:16:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff to death. It's pricy(6.50 for lip balm? Wha...?) but it's worth it b/c I like it so much. It's definitely more coconut-scented than chocolate though. On me, it's a nice frosty tan color, which is good b/c I love frosty tan lipsticks. I can use this w/a lipliner & it will last for hours, literally. Great stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2003 6:56:00 PM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so disappointed with this! I wanted a cocoa-scented bronzy tinted balm, and this is a thick white frost which doesn't smell or taste like much of anything... It is moisturizing, but I can't imagine going outside with these frosty 80's lips! YUCK!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2003 5:32:00 PM More reviews by busymom2one

Cococicle appears in the tube to be a medium brown/vanilla swirl. Sephora's site says it gives lips a bronze tint, which I don't find to be true at all. On my pigmented lips it looks like my natural lip color with quite a bit of icy-blueish frost. It's not what I was expecting in the least.

Thus far I'd have to say this lip balm is pretty nice as far as feel and how well it seems to moisturize my lips. On, it feels wonderful. Not thick or heavy, but noticeable.

It smells really good - which I was a bit worried about as I'm not a huge coconut fan. While it does smell like coconut, it isn't super strong and the hint of vanilla in there seems to just balance it all out.

I have no plans to buy this again as I never use it as it is. Unless I'm just sitting around home for the day - the icy blueish frost is kinda ick, know what I mean? Overall as a lip balm this one is nice, but not what I wanted.

Is it worth the $6.50? I guess that depends on what you're looking for. For me it turned out to basically be a waste of money. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by jc27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff, it makes my lips feel really smooth and just gives a frosty look to the lips, not much color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells really good but it's a tad too frosty for my taste. It goes on as a frosty light brown shade. I also find the texture a bit thick and it felt a bit dry going on. Reatils $6.50, I wouldn't purchase this again but I'm going to use mine up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 7:59:00 PM More reviews by aparrish

This was a huge dissapointment. The balm is chalky and comes out a heavy white frost. I can't imagine any skin tone this would flatter.

The scents are also very fake and this one smelled pretty much like sun-screen.

There are just much better products out there at much better prices.