December 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Price: 69.00

Texture: very silky smooth

Packaging: Glass Jar

Luckily I received it as a gift so it didn't hurt my wallet and I honestly I would never spend that much money on an eye care product. I would have given this a better rating had my skin not be so sensitive and had wish it worked because it does feel very nice.

I am getting older so I have been seeing some fines lines starting to appear and winter seems to be drying out my skin. My skin does easily get clogged so I did read reviews that it might not be suitable. After about a week I started getting small white bumps around my eye but initially it helped with the dry skin. Unfortunately I was not able to test it long enough to comment on reducing fine lines. Needless to say my boyfriend is enjoying it and seems to work well with his skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by misstv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this for a few nights, so I may update after a month of use, but here are my first impressions:

Very, very thick, difficult to get out of the jar without a spatula. I bought it from Bobbi Brown online Australia and you would think that it would ship with a spatula, as digging around with your fingers in the jar is incredibly unhygenic. That said, the formula is far too thick for a tube or pump dispenser.

After a case of contact dermatitis from another eye cream, I've been searching desperately for something that can soothe and hydrate my sensitive eyes overnight. My eyes were normal, but the contact dermatitis has left them highly sensitive with a few pinky red patches at the outer corners and some dry red flaky patches on the brown bone, just under my brow line. Otherwise, my eyes show some fine lines and dehydration, and faint darkness (stressful work, little sleep and 3:30 am alarms during the work week).

I applied this cream as instructed - warming it between my ring fingers first and tapping it gently along my ocular bone. Most eyes creams burn slightly on contact with the skin near my eye, even if it's as far removed as the ocular bone area. But this felt nourishing and soothing, no burning at all!

The night was great - the only problem was the next morning. I looked in the mirror, only to see - bags! I never had bags before.There was a fine line of many tiny expression lines along my ocular bone on both sides, and the skin immediately under my eyes seemed baggy and puffy. For $105 for a full jar, I was utterly horrified. These effects, however, have faded throughout the day so now I'm confused as to what to think about this product. It feels beautiful on, my under-eye area is slightly more hydrated and it doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes. But the bags and puffiness make me look much older than my 26 years - I think I'll keep using this for a month to see if these side effects wear off, but if they persist, I'll be shopping for a new night time eye cream.

Edit: After a week of using this in varying quantities, trying to find the 'right way' to use it for me, I emailed Bobbi Brown Australia with my complaints. Sure, it didn't sting or irritate, and the skin felt a little bit smoother in some places - but the area under my eyes looked so damn dehydrated and saggy with deeper expression lines that I couldn't bare to persist with it any longer. My concealer (Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer - which I love) looked awful on, as it clung to the dry patches and I hated looking at my face in the mirror.To their credit, they have offered me a refund, and I'll be posting it back to them tomorrow. To those considering this balm - I would advise trying to get a sample first and trying it overnight. You don't want to drop $105 AUD on a jar only to have it make you look worse, the way it did for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

It's truly a rare occurrence when I write a less than stellar review on any of BB's Extra Repair products...hear me out though, the reason I won't repurchase is NOT because it is a bad product! When I discovered this line from BB, I began using it all...from the foundation to the face oil, the products are AMAZING and the anti-aging/hydrating benefits I've gotten are off the charts spectacular. However for the last 6 months, I've had terrible problems with my eyes stinging and watering. It got so bad, I dreaded putting on makeup because in an hour it'd be ruined from the tearing. The outer corners of my eyes became very irritated as well from constant wiping and tearing. I deduced that it was something in my skincare routine (which is mainly BB Extra repair and PTR Un-wrinkle products with a Shiseido toner thrown in). I started to take extra care to stay well away from my eye area with all my serums, my toner, peel pads, etc. this helped...but about 15 minutes after applying my eye cream, the madness started yet again. I finally figured out that once the BB Extra Repair eye cream was heating up on my skin, it was migrating into my eyes via fine lines, and was the cause of my nightmare. I am heartbroken! This cream works beautifully, kept my under eye area hydrated and supple, and helped with my fine lines. I've never had problems with eye sensitivity till now...there must be an ingredient in this eye cream that my eyes HATE. If you are someone who doesn't have sensitivity issues, I highly recommend this cream and the only reason I won't repurchase is because of the eye irritation. The cream itself feels super rich, yet I found it didn't feel heavy at all, it applies easily (if you're familiar with BB's Extra Repair creams/balms, you've probably found that patting it onto the skin is the best method (as far as I've discovered) but really that's the best method for eye creams in general. It is fragrance free, super smooth, and keeps my under eye area hydrated all day. It seemed to work nicely with all of my primers and foundations also. I got great results with it making my fine lines appear less visible. I really wish I could find a way to make it work for me, it truly is HG eye cream material!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Discontinued. Kill me now!!!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Runnergirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Fantastic product. I am 24 and noticed the development of smile lines around my eyes and already after a week of use I have notice an improvement in them
When I laugh or smile. It is extremely hydrating and as a runner who lives in a hot climate I strongly recommend this product to keep the eye area smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by JavariaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately I have to agree with some other reviewers on here, this product made my fine lines more visible and deeper for the time I was using this product.
It's very thick with a Vaseline like consistency once you've warmed it up in the hands, it is moisturising around the upper eye area but for the lower eye area I find it's too thick and hard to work with, it didnít soak in at all for me and stung very heavily. It made my eye area worse and caused a fair degree of irritation, which is a shame as I really wanted it to work. The smell is very weak, which is a plus because it is ever so slightly off putting but doesn't linger around for long.
Overall, I would recommend that really sensitive eyes avoid this product. For the damage to you're pure, I'd say avoid and try else where.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is amazing! I have tried almost every eye cream known to mankind in my search for a moisturizing cream that helps with fine lines and dark circles. I finally found it. I live in the dry desert and its tough to keep my skin moist no matter what i use...even oil sinks in rapidly. This is amazing stuff and i can still feel it working the next morning. Has gotten rid of my fine lines and dryness that used to show under my concealer. I look and feel 10 years younger! Thank you BB

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by maven22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is terrible as an eye balm but FANTASTIC as a lip balm. I tried this product as an under eye cream every night for a week and it made my fine lines appear deeper in the morning. Almost like the balm made my lines crease overnight.

So I quit using this under my eyes but I didn't want to throw it away and thought it might work as a lip balm. Let me just say that I have very full lips that get dry quite easily and often. I've tried many lip balms (expensive and inexpensive) over the years but they all are less than ideal. The best product I have found for my lips is vaseline but this balm tops it. I put it on at night and my lips are smooth and plump in the morning. It works way better than vaseline. During the day I only need to apply it once and my lips stay perfectly hydrated with no need to reapply even after eating and drinking. Bottom line don't use this for your eyes but definitely try it on your lips.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by latenights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

----- PROS -----
Reduces fine lines, reduces dark circles, hydrates, does everything that you expect from an eye treatment

---- CONS -----
Pricey, but the cost is justified since the product actually works. Texture is thick and greasy - suitable for night only.

---- REASON FOR PURCHASE ----
Excellent reviews on MUA. Thank you to the reviewers for helping me find my HG eye treatment!

---- EYE AREA BEFORE ----
25 years old, dark circles, some fine lines, eye area was mildly dry and flaky despite religious use of eye cream. Concealer made the under-eye flakiness look even more obvious. I don't have bags under my eyes so cannot comment about this.

---- MY SKIN AFTER: RESULTS ----
It took a few weeks for the positive results to kick in, but when it did, I was very pleasantly surprised! I would wake up in the morning with refreshed eyes, visibly reduced fine lines and my dark circles were lightened.
It's now two months since I started using Extra Eye Balm religiously.
My fine lines are hardly visible. The flakiness is gone and my concealer glides on smoothly. The balm hydrates my skin so intensely, there is less creasing due to smiling/squinting/etc, so I think the balm is great at preventing fine lines.
My dark circles are a light pink-brown and they used to be a very unhealthy-looking dark blue! Thanks to the balm, concealer glides on smoothly and I use less of it.

Last week I made a terrible mistake of applying 10% AHA on my face. It touched my eye area, drying it out and causing it to wrinkle hideously. A deep wrinkle was forming because of the dryness and I freaked out! I slathered generous amounts of the Extra Eye Balm on my eyes twice a day as an intense treatment, and a week later, the enormous line is almost gone. Thank goodness! This balm makes a fantastic treatment.

---- APPLICATION ----
I use this nightly and religiously to prevent new fine lines and maintain smooth skin texture. The balm is thick like Vaseline, so it's too rich, greasy and shiny to use during the day. It doesn't spread very well so if I'm not careful, I end up wasting a lot of product and the greasy feeling around my eyes becomes bothersome. My trick is to take a very small quantity, warm it between my pinky fingers and patiently dab it on right up to my waterline, covering the skin around my eyes with the thinnest layer of balm possible. It's much more comfortable to sleep with a thin application. If it gets into my eyes, it somewhat blurs my vision for a few minutes because it's so thick (another reason to use at night only) however it does not sting at all.

---- PACKAGING ----
It comes in a classy heavy glass jar with black lid. Definitely gives it the feel of a luxury product that I expect for $100.
Many reviewers hate the fact that it's a jar and you have to put your fingers in, however the balm is so thick, a pump or tube will not work. As long as you wash your hands thoroughly, clean under your nails etc, it's fine to use your fingers.

---- BOTTOM LINE ----
Extremely highly recommended! Finally a eye cream that delivers results. I hope more people purchase this product so that Bobbi Brown will keep producing it. I don't know what I'd do if it was ever discontinued.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by kccots

I started using the Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream I found it much more moisturizing than other eye creams Ive tried. For night, I don't think you can have an eye cream that's "too moisturizing". I thought this might have a petrolatum texture based on the product description I read. It does. But I feel like there IS something more to it and so far I'm very happy with it. I use it only at night and wake up with soft, plump (less crepe-like) skin around my eyes in the morning. I give it a 4 rather than a 5 because it is pricey. Also, before it absorbs into the skin, which will take some time, the balm looks sticky and has a shine to it. So it's less ideal if you're trying to look pretty before bed.