Burt's Bees Grace - Wings of Love [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

i love this color! it is the perfect matte nude color for my porcelain skin. wonderful for when i want to wear a smokey eye or when i want to look polished. unfortunately burt's bees has discontinued this product, which is awful because i loved this lipstick! a tad expensive at $9, but totally worth every penny! does anyone know if this is similar to the new persimmon color?

on 1/16/2005 5:15:00 AM

I bought this lipstick after being really impressed with Burt's Bees lip balm. The packaging is quite different to the balm- the lipstick comes in a matte silver tube as opposed to the cute yellow tin with the picture of the bee on it. It was also very inexpensive (apx 6).
I was completely disappointed by the product itself. Grace is a pale to mid pink/brown shade that looks nice in the tube. However both the colour and texture are awful when it is applied. the texture is really nasty, waxy somehow (in a bad way) and makes your lips look like you've piled on cheap lipstick. It is as if it goes on "rough" rather than smooth. The effect is simply horrible though.
The colour also did nothing at all for my ppp skin tone. It drained all the colour from my face.
The product also has none of the moisturising properties of the balm and manages to dry out your lips on top of everything else.
I have never tried such a poor quality lipstick. Avoid at all costs!

on 1/1/2005 9:18:00 PM

Nude color made me look like I had no lips. Yuck.

on 10/29/2003 2:48:00 AM

This is the perfect pinky (slighty peachy) nude! Just gorgeous :) I love Wings of Love lipstick. The smell and texture of the lipstick is just lovely. I like how they are more matte than other lipstick brands and very smooth. They've got good pigmentation to them. Unfortunately like Burt's Bees lip balm this can be on the drying side. It doesn't dry out the lips per say just the lipstick itself loses moisture --if this makes any sense? You would have to layer this with gloss, IMO. Grace is my favorite. Enjoy! =)

Popular Lipsticks