Bobbi Brown Nude

3.7

on 2/9/2015 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm looking for my second MLBB lipstick with pink undertone and I thought why not check Bobbi Brown (my first one is Mac's Glamour Era that looks brown/peachy). Like what the other reviews here, the name is really misleading. I remember when the MUA recommended "Nude" my mind was like "No! Not the concealer-colored lippie!" Honestly I like the idea of its name since my concept of nude lipsticks is enhancing your natural lip color and not your skin tone. I'm really happy with the color. It's like the more-opaque version of my pale lips.

The formula is great. It glides smoothly and doesn't bleed! My lip looks like I'm wearing a lip liner - I have fuller lips! I don't get this effect with my Mac. I have to retouch after lunch and doesn't leave uneven stain on my lips. I find the tube very vintage so I don't mind looking or feeling mature while applying this one.

Compared to my Mac (Mineralized Rich Lipstick), this BB lipstick is less moisturizing. I don't get cracked lips after hours of wearing Mac. I guess BB requires regular lip scrubbing.

I would rate this 5/5 if only it doesn't have the plasticy smell and taste! I love Mac's vanilla scent and nonexistent taste.

This may be a good MLBB on my Asian, medium skin tone but I would love to check other shades for now. (e.g. Italian rose) and I hope they'll change the scent and remove the taste soon!

on 11/30/2012 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This isn't nude in a traditional sense. It's kind of a brownish dark pink that is almost red. I know that sounds strange, but that's the best way I can describe the color. Although it isn't the way one usually thinks about nude, I think the color is very versatile and will work with a lot of different skin tones. I think it's also a color that will work with many differenet colored clothes.

I put it on in the morning and I'm good until lunch. After I eat lunch, I touchup and that will last the whole day (or until I eat again). Even eating doesn't take all of the lipstick off.

Edit: I've had this for a while. This is a real workhorse of a lipstick. It goes very well with my skin tone. I can honestly say it works with about 90% of my wardrobe. I love this so much that I'm currently using a brush to dig out the last bit from the bottom of the tube.

on 10/10/2012 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

As per the previous reviews for this Bobbi Brown lipstick, I was initially concerned with the colour - it did not look nude at all! However, after wearing the shade it really is very flattering with my brunette hair colour and fair skin tone. The Bobbi Brown website explains they are more about classic natural tones, so that explains why the nude shade is not a brownish/pinkish tone. I love the texture of the lipstick, which is creamy yet stays on during the day. I normally reapply once at midday and it stays on until the evening. My lips feel as if they are in much better condition when I wear this lipstick. I've tried many other high end brands of lipstick (MAC, Dior, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden) and this lipstick has impressed me the most. I would highly recommend this product.

on 9/8/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Firstly, the name is pretty misleading as other reviewers have mentioned. it might probably appear as a nudish coloured lipstick on some, but on my lips it is a reddish rustic colour. it is a matte finish and can be pretty drying so i use a lip bakm underneath it. not really my everyday lip colour. would wear it to an occasion, rather.

on 8/29/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The name is a misnomer as it's not "nude" in the traditional sense. This lipstick is a warm pinky brown shade (at least on my lips) that's perfect for my Asian NC30/C3 skin tone. I cannot pull off the 'beige/nude' lip look no matter how hard I try as I invariably end up looking like the living dead.
With this lipstick shade, it still looks very natural yet gives my face that colour it needs.
One of my MLBB lip colours.

This is a very interesting color...to me, it's a rust reddish-brown with a slight hint of berry red to it. If you're expecting a traditional pinky or beige nude, keep looking! I ordered this, along with four other shades of Bobbi's lipsticks, in an attempt to find a decent looking brown shade. Turns out I actually want to keep this one too! It's special in it's own way, and it just warms up my face! I'm an NC20-30, MUFE 118, BB Sand, for reference. I wish I could describe it better, but so far I'm finding that although a lot of Bobbi's shades may seem 'boring' or repetitive when swatched, they take on lives of their own when they're on my lips.

This is not the sort of color that i like. I think that it's not nude but dark. I would just wear a little bit of this lipstick and add some lipgloss to make it have more color. I used this for over a year now and i don't really like it or hate it. I would recommend this to someone who likes neutral colors for lipsticks. I don't think this lipstick would suit a young person. I also feel like this lipstick is expensive and some other drugstore ones would be much better.

on 5/13/2012 7:58:00 PM

Not sure "Nude" describes this color. It's a deeper shade and definitely warm. There's almost a rusty red look but soft.
It gives me a lift of color that a typical nude shade does not. I'm a Warm Ivory with auburn hair, and this is flattering.

on 9/21/2011 3:48:00 PM

Great for warm toned gals like me- perfect for everyday, work, running around etc. It will brighten up your look in a very natural but pretty way. The name of the lipstick is misleading; it's not a nude but more of a terracotta so I can see why it would look orange on cooler skin tones. It brings out my blue eyes which I like:) Goes on smoothly albeit a little thick and the staying power is good. It doesn't dry me out like most matte lipsticks although I do put aquaphor on my lips so that probably helps.

I would probably reach for this everyday if the smell wasn't so off putting. One commenter stated that BB lipsticks smell like rancid crayons and I couldn't agree more. The smell starts to go away after 10 minutes or so but I can still taste it (the taste is similar to sunscreen). I deal with it because I like the color so much...I haven't been able to find a dupe so I'll keep with it for now but how I wish BB would change their formulation just a bit!

Edit: I let this lipstick air out for a couple of days and it did the trick..the smell is starting to disappear.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I bought this unseen after consulting with an online makeup artist. I was looking for something similar to the lip color "Bare" in the Nude Lip and Eye palette and she told me "Nude" was a close match.
It has the same pinky-brown tones as Bare does and looks similar, but it is a bit brighter. Still it's a lovely, classic polished-looking color that seems to brighten up my whole face. I can see how this may look a little orangey on some, and it is definitely not a typical paled-out nude shade. BB lipsticks are kinda pricey, but well worth it! I prefer the semi-matte finish even though it can be a bit drying, but that's nothing a little lip balm won't fix. They're pretty long-wearing too, which is another plus.
To me this shade is a TRUE nude, as I've always thought that nude lipsticks should be similar to natural lip colors. Nude to me is NOT concealer lips. If you're looking for a pale, lip-erasing shade this one is definitely not for you.
I have many BB lipsticks and although this is not my absolute fave, I can definitely see myself reaching for this often.

Popular Lipsticks