April 18, 2014 | 1969 users online

Samoa Silk (Veluxe) - "polynesian peach" - matte vivid peach-orange

Mythology (Lustre) - "crowning copper" - shimmery rose with bronze undertones

Bronze (Frost) - "golden brown with golden bronze shimmer" describes it well

Folie (Satin) - "reddish-plum brown" - rich brown with reddish undertones

Studied Brown (Matte) - "darkly contrasting brown black" - matte dark chocolate brown

Product - Nice assortment of warm neutrals. The Lustre and Frost finish shades were more sparkly than I expected, with some glittery fallout which needed to be whisked away with a fan brush. Other than that, the shadows are quite nice, easy to work with and reasonably pigmented. The shades work well for me (AAB/NC25) in general. I have to apply Folie carefully though, since the red tones can make me look a little bruised. Samoa Silk is just a shade I don't wear as eyeshadow (YMMV), it's too pale and too bright for me.

Comparisons - Richer, bolder, and more pigmented than, say, BB's eye palettes... no big surprise there. :)

Packaging - The exterior is the black padded smooth faux leather with white stitching arond the edges. Strong magnetic closure and full size mirror under the lid. Seven rectangular pans of e/s and a brush well for the included eyeshadow brush 213SE. Overall the compact is much thicker and heftier than I think it needs to be.

Overall - The name is a little misleading - the shades in this palette are definitely for the warm-toned :) Great for gals who love palettes and/or are new to MAC, and want more punch for their money. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

love this MAC palette. I wish they made the newer palettes more like the older palettes. This is a good staple product for everyday wear

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Brelki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this eyeshadow palette. I'm NC20/25, and I've used this palette almost completely up. The colors are very flattering. I love how versatile the palette is--I can wear a matte neutral eye, a shimmery neutral eye, a matte evening smokey eye, a shimmery smokey eye, a lovely orange bronze smokey eye... the list can go on and on. If you like neutrals like I do, you'll love this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 4:44:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fortunately, I was able to acquire this 2003 MAC holiday palette through the many outlets of the internet. As a neutral eye shadows girl, I thought this palette would fulfill my wildest (but neutral, ha ha) dreams. Well, I donít know if thatís quite the case, but this is a pretty decent palette. Brule is a pretty bland matte (Satin formula) cream color. Honesty is one of my most hated eyeshadows because the Lustre formula is awful and it doesnít show up! Mythology, which is also a Lustre, fairs a bit better, but doesnít last long throughout the day. Samoa Silk is a pastel peachy orange that shows up very faintly so I sometimes use it to soften and warm up colors. Now I love Bronze, great Frost formula and applies smoothly and pigmented. Folie is a nice Satin warm chocolatey brown, but nothing special. The matte Studied Brown is a nice eyeliner, outer eyelid shade, but I wish it was a tad darker. This palette comes with a 213se brush, of which the bristles are not as dense and sturdy as recently released palette 213se brushes, but itís still very convenient. And the palette itself is a bit bulky, but very nice padded patented leather. Maybe itís just me, but MAC eyeshadows in palettes these days are noticeably of higher quality. Of course you get less product and fewer color selection at a steeper price. I had a back up of this, but I swapped it away as I doubt I will ever use up this one. Not one of my favorite neutral eye palettes, but Iím glad to have acquired it and had I the chance, I wouldíve bought it when it originally came out. Great deal for the $30 it retailed for.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2004 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ashin121

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I carry this palette whenever i travel or go anywhere! You can't go wrong with this. It's the basic shades of brown. I wear this practically all the time. I don't know what i'm gonna do when i use it up since it was a LE =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 7:57:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

This is definitely a palette anyone can love! It has great neutral colors that work very well together. Complete with a great brush and a mirror, it is all you need for a day to evening look!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with some of the so-so reviews. I'm a very fair (NC15) redhead with brown eyes, freckles and lots of ruddiness to my skin. I bought this palette on eBay, thinking it would be an easy one to leave at the office for those mornings that I've rushed so much that I've not been able to put on my makeup before I leave the house. Unfortunately, though, there are too many really deep dark colours or sparkly/glittery colours in here for someone with my skin tone. The pale orangey-colour (Samoa silk? ) works fine on the outer half of my eyelid - makes the green flecks in my eyes pop. The pale tan colour (Honesty?) is nice too but bascially acts as a colourless base coat. The sparkly glittery ones either have no colour or way too much colour for me for 98% of the time I'd want to wear makeup. IF I were a clubber or a younger woman, perhaps I'd love it. I'm giving it three lippies anyway cause the case and brush are gorgeous and the quality, despite my dislike of the colours, is very high, as usual for MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not too bad - has a nice basic selection of brown/beige colors in different formulations. It's nice and good value for money but it just lacks the oomph for me to give it 5 lippies I guess. Perhaps it's because I'm not really a neutral eye color person ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2004 11:38:00 PM More reviews by naima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette has the perfect selection of colors for my skintone (NC43). I'd been lemming a few of these colors separately, so when I saw the palette, I had to have it. So, I went the first week they were out, and of course -- sold out. So I got the lip palette.

So later, I did the unthinkable and bit the bullet on ebay. Trouble was, I was bidding on two and won them both! Sent one to a friend, kept one for myself. But, I'm glad I got this, and it was definitely worth the fuss! Great for travel too. I'd purchase it again if only I could!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 6:34:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

I really think this palette would be better named "Warm" than "Neutral", at least for me. I'm NC20/cool-toned and it's taken quite a bit of fussing to get these colors to work for me. Still I think it's a great value, as it does contain a couple of fantastic neutral matte shades (Brule and Studied Brown) and some really pretty shimmery shades (Bronze and Mythology). Of the others, Folie goes very orangey on me, Samoan Silk is pretty but a little too loud and orange, and Honesty only shows up as sparkles that scatter all over (I know, I need to try it wet). Still, it's a cute little palette with several versatile looks for a great price. I'm going to keep working at it and post back if my opinion changes.