December 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Nail polish

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Pandolynx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I brought a China Glaze Top Coat called Travel in Color (can't find the China Glaze top coat nor the color's section DX).
It seemed a little hard when I applied it on my nails and kept messing up, but I thought it might be how this coat should be.
First three days looked amazing, and it started to chip and /crack/. Took around 30 minutes to attempt to remove my nail polish+top coat. Wow.
Although it looked gorgeous, the chipping and difficulty on removal made it a not so good experience.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

China Glaze has some nice color and finish choices and with the use of a good base & top coat, many shades wear extremely well. It has become more prevalent in salons (next to OPI & Essie and to a lesser degree Zoya) in the NorthEastern US lately.

A good choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by ncranney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love China Glaze. Excellent quality. The brush is narrow and it takes at least two coats and tends to be a bit runny, but it lasts, has lovely colours, and rarely chips. The nail hardeners in it are excellent as well and my nails never, ever break with this applied. At least half of the polishes I own are China Glaze.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I like these polishes for the most part. They are pigmented and cover your nail easily. I've also never really had issues with these polishes chipping.

However, I've found this to dry out very fast. When it dries out, it gets all gloopy and its hard to cover your nail without little treads. This applies to about every color I've owned.

At first these polishes are lovely but become nasty as they get older, which is pretty fast. That's why I took off 2 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Natitashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a few china glaze nail polishes as i had seen great reviews on them but i was greatly disappointed. They have some really awesome colours and they don't go on too badly, need 2-3 coats. So i tried a gorgeous neon pink colour i was just dying to have. Put it on and it looked lovely but by the end of the day the polish was just chipping off.. It was horrible i have got muuchh cheaper polishes that last for days and days. Sad to say i will not be buying any more of these.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased China Glaze in pre-packaged group of colors. For me, it chipped within one day. I would not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Poor quality polish. As with many other reviewers, I think the colors are gorgeous, but the polish doesn't dry well. It stays wet at the tips and the nail edge doesn't dry at all. Doesn't seem to play well with quick dry top coats. I tried using Blue Island Iced Tea, and it was flaking off literally within hours of application. Just a gorgeous color, but what's the point when it won't stay on? With so many polishes out there with long lasting formulas, I will be passing on these in the future. These seem to be really popular, on trend polishes with teenagers and the 19-24 set, probably because of their price, but if you can afford a Deborah Lippmann or Illamasqua they're worth it.

Definitely off my list!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by kfalcon79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great polish! goes on smooth. best bet to buy online ie amazon to get a great price

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Yasinisi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am polishaholic and China Glaze is my absolute favourite. Their polishes are amazing. I love the colours, the formula (on most of them) and the quality. I would buy them all if I could ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by nomorewars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to like China Glaze. I really do.
Especially since a store near me sells some really retry ones for relatively cheap...
But I don't like it.
It's no that its bad quality, or chips fast, or anything like that. That's where it boosted itself up with me: I can't deny that it does its job well, and it's pretty.
But there's one aspect that I just cannot bring myself to overlook, and that is the LIST OF INGREDIENTS.
It has camphor and formaldehyde resin, and that's a deal breaker right away. It also has all other sorts of junk in it, comparable to a cheapie brand I once saw at a dollar store. Your nails are porous, and I don't wanna risk anything just to have pretty nails. But hey, to each their own.