China Glaze Nail polish

3.9

Just got a professional manicure using a China Glaze polish, and it only lasted a couple of days before it started to chip off. I don't think I had this problem with OPI! I give a rating of two and not one just because I've only tried one color so far, but I will try to avoid this brand.

on 4/22/2015 9:44:00 PM

In my search to find a really good nail polish that would last at least a week,(polishing nails is not on the top of my list of things to do) I came upon the Ever Glaze Polish in Sally's. The sales woman assured me that it was indeed a lasting nail polish when use along with the Endless Wear top coat. It was a little pricey for me, because I'm use to buying the 2.99 polish. The colors were beautiful and I couldn't wait to do my nails and not worry about them chipping in a day or two. I polish my nails, and was happy that they did not take a long time to dry (I hate waiting for nails to dry) Well the next day my polish started chipping and peeling. Thinking that maybe this was a flute, I decided to do them over. Next day same thing, on day two my nails look like they had not been done in two weeks or more. they looked a mess! I thought about returning the polish back to the store, but didn't feel like the hassle so I just decided that I would never purchase anymore. I read the reviews, most was positive but this polish just didn't work for me.

on 4/12/2015 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Save your money! These polishes are horrible quality. it's only hours after painting your nails that the polish starts to chip and peel off.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love it. Beautiful colour range and nice packaging, and the smell doesn't make you want to leave the room. Don't kid yourself - it chips, but so do all nail polishes (unless you are painting onto acrylic nails which causes the polish to stay chip free). It's kind-of pricey here in Australia, but I grabbed mine on eBay for $8. Good colours. I own the beautiful nude colour 'Hopeful' and it is the perfect shade.

on 1/13/2015 8:29:00 AM

Lately I have been using the gel nail polished from Revlon & Sinful, which are super shiny, non streaky & last forever on my toenails before the start to chip or wear away. However, I saw some China Glaze colors that I liked at Ulta and gave them a try.

The colors that I have are Lotus Begin, a creamy lilac purple (with the base being more on the pink side, than blue), and shocking pink neon, which is a bright pepto bismol pink. The brush is thin, and both colors go on a bit streaky. You new about 2-3 coats to make it opaque, and the finish is more matte than shiny. Unlike the gel nail polishes I mentioned previously, you probably need a base and top coat with these since they start to chip almost immediately, within the first day. They have a ton of colors & Ulta usually has coupons so you can get them cheaper than retail price, but I'm not thrilled with the wear so I doubt I would buy these again.

on 11/22/2014 2:51:00 AM

I brought a China Glaze Top Coat called Travel in Color (can't find the China Glaze top coat nor the color's section DX).
It seemed a little hard when I applied it on my nails and kept messing up, but I thought it might be how this coat should be.
First three days looked amazing, and it started to chip and /crack/. Took around 30 minutes to attempt to remove my nail polish+top coat. Wow.
Although it looked gorgeous, the chipping and difficulty on removal made it a not so good experience.

on 10/3/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

China Glaze has some nice color and finish choices and with the use of a good base & top coat, many shades wear extremely well. It has become more prevalent in salons (next to OPI & Essie and to a lesser degree Zoya) in the NorthEastern US lately.

A good choice.

on 9/3/2014 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love, love, love China Glaze. Excellent quality. The brush is narrow and it takes at least two coats and tends to be a bit runny, but it lasts, has lovely colours, and rarely chips. The nail hardeners in it are excellent as well and my nails never, ever break with this applied. At least half of the polishes I own are China Glaze.

on 7/13/2014 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

So, I like these polishes for the most part. They are pigmented and cover your nail easily. I've also never really had issues with these polishes chipping.

However, I've found this to dry out very fast. When it dries out, it gets all gloopy and its hard to cover your nail without little treads. This applies to about every color I've owned.

At first these polishes are lovely but become nasty as they get older, which is pretty fast. That's why I took off 2 lippies.

on 7/10/2014 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a few china glaze nail polishes as i had seen great reviews on them but i was greatly disappointed. They have some really awesome colours and they don't go on too badly, need 2-3 coats. So i tried a gorgeous neon pink colour i was just dying to have. Put it on and it looked lovely but by the end of the day the polish was just chipping off.. It was horrible i have got muuchh cheaper polishes that last for days and days. Sad to say i will not be buying any more of these.

Popular Polishes