January 25, 2015 | 1617 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Pure Grace

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2015 1:07:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite from Philosophy. It's different from any other scent I've tried on the market because it's just clean. Nothing more and nothing less. This fragrance is soap-and-water clean and fresh. It's easy and simple. Like another reviewer said, it's good to have during the day so you can just have a clean smell rather than nothing at all or something over the top. It does last well, too, especially spritzed on right after a shower. I can understand where the "old lady" comments are coming from but I don't agree. If I did, I'd still wear this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 12:31:00 AM More reviews by 4073

Bought this on a cruise ship, (duty free and with a coupon) and I fell in love! The price is great. It lasts a good deal of time, probably 6-7 hours max. Smells CLEAN and fresh, like I just took a shower and did laundry! I prefer this over any "Clean" brand fragrance. It is not old-ladyish at all and I don't understand the negative comments that say this. It is NOT a PERFUME so not something to wear at night, but the perfect day-time scent for every day occasions like going to school or running errands when you don't want to be scentless but not worth spritzing your other 100$+ perfume. Excellent buy, I'd repurchase over and over, even not duty-free!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whoever said it's "like a mix of baby powder and old lady" nailed it.
Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is my everyday scent. It's fresh, clean, feminine and light. The price is decent and I love the simple bottle. I hate heavy scents so this is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wanderingstella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This will be my signature scent.
I wasn't a perfume person since just about every perfume (even if it smells nice on others) sickens me after having it on me longer than 1 hour. But this one smells so good and puts me in a good mood smelling it on myself the whole day.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by welshgal

I had this a few years ago and loved it, as others have said fresh, clean, just a REALLY pleasant scent that people around you usually comment on. I received it this Christmas as a present, and I'm afraid the formula appears to have changed?! It does not last, at all. About 2 minutes out the house and it's gone. There is also not the same 'depth' of scent.
It does still smell pleasant, I would recommend this as a present for a young teen perhaps as a first perfume as it is SO inoffensive/barely there in fact. But please don't buy this is you actually want to smell of something. I will be using this up by wearing it around the house etc.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am fine with how it smells but it does not last on me for even 1 minute. I don't know what happens with this fragrance. I put it on and it is like I put nothing on. The fragrance doesn't "project," it's like it sinks below the surface of my skin and instantly disappears. I have never had this happen with any other fragrance. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

To me, Pure Grace smells like clean laundry. It has a very fresh soapy smell to it. I was surprised that the scent was so strong. Most of the other philosophy fragrances I've tried have been very light. Don't get me wrong, this smells clean but it definitely has a strong clean scent to it. I'm a nurse and this is the perfect fragrance for me while I'm at work in a hospital. I smell clean and fresh. There is no floral or sweet smell to this at all, just fresh and clean. I am a huge fan of Falling in Love perfume but the scent doesn't last very long, pure grace lasted longer on me for some reason. If you just want to smell fresh and clean then I would recommend it. It's not a sexy or flirty fragrance at all. It just smells like you took a shower and are wearing a shirt that you just got off the clothes line that was washed in Tide.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you love the smell of Tide laundry detergent (some do), you will love this. I wanted a clean, and yes, soapy smell for the summer. But I wanted a feminine, soft clean, not power wash your deck, detergent clean scent. I read the reviews and was recced Pure Grace a number of times. Soap and Water says the tidy little box. Simple, clean, inoffensive, should be perfect, or at least pleasant, went my logic in purchasing it unsniffed. And based on its popularity, it obviously is for many. But I found it very sharp. It is a unisex type of clean IMO. If you are looking for a soapy fragrance more like Dove or Caress (which are softer and more feminine with watery floral notes), this is not it. Pure Grace is soapy in the sense of detergent soapy. If you love BBW Sea Island Cotton, EL White Linen, D&G Light Blue, you will probably like or love Pure Grace. But it is simply too sinus cuttingly sharp for my senses. I'm giving it 4 lippies because my dislike is subjective and it smells just as it is advertised: soap and water. It's just not my kind of soap. Cute, neutral bottle in an era of insanely tacky and elobarate frag bottles. Will not Repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this is the exact fragrance that came in my Sephora fragrance sampler kit. Oh no non no. This just smells bad. Like alcohol and old lady perfume.