April 16, 2014 | 1975 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - Perfect Heat Professional 1 inch

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by amanda1117

I received this as a Christmas or Birthday present from my mother. Ofcourse,my mom is kind of cheap so she bought this from a drugstore. This was the first flat iron I used,so at first I thought it was "amazing". But later on,I realized that this was almost the worst thing you could get. After using it for years,my hair became so damaged! I had to start buying healing shampoos and products to try and get it healthy again,but it still isn't like it was before I used this. Before I used it,my hair was a little wavy and thick,not too bad. Now it's curly and frizzy thanks to this. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else,unless you want your hair to be extremely damaged.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Mamaspice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this for about 2 years because I did not want to spend the $ on a high-end model and I did not straighten my hair every day. This has held up fine, but I have occasionally noticed that it won't heat up after I turn it on and I have to come back and unplug and replug again. I do use a heat protectant and serum. Now I'm into using the iron to curl my hair and it's not cutting it. The unit gets SO HOT I can't even touch the end to slowly pull it through my hair (slower pull, tighter curls). It also snags and leaves "bumps". I have chemically treated/colored hair so I see trouble in my future. I originally bought this to straighten my bangs and a few waves in my long hair but now that I want it to do some higher-end performance, it's time to move on. Recommended for those without chemically treated hair who don't have heavy duty work to do, but for others, look elsewhere and save your hair from death by frying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had this iron a year ago and have to say, it is the best for it's price. This iron made my hair really straight and nice. It is not even close to the CHI (I have that now) but it you have slightly wavy hair and only straighten like once every 2weeks, then this product is good for you. How ever, though my hair is mostly straight, I use a flat iron every day and need my hair to be healthy so I use the CHI. After the CHI, I can not stand to use this iron ever again because I'm so used to the CHI that this iron sucks to me. But it was a great first iron and it'll be good it you don't straighten your hair a lot. I leave this old one in my locker at school for emergancies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bottom line- if you don't want to spend a lot of money, this flat iron is fine. If you don't flat iron on a regular basis I think buying a cheaper model makes sense, they can get quite expensive and IMO don't justify spending the average 100 dollar price tag they usually sport. It heats up very quickly so it won't drag your morning routine, and like others I have fine hair and need to use the high settings, making me think numbers are just a gimmick. Again, for the price I don't feel cheated. This is just fine for a basic flat iron, and if you are just starting out using one and want to see if you like the look and if the routine is worth it I would recommend this basic model.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this straightener many years ago... I think I was still in high school, so probably about 5+ years ago. Even though I have very thick, very straight hair, it does get very frizzy and tends to kink in humidity. I hate walking around looking like I have a giant tumbleweed on my head so I decided to get an iron for such occasions.

I don't use this straightener very often because I don't need to. The only time I use it is in humidity and for special occasions when I want my hair to be really sleek and straight. This straightener works well but I have to use it on the highest setting (25). Lower settings don't do much and it takes forever to straighten kinks. I usually use it after I wash/dry my hair really well. Than I separate my hair into small sections and straighten pieces slowly... usually takes about 10 minutes or so. I also use it with an anti-frizz serum so that my hair will turn out nice and soft. Overall it works well and straightens but doesn't produce the extra straight, super shiny results like some straighteners.

Since I am not looking into damaging my hair even more with heat (it's already chemically processed) I only use this occasionally and it works for me. I have not had a problem with it breaking or peeling; this iron also heats up very quickly... it gets hot in less than a minute.

So based on the fact that I don't use it a lot because I don't need to, I will not be repurchasing this or any other straightening iron. It's very affordable and works well so it is a good option for those with wavy hair who like to straighten their hair a lot but don't want to spend a fortune. I don't see this straightener working well for people with tight curls.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by simplyxosammie

Before this product, I owned the Remmington Wet 2 Straight.. the older, 2" version.
It was a huge disappointment^, because it steamed and smelled terrible! And my hair wasn't smooth , silky.. it just looked disgusting. And my hair was naturally straight! It didnt do the job.

Then I bought this for a little under $30 at CVS. I've had it for just under 2 years now, and it's still in good condition. However, its performance wasn't the BEST...

PROS:
heats up really quickly
25 adjustable heat settings
makes hair smooth and silky .... [for about 10 minutes]

CONS:
makes my hair frizzy & stringy
cord is kind of short and annoying
box never mentioned how hot it gets in degrees

i wouldn't purchase another, but i cant afford the CHI or Hai or Solia.
So i'm stuck right now, but i might get a Hot N Silky from Sally's.

I would save the $30 for this and put it towards a Hai Convertable, or Solia.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I'll use this until i save enough for a CHI or something better.
It works, heats up, and my hair gets straight,
BUT
i use the highest setting
AND
I only have fine asian hair. Its not thick, or course for that matter.
It only takes me 10 minutes, but thats also cuhs i dont have that much hair.

Basically,
PROS:
It works
heats up quickly
Gets the job done

CONS
Snags
Gets really hot on the outside
isnt 100% ceramic
hottest setting can only straighten fine hair.

I wont buy this again...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mheartfield

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't uunderstand why this is getting such bad review. I mean its not the best quality, but it does the job and i really like it. I only put purchase again because I like it, but I'm going to get a CHI for my b-day, so technically i wont be purchasing again. It has lasted me a really long time, and i can curl, wave, and straighten my hair with it. For someone on a budget I would definetely buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by bwonggg

well, i'm only a teenager in highschool. I literally bought this when i was in the 6th grade. I desperately wanted a flat iron, and i didn't know about the chi, solia, ghd or sedu. it did straighten my hair, but i had to use the highest heat setting (25), and i have thin asian hair! It also takes about 10 mins to actually heat up to the temp i needed. I still use this flat iron til this day, but i'm going to order a new one online soon.

I suggest you go to folica.com to order one. they're about $70-200 each. Drugstore irons are not what you want. ALSO, ALWAYS USE A HEAT PROTECTANT. i regret not using one when i was younger, and i have horrible split ends and slow-growing hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, it works okay. It get really hot and straightens well...for the first two times you use it. Then it starts to work, well, crappy, and it dies in a month. I went through three in three months. Not worth it.