September 1, 2014 | 2127 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ldeibert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This feels really nice when putting it onto the skin and makes your skin feel very smooth and soft. However, I noticed that when it dries a little bit and I rub my face again, the moisturizer kind of starts to come off into little balls and essentially just rubs right off once it sets.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing the Olay Moisturizing Lotion for sensitive skin, which I think is this but I'm not sure! Anyway, I'd been looking for a basic moisturizer for ages that wouldn't break me out and would also be enough to keep my skin hydrated and this is it. I have oily skin so I don't want something too heavy or greasy on my face, and this is exactly that. Moments after I put it on it has already sunk in, and my face just feels soft and clean. The fact that it doesn't break me out is the icing on the cake because I was beginning to think I'd have to stop moisturizing completely with the luck I was having. I mean, really, there isn't much to say. It's simple, it works, and it doesn't break me out. I'll continue to repurchase it for as long as I can!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Used this lotion for quite some time, but this winter my Rosacea was reacting even more so along with breakouts (burning& irritation). After switching to Cerave moisturizer, my skin is much more comfortable and calm looking. I am thinking Olay is the reason after reading similar complaints!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been renamed a few times but it is part of the Classic series and the sensitive formulation to the famous classic pink beauty fluid. I had used the pink beauty fluid for years and years since I could remember (I use to use it was I was five years old... putting it on after watching my Mom put it on her beautiful face!) Lately, I have been suffering from allergies to fragrances, so I decided to switch to this moisturizer. OMG! This is amazing! It sinks right into your skin and feels so light and fresh... like water! There is absolutely no fragrance and my skin really drinks this formulation!

It is a very light moisturizer and I have extremely dry skin during the winter months. With that being said, I have an old classic glass bottle of Olay (back when it was called Oil of Olay) that has been emptied and sterilized. I add about 1/4 of this moisturizer to the glass bottle then add a few drops of pure avocado oil (green, unrefined). I shake it up and I have my winter moisturizer! I only do a small amount so as to keep the avocado oil in the moisturizer fresh (about a month's supply). I get added vitamins, antioxidants, and moisture from the avocado oil and combine it with the years of expertise from Olay. There is niacinamide (great for evening out skin imperfections - but beware also, some skins may react adversely to this ingredient!), aloe, chamomile, vitamin e.

This product has an elegant formulation so no tweaking is required. However, it makes a great base too if you want to add skin beneficial oils to booster the formula to customize it to fit your own skin needs! I have tried to add oils directly to my skin, but it never felt right - just greasy. Adding it to this moisturizer, my skin is silky smooth. In fact, I've been mistaken for a decade younger than my age. I just got carded at the market for buying wine few weeks ago. When she saw my birthday she looked shocked. "Wow! You look so young!" And I said smilingly, "Thank you! I'm really old huh!" I went to a wedding and my friend remarked "Your skin is so firm! What are you using?!?!" I'm a good 5 years on her... and I told her! Olay has played a big part on keeping my skin healthy (as well as a good diet and a lot of exercise!)

I'm so happy that my Mom used Olay so I got to start young! I'm glad too, that over the years, Olay keeps adding new formulations for a women's changing skin needs. I think these products work as well if not better than many department store brands such as Clinique, Chanel, Lancome, etc. In fact, I would often times use Clinique's DDML whenever my skin was on the fritz. I liked the DDML because of the lack of fragrance, but it was kinda pricey and it sometimes left my skin oily. So I tried this version of Olay. And so happy I did. It's nice that these products are so affordable. I have started to use the body care by Olay as well and so far so good. I love Olay!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Megbatch

This is my current HG moisturizer. I have very dry, red, and sensitive skin and I couldn't find a product that wasn't heavy and would moisturizer throughout the day. Now I use a night cream or coconut oil at night and this during the day, and my skin is ALWAYS soft.

I bought this moisturizer in the sensitive skin version, with no spf, because I find spf tends to irritate around my eyes. The name says it all; it is truly sensitive. I don't get as red, and I have no dry patches or irritation. The packaging is alright; would have liked a pump. This is such a classic, and definitely a staple in my skincare routine. I use it with a bb cream or dewy finish foundation, and my face stays hydrated throughout the day. Absorbs quickly, so it's fantastic when I'm in a rush to get ready.

All around great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I bought this a year ago when my skin was a bit on the oily side. This left my skin feeling nice and moisturized; however I stopped using it when I was in college because it wasn't enough to moisturize my dry skin during the winter. I recently just started using it again, but found that it irritated my skin, which is disappointing... so sad T___T

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

An excellent basic moisturizer, especially for those with touchy, redness and itch-prone skin.

I recently ran out of my Clinique lotion (yellow stuff) and since I'd found that it wasn't completely doing the job (dry patches) during the day I wanted to try something different. I could remember using this Olay product in years past with success, although it had been somewhat too oily for me, so I thought it might work perfectly.

It certainly does - after a weeks' use (daytime), my skin tone and texture is improved, no redness or irritation issues, and it moisturizers perfectly - not too much and not too little (my dry patches are gone).

At US $9.99, it's a steal for the amount - and will last me for a good long while. The container takes some getting used to in order to squeeze out the right amount - but at least it's not one of those jars you have to dip into.

I would recommend this to anyone needing a good daily moisturizer without the threat of your skin going bonkers upon trying it. I would love to try some of the more wrinkle-specific creams Olay does, but will of course have to use the sensitive versions, and they are hard to find.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm fragrance sensitive. This is oil-free, petroleum-free, fragrance free, non greasy basic moisturizing facial lotion. Very light so it could be a good budget alternative during the summers. I don't recommend to those who are using Retin-A, Differin etc. It can sting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just finished a bottle and have repurchased. I really like using this moisturizer during the night as a second layer over top of retinol or glycolic moisturizers. Provides just enough hydration and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by brandibmarino

I am using a gentle basic Olay routine after having a terrible reaction to some high end skincare and this is the final step. I am very happy with this moisturizer so far. It feels hydrating but light and I feel like my skin can breathe. My breakouts and irritation seem to be calming down and my face feels like it is relieved that I finally got it right! LOL I will update if things go south....
UPDATE 5/11/11
this does cause me to breakout, but works great as a light eye cream.LOL So I now have 6oz. of eye treatment that should last me a year:)