Too Faced Brow-nie

4.4

on 1/16/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love love LOVE this pencil. If I have ever loved a product so much, it's this eyebrow pencil. I had an accident a few years ago where I lost a chunk of my eyebrow, so I had to fill them in and I tried everything. From drug store eyebrow pencils to expensive eyebrow pencils. You name it. I ended up buying a Ross eyebrow kit for my brows. (I look back on this and laugh, but hey whatever works for you.) They included stencils, powder, pencil, etc. I disliked it. The pencil looked dark enough but had red undertones. The powder was WAY too dark for my face and the stencils just sucked. The arches were way too high for my liking. I finally ended up going into Sephora one day and I saw this Too Faced pencil. I had always loved Too Face so I bought this product. God I was in love the first day. I freehand my eyebrows because of this product and the color was PERFECT. It also lasts a long time, I've had it for over a year now and I still have a decent amount of pencil. Obviously, practice makes perfect when shaping your eyebrows freehand. But this pencil really helped me out. The spoolie is gentle and didn't scrape my eyebrows like a lot of other eyebrow pencils did. The pencil doesn't smudge. I normally wear my eyebrows from 6 in the morning to 8 at night and it's not coming off until you take it off. I find the pencil comes off incredibly easy as well. I don't have to aggressively rub my face to get the product off. I love love love this pencil. I've wanted to try other products but this pencil has treated me so well and lasted so long that I don't see myself trying something else without being incredibly disappointed. I also have oily skin and acne prone skin as well. And I find this product works with my face the best and doesn't break me out like other products did before. I love how versatile it is with shaping. Some days I like light eyebrows. (To hide the missing chunk) And some days I like sharper eyebrows. It works no matter how you want your eyebrows. I think my overall favorite thing about this product is not having to use a setting powder with it, which saves me a LOT of time in the morning. I don't have to use eyebrow gel, eyebrow setting powder NOTHING. And it lasts the whole day. I don't have to touch them up at all throughout the day. When I'm out on the weekends later, they still won't come off. This is my holy grail product. lol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this brow pencil. I am a brunette and it is dark enough for my brows. I think that when I go blonde, I can still use this pencil with a light hand in the application process. It lasts a long time, so no half a brow by the end of the day. I'm sure there are others out there that are just as good for lesser price. I paid around $21.00 with tax at Ulta. I'd buy it again though.

on 10/3/2013 10:23:00 AM

I really like the spoolie brush because it's so soft and doesn't scrape me like a lot of cheaper brands do. I like the metal cover to the pencil, too.
The color is okay.. but really, this brow pencil is too soft. It smudges easily. I think that's why I feel like I have the worst luck with putting it on - always seems like I am missing my eyebrow and it's just because the pencil dulls so quickly.
I end up feeling gross with the brow pencil after a few hours because it gets smudgey. It doesn't stay nicely (even with a gel coating... that I wouldn't need with cheaper brands). I've had better luck with other brands, like Milani.
But if you're going to get it, beware: go lightly and take your time, even if you're really good at it. You'll be surprised at how quickly it goes on.

on 6/28/2013 8:47:00 AM

Love it. Although I have very dark hair, I sometimes highlight and I find Blonde-y is a better color match than Brownie, regardless of whether my hair is really dark or a little lighter. I love how easy this blends. I quickly, but gently draw in little tiny hairs where I need filling in, brush through with the spooly, which is conveniently located at the other end and I've got beautifully shaped brows that don't look harsh. Takes seconds! I like that it's got a slightly thicker point than the self sharpening pencils and the point is always just a little bit rounded. I think it provides a softer shading effect. HG.

Blonde-y is a great colour for my dark blonde hair, it's easy to apply and gives a really natural look when you blend it out with an angled brush.

on 1/17/2013 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this eyebrow pencil,but I just can't...the crayon is slightly too soft and smudges like nobodies business!And that is something you do NOT want in an eyebrow pencil! It's just too expensive to buy this crap again,so I won't...my $3 Rimmel eyebrow pencil is much better than this!

on 1/16/2012 2:02:00 PM

I cant tell about the price because I got it on sales at Sephora but this is my HG brow product!!
I got it because it was really cheap at the time and I remembered reading good things about it, I think it only come in 2 colors and I just picked the brown one. Nowadays I feel like my face is not complete without it! It just fills my eyebrows in a natural way and in doing so frames my face, makes it look polished!
Overall I think it lasts a long time because it's still there when I take my make up off, 12h hours later, its not as 'vibrant' as it was in the morning but its there. Also, its so handy!

on 5/3/2010 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite eyebrow pencil, and believe me, I've tried all of them!
It's a good dark brown, the texture is a good combination of waxy and dry, the staying power is good, although it tends to come off a bit in hot (ie sweaty) weather), but that's the only flaw as far as I'm concerned. Definite re-buy!!

on 3/24/2010 3:00:00 PM

I picked this eyebrow pencil up at Nordstrom Rack for under $10 over a year ago. It does a good job. The pencil is pigmented and a little waxy. Having a spoolie brush on one end is really convenient (instead of having to pick up a separate spoolie/brush). I use the pencil daily with a Clinique brow powder. Browne-y is the perfect match for me as I am Asian with black hair.

on 10/17/2009 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've never been a fan of brow products, but this pencil has become a staple for me! I recently went from very blonde to medium brown and my brows were just a little too light. I use the blonde-y shade to define and darken them slightly and it works perfectly! It goes on smooth and stays put all day.

Popular Brows Products