October 2, 2014 | 980 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish - #502A - Dark Pink Frost

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by hottahitilover

This is a nice lipstick the packaging of course is cheap but you can't expect much for .99 cents anyhow this color is nice it is a good dupe for MAC's creme de la femme and fabby and I own both it is a bit slicker on the lips then the other two I mentioned but it is shiny and it is very nice I would recommend if you dont want to spend the 16.00 for MAC.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I should have seen "frost" and ran. It has a deionize shimmer to it. I don't like shimmer in my lipsticks... I also noticed it makes my lips feel a little dry

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

My skin is fair yet has never been flattered by white and silver shimmer, satin, frost or metallic finishes in lipsticks. A few years ago the tide turned and gold-satin finishes became more prevalent.

When it comes to gold-finish lipsticks, I just can't help but buy & try. I own L'Oreal's "Kerry's Rosewood" (pale nude-lilac with fine gold shimmer), Rimmel's "Coral Spark" (a gold-flecked orange-coral that looks nearly invisible on), Milani's "Sugar Glaze" (a frosty nude-peach with a gritty feel and great staying power), Avon's Ultra Color "Frozen Rose" (a delicate peach-mauve with a fine gold shimmer), Avon Ultra Color Rich "Sparkling Warm Rose" (discontinued warm pink-gold, somewhat sheer, great for layering) and this: Wet 'n Wild Silk Finish "Dark Pink Frost", #502A. Honestly, I left this one in a makeup container still wrapped for over a year, thinking it was too similar to what I already owned. And yet for as many of these lipsticks as I own, they inevitably seem a bit too pale offering too little color contrast against my skin tone.

Although Wet 'N Wild is inexpensive, I rarely buy their lip colors because I don't like the scent (bad tasting, too!), the fact that they are made in China, and the fact that the packaging doesn't hold up even by bargain-brand standards (the lids splinter, inevitably). And yet I must admit: As gold-satin shades go, Wet 'N Wild's Dark Pink Frost is among the better ones I have tried a MLBB shade for me. Lightweight and surprisingly moisturizing, it is a pink-mauve color that while still subdued has an elegant golden finish without any gritty glitter to create the effect.

One reason I failed to appreciate this color for so long has to do with the name. It isn't particularly dark nor frosty white at all. Consequently, I feel it would be better named "Gilded Lilac". Poor choice of name or not, I hope Wet 'N Wild continues to manufacture this lip color. Wet 'N Wild Dark Pink Frost is most definitely a classic, a high-end color at a low-end cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

HG. This is all I wanted from a lipstick. Don't layer a kajillion times if you don't want to look like a robot is my personal rule with any frosty lipstick. I'm sorry but it is the perfect lipstick for me, which I have been searching for all my makeup-wearing life, and I'm really glad WnW carries it and not Guerlain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty pink with a little purple with a light frost. It also has a nice golden shimmer to it. This makes it look less like a 1980's cheap frost and more expensive. I like this color for everyday and going out. It's light enough to look pretty during the day and special enough to be dressed up with more makeup for night time wear. It also makes the prettiest blush when applied to the cheeks and rubbed in.
It is also highly pigmented and long lasting. It's a steal at 99 cents. I find this just as nice as department store lipsticks. The only complaint is the tube. It cracks and breaks after awhile. But it's only a dollar so I just buy a new one when that happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ArtsyBre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks! They are super cheap, yet the quality is fantastic! I have four, and "Dark Pink Frost" is a gorgeous one!
COLOR DESCRIPTION: When dabbed onto the lips, this gives my lips a berry color with a little shimmer/frost. When swiped on, it's a very cool, purple-toned shade of pink. It's not super dark, but it's definitely not light. I suppose this is a medium shade of pink with a berry tone, and the frost is definitely not overdone. I generally do not like super shimmery lip products, and I love this. I find the color and finish to be very flattering on my fair skin tone/coloring.
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: It's creamy and moisturizing. It feels like a lip balm on my dry lips.
COLOR PAY-OFF: This is very pigmented, and I feel like the color of this on my lips is super similar to what you see in the tube.
STAYING POWER: Unfortunately, I cannot honestly say I know exactly how long this lasts, but it seems like I can go at least two or three hours (if I'm not eating/drinking much) without having to reapply. Reapplication is no big deal for me since I don't feel like I need a mirror, and it feels so much like a lip balm (in my opinion).
PACKAGING: The packaging is nothing fancy, but I don't mind it at all! It's a silver tube with a clear cap, and it says "Wet n Wild" on the silver part with the shade on the bottom of the tube.
SMELL: I don't notice much of a smell at all.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen this lipstick in various stores, but I got mine at Smith's Marketplace for 79 cents. Talk about a bargain!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a beautiful lipstick. On me, it looks like dark mauve with copper sheen. I am NW15-20 / blue eyes, and unfortunately, it looks terrible on me. But I think someone with darker skin would look lovely and it looks very sophisticated and amazing for being such a cheap product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never truly found the end all, be all "my lips but better shade" that everyone seems to be able to find. Until now. Bought this for .69 cents, I had full face makeup on (my everyday look with black cat-eye, peachy blush) but only clear balm on my lips which makes me feel naked. I think I'm one of those that NEEDS lipstick to feel put together, but I wanted a more natural looking lipstick, I'm just not feeling my bright pinks and coral/reds. I put this on and its the perfect natural lip color. In the tube it looks like a muted light pink with silverish shimmer. On me its pink but not a true pink pink , maybe more on the mauve side with GOLD shimmer. I love the shimmer, I think it really makes this lipstick, the cooler toned lipstick with the warmer shimmer makes it unique, and probably more workable for a varity of skin tones. All I know is that it matches my lips so well you wouldn't be able to tell I had lipstick on except for the "glow" it gives me. Perfect go- with- everything natural lippy.

BTW- I think I have weird coloring- warm brown eyes, black hair and light skin with pinker undertones but need neutral/warmer toned foundations and cool toned color cosmetics or I look off. I wear Colorstay "sand beige" or rimmel 25 hr in "true ivory"

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaJane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Such a surprise to find the gold shimmer in this mid-range pink lipstick. Like the way it looks over balm better than on bare lips-less frosty that way, but you can still see the gold shine. I was trying to decide between this and 553B, but at 99, I was able to get both :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this lipstick. My lips are extremely sensitive and easily get irritated (bumpy rash followed by dry leathery lips) with most lip balms, lipsticks or lipglosses out there (both high and low end), so I approached this dirt cheap lipstick with some trepidation. Luckily, this doesn't break me out at all! Alone, it's a little too frosty "I'm still living in the 80s", but my favorite use is layering over a plum lipstick. It creates the most beautiful finish and it glides right on. Highly recommended!