Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish - #502A - Dark Pink Frost

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has a really nice creamy formula. Frosty pinks usually make me look quite washed out, but this one didn't. Really can't beat the price.

Under a buck at the drugstore, the very literally named Dark Pink Frost is definitely worth checking out. On me it's a deep shimmery rose, incredibly flattering and pretty in a soft way. It's creamy and almost opaque. I like to blend it into my lips well with a finger - with this application your lips look just-bitten, plush, and illuminated. It's not too garish if you blend it out. Wears well too. It sinks in, so if your lips start to feel naked and dry, apply some balm and it's all good.

This color may look and feel dated to you, but sheered/blended out it looks almost identical to the NARS Rikugien pencil on my lips...without the price tag and annoying sharpening. Wear it when you'll be out in the sun, your lips will catch the light ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a golden gilt mauve frost on me. It's so pretty & unique! It's not too OTT frosty nor turn whitish. This color & Breeze are my top 10 frosts. I love frosts grew up on them have always loved them I'm waiting for this matte lip thing to pass. This lipstick is a gem for $0.87!! It goes on so creamy. Don't be afraid of frosts they can be made to look good! This really highlights ur mouth. Can be used w MegaSlicks lipgloss for extra frostiness. Some people think frost looks cheap but I don't think that at all! It is how u balance out the rest of ur makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

WHOA. Amazed by these lipsticks!

Packaging: Simple black tube with a clear cover and name sticker on the bottom. Nothing fancy, but looks nice and works well. Try not to store these upside down, as they roll and smush themselves down on the cap. It's not an issue for me though.

Formula: Ah-MAZING! SOOOOOO impressed by this formula! Smooth, creamy, (but not overly creamy where they slide around and feel gross on the lips. Consistency is neither too thin or too thick.) very moisturizing, and long lasting. Gorgeous formula!

Longevity: Lasts about 6 hours until I notice fading. Very impressed.

Scent: These smell slightly like cherries. Not overpowering at all, almost undetectable.

Pigmentation: Beautiful! Fully opaque 1-2 swipes.

Seriously, CAN NOT go wrong. $0.99 for a luxury quality lipstick? Yes please! My favorite color has to be Dark Pink Frost. Stunning, unique rose pink with gold reflects. Definitely give these a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently picked this up for $0.79 cents at Rite Aid, and it's a definite winner. The name is kind of a misnomer, because it isn't very dark or frosty. It's actually a medium shimmery pink. I really love the color because it's well balanced. It's not too warm. It's not too cool. It's not too dark. It's not too lights. It's not too bright, but it's not a nude. I know I'll wear it a lot. The creamy formula is also great. It feels nice on my lips, but the wear is decent. I want to buy a backup right away!

This is a nice lipstick the packaging of course is cheap but you can't expect much for .99 cents anyhow this color is nice it is a good dupe for MAC's creme de la femme and fabby and I own both it is a bit slicker on the lips then the other two I mentioned but it is shiny and it is very nice I would recommend if you dont want to spend the 16.00 for MAC.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I should have seen "frost" and ran. It has a deionize shimmer to it. I don't like shimmer in my lipsticks... I also noticed it makes my lips feel a little dry

My skin is fair yet has never been flattered by white and silver shimmer, satin, frost or metallic finishes in lipsticks. A few years ago the tide turned and gold-satin finishes became more prevalent.

When it comes to gold-finish lipsticks, I just can't help but buy & try. I own L'Oreal's "Kerry's Rosewood" (pale nude-lilac with fine gold shimmer), Rimmel's "Coral Spark" (a gold-flecked orange-coral that looks nearly invisible on), Milani's "Sugar Glaze" (a frosty nude-peach with a gritty feel and great staying power), Avon's Ultra Color "Frozen Rose" (a delicate peach-mauve with a fine gold shimmer), Avon Ultra Color Rich "Sparkling Warm Rose" (discontinued warm pink-gold, somewhat sheer, great for layering) and this: Wet 'n Wild Silk Finish "Dark Pink Frost", #502A. Honestly, I left this one in a makeup container still wrapped for over a year, thinking it was too similar to what I already owned. And yet for as many of these lipsticks as I own, they inevitably seem a bit too pale offering too little color contrast against my skin tone.

Although Wet 'N Wild is inexpensive, I rarely buy their lip colors because I don't like the scent (bad tasting, too!), the fact that they are made in China, and the fact that the packaging doesn't hold up even by bargain-brand standards (the lids splinter, inevitably). And yet I must admit: As gold-satin shades go, Wet 'N Wild's Dark Pink Frost is among the better ones I have tried a MLBB shade for me. Lightweight and surprisingly moisturizing, it is a pink-mauve color that while still subdued has an elegant golden finish without any gritty glitter to create the effect.

One reason I failed to appreciate this color for so long has to do with the name. It isn't particularly dark nor frosty white at all. Consequently, I feel it would be better named "Gilded Lilac". Poor choice of name or not, I hope Wet 'N Wild continues to manufacture this lip color. Wet 'N Wild Dark Pink Frost is most definitely a classic, a high-end color at a low-end cost.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit- this over the top of a gloss/balm thing like the one by Bourjois is a great combo.
HG. This is all I wanted from a lipstick. Don't layer a kajillion times if you don't want to look like a robot is my personal rule with any frosty lipstick. I'm sorry but it is the perfect lipstick for me, which I have been searching for all my makeup-wearing life, and I'm really glad WnW carries it and not Guerlain.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a pretty pink with a little purple with a light frost. It also has a nice golden shimmer to it. This makes it look less like a 1980's cheap frost and more expensive. I like this color for everyday and going out. It's light enough to look pretty during the day and special enough to be dressed up with more makeup for night time wear. It also makes the prettiest blush when applied to the cheeks and rubbed in.
It is also highly pigmented and long lasting. It's a steal at 99 cents. I find this just as nice as department store lipsticks. The only complaint is the tube. It cracks and breaks after awhile. But it's only a dollar so I just buy a new one when that happens.

Recommended for Medium Skin