November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Carrot Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by ohiocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin has changed now. It's still very acne prone but it's also very dry (moved to a drier climate). I gave it a 4 because while it isn't perfect, it's pretty darn good for the price and the fact that it doesn't add to my breakouts. I think people expect miracles in a face cream and I'd give this a five had it not been for them changing all their formulations and making the whole brand more homogenized. I hate that. So, I have dry sensitive patches I never used to have and when i sleep with this, it's really helps heal . I kind of like the carrot smell but to be honest, I really don't care what it smells like or looks like while I'm sleeping. I have asthma and am sensitive to chemicals but it doesn't bother me a bit. It's worth trying if you can find it . My concern is it being discontinued in order to market a more expensive and frilly packaged cream that usually ends up being disappointing and full of cheap ingredients. Things only stay good for so long. I know they've changed the formulations on some products and when that happens, sadly the quality is compromised. Unless it's been discontinued I think it's one of their better face creams.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This night cream is garbage!! There's no point in claiming any benefits of Vitamin A because it's photosensitive and is rendered inactive in that clear jar. I did rate it a three, though, because it is a great nighttime lip treatment. I've been blessed with perpetually dry, cracking, flaking lips regardless of my water consumption and time of year. I know, don't be jealous. j/k...All joking aside, since I started using this bad boy on my lips last week, I've had the softest, not-at-all troubled lips. While it's great on my lips--moisturizes and sinks in well--that was not it's intended purpose so I can rate it no higher than a three. With that said, I will never buy it again as I'm sure there are equally/better lip moisturizers out there in more sanitary packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by anisola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. As small as the jar is, it lasts a longgggggg time. It's very concentrated. Yes, it is thick. Yes, it does feel greasy, but it works great. Whenever I have acne scars or I've picked at a blemish, I put this on my face at night and pin my bangs back and I swear they are improved in the morning, it also softens the lines on my forehead. I use it several times a week and I have dry acne prone combination skin. Even just dotting it around the eyes, forehead and zits. I'm tell ya, it works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrr

You know, in theory I should be loving this night cream to death. I love the smell, the ingredients, the brand... I love everything about it except that it doesn't work and it feels so waxy, like I just rubbed Burt's Bees beeswax chapstick all over my face. I don't even mind my face getting orange. It's just that my face can't breathe with this stuff on, and it's not because I'm in my early 20s. My mother, in her mid-50s, usually loves gunky stuff because her skin is so dry. Not this one. She can't stand it. She actually gave it away to me to try, to see if I can get any use out of it. No luck.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

I bought this on sale at about 75% off. If it was regular price, I would not have even contemplated buying this product. I should have left it at the store even if it was $5! It smells horrible. The waxy paste is ORANGE when you take it out. It leaves an orangey tint on your face that makes you worry that it's going to stain... and I didn't use too much! It feels oily on your face no matter how much you rub it in. Do what I should have done when you see this at the store, even if it were on super super sale at $1, leave it behind and buy some gum with the dollar.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Weird texture for sure, carrot juice smell for sure, but it works, if you need something natural for the night.
UPDATE: it can stain the bedsheets. Very sticky, and even though I saw lovely improvements in my skin by the mornings, I don`t like the texture anymore...Throwing it away, for night right now I use one of the Aubrey O.day creams that is my favorite (Rosa M). (Ok, back to BB, I still LOVE: the BB citrus face scrub...., and the Milk&Honey body wash...., and the Grapefruit&Shea hair conditioner, these are my 3 fav.BB products!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Misterio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely sensitive skin with several consistently dry, peeling patches near my chin and sometimes on my cheeks. I bought this as an intense spot treatment to help moisturize those patches so they wouldn't be peeling and gross looking in the morning anymore. I just use a little bit and massage it in well and it has been working very nicely. It smells good in my opinion, but being in a glass jar, you can always accidentally shatter the jar. You get a lot since a tiny bit goes a long way, and just make sure you wash your face in the morning. I have read places that it "stains" your skin, but I have never had that problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by wormzscareme

I have really dry cheeks so I bought this for that area specifically. Big mistake. While my t zone is naturally oily, I woke up in the morning with my entire face feeling like an oil slick. It didn't absorb into my skin and felt gross.

For someone with really dry skin- the jar lasts forever so not a bad price

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Honeybunnie8

I like this, but not as an everyday moisturizer. I use this when my face feels and looks like crap. If I am dry and flaky and been breaking out I slather this on at night and my skin feels better in the morning. Yes it does smell odd and is greasy and has an orange tint to it, but it works. The bottle I have has lasted me forever so the price is not bad at all so yes I would buy this again.
If you do use this I suggest not using it with white or light colored sheets as you may wake up to an orange colored pillow.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Arantha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yuck. Smells so wierd, like carrot baby food. Has a thick consistency, pretty oily. If you put too much on your face will be tinted orange. I do not suggest this product. The first night I got it my boyfriend asked me why my face smelled so wierd-i threw it out the next day.