April 16, 2014 | 1383 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I sort of have mixed feelings about this lipstick but I would buy it again because the things I don't like are pretty easy to overlook or fix. (By the way I have the color Airy Fairy)
CONS:
*the smell isn't the greatest. I would prefer it to have a typical lipstick smell or to be non scented but it has a very strong, kinda strange floral smell. Almost moth ball like? I know that sounds awful lol I usually end up putting some sort of gloss over top of it that has a nicer scent to cover it. Otherwise I can't deal with it.
*Rimmel lipstick's seemed to have gone up in price. Atleast where I live in FL. Mine was a little over 7 dollars which I think it kind of expensive for a drugstore lipstick. It's a lot more than some of the other drugstore lipsticks that I have. When I run out I will substitute for something cheaper till I feel like buying this one again.

PROS:
*The color I chose (Airy Fairy) is PERFECT for my skin tone. I'm quite tan/dark. I have a hard time finding pink lipsticks that don't wash me out or clash with my skin tone. This is one of the few that really does look perfect on me.
*Packaging is simple and sleek. Great for handbag carrying or to put in your makeup bag.
*Texture is very nice. Quite creamy and easy to apply but stays put throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by caaaaas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have this in 180 Jet Set Red and I love it!

formula: very rich and creamy, not too drying but not exactly moisturizing, best worn with a balm underneath. Without liner, lasts about 3 or 4 hours, with liner about 5 or 6, which I think is pretty good for drugstore, not amazing. Does need a touch up after eating or drinking. There is a scent but I never have a problem with scents; it's pleasant, kind of a sweet fruity scent, though some might be bothered. It does dry me out a bit after a few hours.

colour: this is really pigmented! one swipe was pretty much opaque on my lips. The colour is, I find, a pretty true red, though may lean warm on some others, I think. It's a really beautiful red lip and works really well on my fair, fair skin.

packaging: not the greatest, not the worst. It's a shiny dark tube with the same colour lid, no clear plastic window through which you can see the bullet. Doesn't come sealed so always pop the lid off and check it before you buy. I've had no problems with the lid coming off on me or anything, so that's good!

price: pretty good! I picked this up for about 6 or 7 dollars in Canada, and to me that's a win because everything seems to go for more here than it does anywhere else. definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

They're okay. I have two. The colours I have are absolutely wonderful. However, there are some issues.
The main issue is that these lipsticks are extremely drying & no matter how much lip balm I wear under & over these lipsticks, my lips are dry like crazy. Plus, despite the fact that both of the colours I have are quite dark (a mauve & a dark blue-based red), in the light & with flash photography, they both look bright pink. It's really really weird. Inside, they are true to colour. But outside, they're just .. pink. And I hate pink lipstick =/
On the upside, they do have a faint vanilla scent which I like, & they're some of the cheapest lipsticks you can find in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by cookiefaced

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipstick in Jet Set Red because I was looking for something similar to Estee Lauder's Nectarine lipstick, and Jet Set Red was very close to that shade - not to mention a LOT cheaper! It also complemented my warm skin tone very well since it is like a coral-red. It lasts for about 3-4 hours on average, though you could make it last a bit longer with the usual techniques to do so. As mentioned in another review, this lipstick is a bit drying, so you may wish to use a balm underneath. Overall, a good colour and product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Jazminjourney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to walmart looking for a true red lipstick and my mom had a Rimmel coupon so I decided to get this in jet set red. This product was horrible. I deseches it on my wrist and it came out nicely but the next day I tried it out and the color came out very orange. I decided to keep it on and in an I drank some water from a bottle and when I looked in the mirror all of the lipstick had rubbed off. I will definitely be returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Kitkatgirl

I bought this lipstick in Jet set red because I wanted a versatile red to use for pin up looks but I found that the red tends to look dead on my cool pale complexion unless I wear a beige or yellow tinted foundation. Overall, the lipstick itself stays on well for about three hours and it is drying so it is necessairy to put a lip balm on first.This product would look much better on someone with more of a warm skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahdams

I've tried the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in "Crush" and "Kiss." I believe there are about thirty different colors and they are all long-lasting formulas. "Kiss" is a bright shimmery pink, and "Crush" is an nude/orange color with golden undertones. These are long lasting, but I wouldn't say for eight hours like it says. These lipsticks are very creamy and very pigmented.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by shoegal831

I've only tried "Airy Fairy" which is a mauvy nude. It's gorgeous but the lipstick itself is too drying for my lips. It does last for a while but then it makes me want to put on layers and layers of chapstick cause my lips crack. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LindaYAY

I purchased this at CVS on clearance for $1.50, so I wasn't expecting an HG product or anything. Pink Blush looked nice in the store, but I shouldn't have trusted the display! It's a bright barbie pink, and I can only wear when paired with a peachy gloss that cancels out the fuschia/pink. I might have bought this in another color, more suited to my skin tone, but the smell of this was awful! It reminded me of cough syrup! The scent is definitely noticeable and ruins a nice formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by somethingforsam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I have Heavenly and Dare. These swatched nicely on my hand but looked pretty bad on my lips, but I won't review the product based on my bad selection. These lasted for several hours on my lips without drying, which isn't too bad. The only problem I found with this lipsticks was that in general the shades were particularly frosty or shimmery. Dare became noticeable frosty if applied heavily, but if blotted it's a nice wearable red. Heavenly seemed to look like a pink/mauve but turned purple/light pink on my lips. The upside is that I can use these as blushes instead! I don't think I'd purchase again, unless they bring in new colours that aren't so frosty.