December 19, 2014 | 1656 users online

Makeup Brushes - Morgen Schick - 8 Piece Brush Set

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 12:49:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sells for 49$ on the Shopping Channel here in Canada. Comes with 8 brushes and it seems like such a good deal. But honestly, I really only bought this for the two taklon brushes she includes in the kit. The Whisper Set powder brush is my favorite brush ever for applying loose powder, and I really wanted another one. I figured, if I could get another 7 brushes to go with it, plus a brush case, it would be a good deal. Well. The thing is, most of the brushes are very poor quality in this kit. The only brushes I can safely say I actually use are the Whisper Set Powder brush, the Crease brush and the flat liner brush. The brush blush is very floppy and the biggest loser of the bunch is the Mineral Brush, which is just a disaster. The brush bristles are all crossed the wrong way and the texture is scratchy. It's totally unusable. I'm not sure if all the 8 piece brush sets are similar, but the one I have is only so-so. I kept it for the Whisper Set powder brush and the excellent flat liner brush, but if it comes out cheaper for anyone to get those two seperately, it might be a better option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2003 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

When I saw this brush set on HSN for $29.95, I said, 4 taklong brushes, why not. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of almost all the brushes. The bad brush is the blush brush, very cheap and scratchy. However the rest were great. The Mineral Brush is identical to that of BE, LG, and Cat Cosmetics. Same brush. THe Whisper Set Powder Brush is a large taklon brush similiar to MAC 252. The Hide and Highlight taklon brush is a little longer than MAC 242, but great nonetheless. The brow brush, flat liner brush, angled eye liner brush are also superb taklon brushes. FInally it came with a crease brush (similiar to the old TM #23). It all comes in a cheap little bag, that i dont love but who cares. The taklon brushes are really excellent. Overall, found the quality of the brush to be excellent and you cant beat the price tag!