Mary Kay Eyeshadow in Onyx

on 1/19/2011 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the eyeshadows in small packages beacuse they are easy to store. I rarely carrry compacts in my purse (backpack to be more precise) because I do my makeup at home. I have a compact, but I just use it fopr travels.

This duo is great for smokey eye. You need to layer it to get enough color. I just hate that MK changed the format opf ther ES and now I won't boy again because their new format is stupiod if you don't have the proper compact

on 1/15/2010 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this product was okay. i usually stay with the bronze colors, they look best on my skin tone (medium). but i thought i would give the silvers a try. it was okay i guess, yeah its good for like a smoky eye. and the silver on the inner corners, but im going back to the golden colors.

on 8/17/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great combo. Love the black to use wet for eyeliner. Perfect for the "smoky" eye. While it's a nice color to have, it's not anything that can't be found in other brands.

on 4/20/2008 12:50:00 AM

i love love love the two different colors. what i don't like about the mary kay eye shadows is that you have to have the stupid expensive compact to fit them in. but the price you just cant beat. this gives you a great smokey eye, if applied correctly. BUT it did crease on my eyes within 1-2 hours. which sucks...

on 5/24/2007 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color goes on smooth and creamy (even if it's a powder) and lasts pretty much all day with minimal creasing, good quality stuff. But it goes on kinda sheer, I guess I like stuff with higher pigment. What I do HATE about Marykay eyeshadows/blushes etc is the pan they come in! Why don't they come in their own compact? You litterally HAVE to buy the Marykay compact to be able to tot these around in your purse or risk breaking them. Anyway. Carry on. :P
I won't buy it only b/c the packaging & the sheer-ness.

I have lots of MK shadows - for the price, they can't be beat, imo. Many of the colors are great on PPP skin like mine, b/c they are subtle, but can also be applied with more intensity if desired. I only use the dark side of onyx, for lining and also for a smokey eye.

on 7/27/2006 9:49:00 PM

This is quite a staple. The light grey is soft and the dark grey a great accent color for the crease. With a creamy all-over shadow, it's my standard eye for everyday (with the Steely pencil.) My favorite greys of all time. Love it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very nice dark gray/black combo. Can go on a little light, so make sure you use a good primer before this to get the full benefit out of this eyeshadow.

I used the sample of this product, which could be the reason I did not really like it too much. I am not good with smokey eyes, but I love them. The colors didnt seem to blend for me and just kind of sat there. It wasn't the worst, I just think that there are better ones out there.

on 1/9/2005 12:38:00 AM

I love this product. In fact all of the eyshadows work wonderfully. My next door neighbor and her mom are both Mary Kay ladies. I don't have to go far to get good makeup haha. I have never ever had a problem with any of their eyeshadows or products for that matter. The thing about them that is different then those store bought eyeshadows, is that they go so smooth and the color actually shows. With covergirl or maybelline, I have to layer it on before it actually shows up. Thats why I love mary kay you can make your look subtle or intense, like that! Onyx is my absolute favorite and is a staple, I am her number 1 customer for that. Its $6.50 which is cheap for how long it lasts which is due to how easy and how little you have to put on. Those covergirl ones and whatever may be 2, 3, or 4 dollars, but to be blunt...they are terrible! I layer those on and I just am never satisfied. Hope this helps!

Top Rated Mary Kay Products