Beauty Without Cruelty Eye Makeup Remover

3.7

Not tested on animals

Purified water, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil*, glycerin, octyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, capric caprylic triglycerides, stearic acid, allantoin, oat beat glucan, panthenol, cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) hydrosol*, calendula officinalis (calendula) extract*, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract*, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, glycereth-7 cocoate, PEG-40 castor oil, calendula officinalis (calendula) macerate, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, camellia sinensis (white tea) extract, tocopherol acetate, retinyl palmitate, rosa canina (rose hip) oil*, borago officinalis (borage) oil*, linum usitatissimum (flax) seed oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil*, soy lecithin, carbomer, phenoxyethanol, ethyl hexyl glycerin, benzyl alcohol. 60% Organic Content. *Organic ingredients NOP certified, by BCS, CCOF, OTCO, QAI.

on 5/7/2011 12:00:00 PM

BE AWARE: This product has PHENOXYETHANOL in it. A dangerous chemical. They try to pretend this product is healthy and I just read the label.

I'm sick of these companies falsely claiming to be healthy and "without cruelty" meanwhile, we're putting crap on our faces that can affect our reproductive systems. Unacceptable.

Want to read about it?

on 5/2/2011 12:54:00 AM

I love this stuff, and have used it for about a year. It does a good job taking off my eye make-up and leaves no greasy residue. BWC products overall are very good, and the fact that they are a cruelty free company makes me like them even more.

on 4/2/2011 12:06:00 AM

I love BWC because it is vegan, cruelty free and herbal based. Unfortunately, I did not find this product to be effective. I have the liquid formula. My bottle purports to take off all makeup, including waterproof "completely and easily." It doesn't remove my mascara or eyeliner at all. It also burns my eyes. Big bummer. Still looking for an effective, herbal, cruelty eye makeup remover.

on 1/20/2011 3:39:00 AM

Overall this is an average product. Not great, but not horrible either. I think I got this for about $4 on drugstore.com so it was pretty cheap. I let it sit on my eyes for a few seconds before I try to wipe everything off which helps but I find it still have to go over it several times before I can get everything off. Its not a great remover because sometimes after I shower I can still see remnants of my mascara. Another con is I end up using more product than I normally do when using other mascaras because its not able to take everything off in the first or second swipe. However, I do like that its a creamy consistency (which seems to feel somewhat moisturizing) and I do like that its vegan. I'm trying to switch to more natural products and I have found this to be a better natural product to Earth Science's chamomile eye remover.

on 12/23/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

IDK about this watery one, but I use the creamy version. The label is reversed, white with blue letters.
I love it, its my favorite eye makeup remover. Takes everything off but I don't use any waterproof makeup so I can't vouch for that.
I'm going to try more of their products, seems like a great company with quality products as I read more reviews.

on 11/16/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff has the consistency of water that would remove the same amount of makeup that a moist towelette would, so basically useless as a separate makeup remover unless you hardly wear anything, and I mean like no mascara or gel liner.

on 5/15/2009 9:18:00 PM

I had been using clinique's Take the Day Off for a while and really liked it but wanted something less expensive. I wear waterproof mascara but decided to try this BWC even though reviews were mixed...if you wear waterproof makeup, don't buy this stuff because it won't take it off.

on 5/3/2009 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A light, non-oily liquid makeup remover that whisks off eye-makeup quickly and cleanly. No fragrance, no residue, no irritation. It's not tested on animals, and it contains a handful of botanical extracts. The flip-top bottle is convenient, and the price is reasonable. One quibble with this product: it contains methylparaben and proplyparaben, so it's not as "natural" as it might appear.

on 6/7/2008 6:23:00 PM

This review is for their creamy version. Smells great, removes all my eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow), leaves my skin soft and glowy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love that Beauty Without Cruelty is vegan and against animal testing but I was not pleased with this product. It was definitely cruel to my eyes. It burned! >.<