July 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Polishes - Mavala - Nail Colour Pearl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I have several cream polishes by Mavala that are okay but in terms of colour and consistency nothing special. BUT: my absolute favourite is the Colour Pearl Polish in "Osaka": I have received so many compliments for this colour, which is a frosty milky nacre-rose, a totally outstanding colour. It is so difficult to describe the tone, you have to test it. There is NO streaking and it's highly pigmented. Actually this is the polish I reach for when I don't have time for a decent manicure. It dries quickly and looks, as if I just stepped out of the salon and suits my fair-medium skintone (NC20-25) sooooooo well :)
Have just finished my first bottle within half a year which doesn't happen with other polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the mavala polishes! As long as you use a more expensive base and topcoat, it works perfectly. I have the pearl-formula in DEEP BLUE, and its become my signature nail-colour. It easy to apply, and it nice and shiny. And the price can't be competed! Love mavala, and will continue purchasing theese.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by eowyn797

okay, these retail for about $8 for .17 fl oz/5ml (this is 1/3 the size of an OPI), so for me? they're expensive. a lot of the pearl colors fall heavily on the "frost" side of 'pearl', although it isn't ever a tacky in in-your-face frost. i much prefer their cream shades, though (some of the "creams" have subtle shimmer, so Mavala's kinda crazy ;))

Mavala has an excellent selection of traditional nail colors (neturals, pinks, reds) and a LOT of them are warmer colors rather than cooler. for those of you that love polishes with a peachy tone to them, Mavala has a PLETHORA of those.

i have found the application to be very smooth with no streaking, even in the sheerer shades. the brush, while small, is still easy enough to use. the packaging is nice and the amount is perfect for those of us with way too much polish to use anything more than a handful of times ;) i'd bet you can get 10-20 uses out of these, depending on how thickly you apply.

i would only ever pick these up if they were on special...they don't seem worth more than $4 to me for the amount :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 1:50:00 AM More reviews by monik

Mavala is my favourite brand for nail polish. It's cheap, it comes in about a million colours, the bottles are so small I actually use all of it before it's too old, and the brush is good. I like dark colours, and they flake pretty quickly, but that may be because I can't be bothered to use base coat or top coat or anything like that. I think the pearl colours last better than the cream colours though. EDIT With basecoat and top coat, (both from Mavala too) my nailpolish lasts 5-8 days! Pearl colours still a little better than cream colours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2003 3:43:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

I have this nail polish in no. 6, "osaka". The color is a pearly pink which is pretty, but I just can't get an even application! This nail polish always ends up looking streaky :(