Rusk Sensories Calm

3.4

on 12/27/2014 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The comments about this shampoo making hair fall out are so true. I was suspecting this shampoo was making my hair fall out in handfuls, but I never took it too seriously because no shampoo ever caused that reaction on me. I spent money on biotin and multivitamins thinking it would help, but my hair kept falling out in thick strands until I finished the bottle and switched to a different shampoo. Never buying it again. So if any of you are suspecting this shampoo to cause fallout, it most likely is.

on 12/12/2014 8:14:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this and other rusk shampoos on and off for years, and I always come back to it. Its sulfate free, which is very important to me. It smells delicious (especially the light blue one with ginseng) and my bf loves it. He started using it when we started living together and hasn't stopped.
It doesn't lather too too much, which could be a downside for some, but coming from someone who is used to sulphate free shampoos, I love it regardless. Just because something doesn't lather, doesn't mean its not cleaning your scalp. It does a wonderful job of getting rid of the excess oils but leaving the beneficial ones. I have even applied coconut oil masks to my hair previous to washing with this and have come out of the shower grease and buildup free.
All in all a gentle and lovely product. Will always repurchase!
Ps- the matching conditioner is very very light. I usually skip buying it and settle for Joico sulfate free conditioners.
PPS- to be more helpful, my hair is fine, color treated, oily root/dry ends and wavy. People with different hair texture may get different results with this shampoo.

on 11/14/2013 4:02:00 PM

I used this shampoo for about two weeks or three weeks. I will say it cleanses very well, has a great, light scent, and a good lather. But my hair started falling out in handfuls. Every time I ran my fingers through my hair, I would get at least 6 or 7 strands. In the shower it looked like there were tiny hamsters coming out of my head. And then my scalp got insanely itchy and red and super irritated. I stopped using it and it went away in about a week. My hair still fell out though for a few weeks. Might have just been something my scalp didn't agree with, but I absolutely hated this shampoo.

on 10/21/2013 1:05:00 PM

I've been using this shampoo over two years now, on my double-processed hair, have bought a few bottles. It does not strip my color and gets my scalp really clean. This was recommended to my by the staff at ULTA when I asked for a clarifying shampoo for fragile, bleached hair. I am happy they turned me on to this shampoo.

on 2/24/2013 5:56:00 PM

I usually like Rusk and what it does for my hair, however, this Shampoo does nothing! It doesn't lather, and it makes my hair very dry. I was very surprised, however, the smell is nice, and the conditioner is pretty nice as well. Overall not the best, but not the worst.

on 10/22/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Rusk's Calm shampoo. It leaves my hair feeling fresh, soft, clean, and moisturized. My hair color looks gorgeous when I use this. My hair is wavy-straight, color-treated, fine, oily at roots, dry at ends, prone to frizz. For my hair type, I definitely experience above-average results when using this. And it smells amazing, as well.

on 6/17/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

For the love of all that is holy, do NOT get any of this shampoo in your eyes. The burning!

That being said, this works well as an everyday shampoo for normal hair. It contains sulfates but it doesn't have silicones, which is a combination that I look for in a shampoo. It is cleansing but also a bit drying, so I try to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. It's not the most exciting shampoo since it doesn't really do anything special. But I personally don't need my shampoo to have a lot of bells and whistles. I just want something to clean my hair effectively, which this seems to do.

on 1/1/2012 9:17:00 PM

This shampoo is nice, nothing extraordinary, but for someone like me, this is fine. My hair is medium in length and also medium in texture. It does a good job of cleaning my hair without stripping it. I have a natural wave to my hair and this shampoo seems not to weigh it down. The smell reminds me of summer which I love! All in all a fairly nice shampoo, plus I got it on sale so the price was right as well. I don't believe I would pay full price for this product, but if I ever happen across it on sale again, I will probably pick it up.

on 9/10/2011 12:47:00 PM

I really don't like this shampoo. No matter how much I use, my hair doesn't feel 'clean.' It also seems to dry my hair out. I would not buy again.

on 8/25/2011 7:19:00 AM

I really like this so far! it feels like a deep clean, but not drying. I think the smell is just ok, nothing to write home about :) but still nice! (other reviewers rave about the scent) I am writing this review based solely on the shampoo- I don't like conditioners unless they are leave in sprays. I like that you only have to use a little bit and it lathers up really well. I think I prefer the ammonium, to the sodium L sulfate in some 'poos and doesn't irritate my scalp (so far) I bought this because it said CALM.. and my previous 'sls free' infusium23 was making me itchy. I will update more after I use about half the bottle. I would definitely repurchase, although I have my first attempt at L'anza brand of shampoo coming in the mail very soon!-- this gets good reviews on this site :) This Rusk feels like an elegant shampoo lol!! I paid like 11.99 for it.. I don't know how some people only paid like 2$!!!!! how and where?? :) **** EDIT**** ok so today I showered and left the shampoo on for like 10 seconds like usual.. and it BURNED.. so I researched the Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and it says that it's synonymous with SULPHURIC ACID!!! WTF!!!! no wonder it burned my eyes wayyyy more than normal omg. here;s the website

this is now my new dish soap/house cleaning product because I do like the smell. LOLOL!!!

Popular Shampoos