Klorane Dry shampoo

4.2

Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa(Rice), Starch(Oryza Sativa), SD Alcohol 39-C(Alcohol Denat), Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa(Oat), Kernel Oil(Avena Sativa), CYclodextrin, Cyclomethicone, fragance(Parfum), Isopropyl Myristate Slicia.

on 7/18/2015 1:27:00 AM

I am reviewing the dry shampoo with nettle, for oily hair.

This product works pretty well, adds volume, and does a good job preventing the hair from getting greasy for the rest of the day. Virtually no scent. I didn't find the powder too difficult to comb out of my dark hair.

The problem is that there's not very much in the can, so it's actually really expensive.

I'm trying to switch from washing my hair every day to every 2 days, so my hair gets pretty oily on the 2nd day, so maybe I am using more product than other people are. Or maybe I just need more practise aiming it. Anyway, I used it every 2 to 3 days and it lasted like 3 weeks.

Will still repurchase since it works for me - maybe the next can won't go by so quickly! O_o

on 6/23/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cult classic for a reason. Works great and has appealing unisex fragrance. Although I try not to spray this too close to the scalp (because of the alcohol, listed as SD alcohol/alcohol denat), just on the hair. Seems to have become more expensive to buy in Australia in the last year?

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried both the nettle and the oat milk version. Both are excellent products, just depends what you're looking for. The nettle is supposed to be a little bit "stronger," absorbing more oil and keeping hair "clean-looking" longer. However, I got pretty good results with the oat milk one too. Using Klorane, I've been able to transition to washing my hair every four days. And I don't even have to apply it on each one of those days- one or two days max. It has a great preventative effect that stops your hair from accumulating more oil even AFTER you put it in. This is where the nettle version really shines- the oat milk has the same immediate effect but the nettle holds the oil at bay better, so I personally like the nettle one.

People have mentioned a "nice smell", but I really don't detect any smell at all. That's one of the things I like about this product. Compared to the Kevin Murphy dry shampoo, which had a very strong smell (and many other dry shampoos do), this is much better. I personally don't want my dry shampoo to compete with my perfume.

Be sure to shake the can before use, and the product will spray out in a fine mist. This makes the can last longer. I burned through my first can within just a couple weeks because I wasn't shaking it up properly. Thank goodness I gave it another shot and got it right! My hair is pretty thick so I spray it in sections, but you don't need a lot. I actually think I may be using more than I need and am trying to scale back. It comes out kind of white. Just use your fingers to comb it through and rub it in and it should disappear (it's been invisible on my hair when it's been blonde, strawberry blonde, and dirty blonde). There is a tinted version now too if you're worried about color- but, as well as being the least scented dry shampoo I've tried, it's also the most invisible. It builds up a little on hair but not a lot- much better than a powder dry shampoo from a shaker, for example.

Application is quick and easy and really does make your hair look freshly washed. I'll never forget the look on the face of this guy I was seeing when I used it in front of him- he was absolutely blown away by the difference and really thought it looked like I'd just showered. "Magic," I believe he said. :)

My only complaints with this product are the size of the can and price- I wish I got more for my money- and the aerosol. I'd happily work harder to apply this if it would protect the environment. I'd like to see a switch to non-aerosol. As for the price, I try to pick this up when it's 15 or 20% off at the drugstore (which happens sometimes) and buy a couple cans. But they ARE lasting me longer these days; my hair has adjusted to being washed less frequently and I don't need as much product as when I first started. As it stands, I continue to buy this even if it's not always marked down. If a cheaper product comes out that's also invisible, unscented, and cruelty-free (to my knowledge Klorane is), I'd be all over that.

Give this a try. If your hair is really oil or you just want to go as long as possible without washing, get the nettle. If you still plan on washing your hair every 2-3 days, get the oat milk.

on 5/20/2015 11:59:00 PM

This is the review for Klorane Dry Shampoo - extra gentle with oat milk.

Stay away from this product, I know it says extra gentle but it contains both Silica & Aluminum. It was an okay dry shampoo but for MONTHS my face was breaking out. I switched out my skincare routine numerous times. Turns out it was from this, I tossed it and my face is now returning to normal.

I had previously used the regular version of this dry shampoo, I did like that one.

on 5/19/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: It pains me to drop a lippie off my review, but I'm doing so due to cost. I feel this is just too expensive to use regularly. It's truly a great product, but I went through the can so quickly (quicker than I've ever gone through any product) that the cost to replenish this regularly would just be too high.

This is definitely the best dry shampoo I've tried...no contest! Truly makes my second day hair look as good as freshly washed hair. And that has never happened to me with any other dry shampoo. Sprays on light with a hint of powder, and virtually no scent. It works really well to refresh hair and doesn't have the nauseating scent that most every other dry shampoo has.

on 4/21/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I can understand why this has a cult following: Fresh Air scent, absorbs into scalp easily & controls oilies

At 1st I used a heavy hand - between the nozzle (built like Pantene's which bends forward, not straight down) and my force, white powder poofed onto my scalp. So I was much more careful on 2nd attempt and lo & behold - a fine mist sprayed straight into the parts I created to access my scalp.

1/2 lippie off for the nozzle type, 1/4 lippie off for high potential for white residue if you're not careful and 1/4 off for price. But Im aware you get what you pay for and this runs rings around Batiste and others so..,

All in all a really nice dry shampoo I will definitely repurchase

Best dry shampoo I've found to date! I have been using dry shampoo for the past few months in an effort to cut back on washing my hair. This saves me time in the mornings before work, and more importantly, I have hard water and color treated hair, so not a good combo. I try to go 2-3 days between washing my hair, but I have a very oily scalp and work out a lot so sometimes I just have to wash it daily. The first dry shampoo I tried was the Alterna cleanse extend dry shampoo (it comes in a travel size can at Sephora for $12) which I thought was okay at absorbing oil but left a noticeably heavy residue and didn't work as well on day 2 without washing. Then I tried the Loreal Blow Dry It Blow Out Spray (around $5 at Walgreens) which works great at absorbing excess oil but my hair still looked 'worn' and a little flat. I recently took a trip to Paris and Klorane was in all of the pharmacies and I had read about it's cult following, so I was really excited to see it at my local Walgreens. I picked up the original and tinted version. The scent is light, not exactly fragrant or appealing to me, but it isn't overpowering and doesn't bother me. I've tried both the original and tinted versions and they both have a slightly powdery finish as soon as you spray them into your roots, but once you work the product in it blends nicely into the hair. For reference I have dark brown hair and both formulas work and look about the same for me. What I love most about using this product is that it makes my hair look like it's clean/washed. I can definitely feel the product build up, especially if I've used it 2 days in a row, but I can tolerate it as it doesn't irriate my scalp. It is a little pricey compared to the Loreal spray, but I think it's worth it and I will definitely buy again.

on 2/9/2015 11:41:00 AM

I bought this to refresh my hair after workouts since I try to wash it every three days. It is the first time I tried dry shampoo and I actually didn't expect it to be that effective. It prevents greasy appearance, gives roots a little lift and doesn't show even on my black hair. It saved me when I had stitches in my hair after an accident and couldn't wet my hair at all for ten days! I can't use it regularly though. My problem with this product is that it contains starch. I already knew that makeup products with starch give me breakouts(ughhh korres zea mays blush), but I didn't make the connection when buying this. I use it only when I have to, and then try to wash my hair thoroughly as soon as I can or I get zits around the hairline. It isn't a terrible product, it would be fine if my skin was ok with starch but since there are a lot more options (and much cheaper brands) I definitely won't repurchase this.

on 2/5/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried many, many dry shampoos over the years and this is only one I have come back to over and over again. It smells wonderful and does a fantastic job of getting rid of excess oil and giving 2nd day hair a lift. If you have darker hair I would get the tinted version.

on 2/3/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is quite good actually. It sprays a strong mist and absorbs oil nicely. The scent isn't too strong like others which is a plus in my book (I'm looking at you Toni & Guy!) My only gripe is that it doesn't do much regarding volume.

Top Rated Klorane Products