Klorane Dry shampoo

4.2

Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa(Rice), Starch(Oryza Sativa), SD Alcohol 39-C(Alcohol Denat), Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa(Oat), Kernel Oil(Avena Sativa), CYclodextrin, Cyclomethicone, fragance(Parfum), Isopropyl Myristate Slicia.

Best dry shampoo I've found to date! I have been using dry shampoo for the past few months in an effort to cut back on washing my hair. This saves me time in the mornings before work, and more importantly, I have hard water and color treated hair, so not a good combo. I try to go 2-3 days between washing my hair, but I have a very oily scalp and work out a lot so sometimes I just have to wash it daily. The first dry shampoo I tried was the Alterna cleanse extend dry shampoo (it comes in a travel size can at Sephora for $12) which I thought was okay at absorbing oil but left a noticeably heavy residue and didn't work as well on day 2 without washing. Then I tried the Loreal Blow Dry It Blow Out Spray (around $5 at Walgreens) which works great at absorbing excess oil but my hair still looked 'worn' and a little flat. I recently took a trip to Paris and Klorane was in all of the pharmacies and I had read about it's cult following, so I was really excited to see it at my local Walgreens. I picked up the original and tinted version. The scent is light, not exactly fragrant or appealing to me, but it isn't overpowering and doesn't bother me. I've tried both the original and tinted versions and they both have a slightly powdery finish as soon as you spray them into your roots, but once you work the product in it blends nicely into the hair. For reference I have dark brown hair and both formulas work and look about the same for me. What I love most about using this product is that it makes my hair look like it's clean/washed. I can definitely feel the product build up, especially if I've used it 2 days in a row, but I can tolerate it as it doesn't irriate my scalp. It is a little pricey compared to the Loreal spray, but I think it's worth it and I will definitely buy again.

on 2/9/2015 11:41:00 AM

I bought this to refresh my hair after workouts since I try to wash it every three days. It is the first time I tried dry shampoo and I actually didn't expect it to be that effective. It prevents greasy appearance, gives roots a little lift and doesn't show even on my black hair. It saved me when I had stitches in my hair after an accident and couldn't wet my hair at all for ten days! I can't use it regularly though. My problem with this product is that it contains starch. I already knew that makeup products with starch give me breakouts(ughhh korres zea mays blush), but I didn't make the connection when buying this. I use it only when I have to, and then try to wash my hair thoroughly as soon as I can or I get zits around the hairline. It isn't a terrible product, it would be fine if my skin was ok with starch but since there are a lot more options (and much cheaper brands) I definitely won't repurchase this.

on 2/5/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried many, many dry shampoos over the years and this is only one I have come back to over and over again. It smells wonderful and does a fantastic job of getting rid of excess oil and giving 2nd day hair a lift. If you have darker hair I would get the tinted version.

on 2/3/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is quite good actually. It sprays a strong mist and absorbs oil nicely. The scent isn't too strong like others which is a plus in my book (I'm looking at you Toni & Guy!) My only gripe is that it doesn't do much regarding volume.

on 1/15/2015 3:34:00 PM

Hair colour: Dark brown to black

Hair type: Greasy roots, dry ends

Having greasy roots means that I normally have to wash my hair every day, which is very stripping on the ends, so I decided to take the plunge and get on the dry shampoo bandwagon. I started with the Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, and I must say that it really does work.
I have since finished that first can and moved on to my next one, which is the newer Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk for Brown to Dark Hair.

Pros:
+ Does not leave visible white streaks in my dark hair
+ Keeps my roots relatively grease-free, if I spray it on correctly
+ Provides some lift for my straight, flat hair
+ Does not leave the roots feeling gritty
+ Lasted me about half a year, which was pretty good for very regular usage

Cons:
- I found that I must remember to shake the bottle and really hold it at arm's length, then spray it right at the roots for it to really take effect. On days when I do a shoddy job at it, my roots just remain greasy.
- It is a little pricier than some other dry shampoos, like Batiste and CoLab, both of which are also pretty decent ones. In my experience, the Batiste does somewhat leave some residue and grittiness. On the other hand, the CoLab dry shampoo does its job almost as well as the Klorane one does, with the exception of providing lift and having a noticeable fragrance.

Definitely a must-have on my shelf.

on 1/11/2015 11:35:00 PM

Best dry shampoo I have tried to date. Saves me from having to wash my hair constantly leaves my scalp and hair feeling fresh. Love this!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Blends in what any color I ordered it at there main site klorane I plan look for more on eBay or amazon for cheaper price is $20 and lasted 2 years using it 3 times a month , it's little on roots and goes long way .

on 12/21/2014 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Since discovering Batiste recently, I have not felt the need to experiment with any other dry shampoos. However, after receiving a sample of this in Birch Box, I used this in between Batiste cans. I felt it was effective, definitely the only competition I've seen come close to Batiste, but since it is almost double the cost, it's difficult to justify. Especially since Batiste works better anyway! I do think the ingredients are a bit more "pure" with Klorane and probably a bit more gentle overall. The scent was clean/almost nonexistent, which is great since a lot of these types of products have a very strong scent. Great product, but not worth the money!

on 10/23/2014 5:17:00 AM

I jumped on the dry shampoo bandwagon when I heard it's really good for giving oomph to blunt fringes. I normally wash my hair every second day, but this stuff lets me stretch it out to four days and still look fresh. I section my hair and spray it on the roots and under the fringe, do my makeup, then brush it all out. Instant volume and my bangs look so full! Even though it can go on white, after brushing it does not leave any residue, not even dandruff-like flakes. It does not make my head feel itchy nor my hair feel crunchy. Compared to Batiste, it may seem pricey but I love the results so I don't mind. Will buy again.

on 10/8/2014 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have greasy roots and I have been looking for a dry shampoo to make my hair washes last longer. I was using Batiste dry shampoo before this but a family member recommended that I try this (I am using the one with the green cap- with nettle extract). I like the smell of this, it is not as strong as Batiste's. I thought that this worked really well for my hair, it made my hair appear less greasy and added volume. I haven't used a lot of dry shampoo's so I don't know if dry shampoos really work that well in general, but this seems to work just fine.

My only complaints include that it is a bit expensive for the quantity you get and that it makes my scalp a bit itchy if I use it two days in a row (but that could just mean that it's time to wash my hair).

Top Rated Klorane Products