August 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Gloss (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by chixxle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Super Orgasm from Sephora. It cost about $30 which is pretty expensive but I can never seem to find a lip gloss that looks nice on my lips. I have tan skin and dark lips (the top on is darker than the bottom) and so everything looks weird on me. This is a really nice product because it looked decent. The problem I had was it fades really fast and when it is gone you are left with these sparkles stuck to your lips. I will probably buy it again but I'm still looking for a better gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE the color selection, am meh on the price, but HATE the (lanolin?) scent and won't repurchase for that reason. Life is too short to wear lipgloss with a retch-inducing scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by longhairdontcare1992

I ordered Strip Tease from Sephora, and I was so excited to get it. The colour is really nice, I think I'll be layering it over a lipstick though.

But...

The smell is HORRENDOUS! Omg! Absolutely disgusting.

Really not sure if I'd repurchase because of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the regular line of glosses, not the Larger Than Life glosses. These glosses are moderately pigmented. I own Turkish Delight and Striptease. I prefer to layer these glosses over lipstick. I took one lippie off since it doesn't have the best staying power. Stila, Lancome, and MAC last much longer. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last year at Sephora in Albatross for $10.00. Could not resist

I lost it before I used it all but darn near to the end of the small package

Pro's
Color - Albatross is gorgeous on the lips

Packaging - nice sleek and small easy to slip in my pocket or purse

No lip stick etc needed with this product; it had plenty of color

$10 - well that is a decent price

Con's
Sticky - yep - it was really sticky and tacky

Taste - not super offensive not as great as some of my favs (JM, LM)

I would not re purchase any NARS lip gloss products due to the tacky feeling - I just do not like that feel on my lips

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I finally gave in and got Turkish Delight, described as the best milky nude EVAHH. I had to try it, and its a really good gloss, far surpassing ds glosses. The complaint I have with most glosses is how sticky and leaky they get. This one is not sticky in the least, layers very nicely with any lipstick, especially useful for making that Korean milky gradient lip look. I dont think it's pigmented enough to wear alone like a mac lipglass. For the price, its also rather expensive. I dont know if i want to try any other shade unless its very pigmented.

Love how lux the tube is. If it was cheaper i would collect more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I never liked my Nars lipgloss before, but in the past two months, I've adored them and gone out and bought two new ones!

They vary in texture, color, thin/thickness, stickiness, and opacity. It's very strange with this, as the line is not consistent in any way.
I have 4 and they're all completely different. I will do individual reviews for them later, so this is kind of a NTS!

Pros:
Depending on what you're looking for in a lipgloss, you could potentially get a liquid lipstick (Example: Dolce Vita, Angelika) which is opaque, not sticky, and gorgeous. You could also get sheer, buildable colors. (Easy Lover) is a personal shade that is a sheer hot pink, stickier than others in the line, but lasts long. I also have Deep Throat which is somewhere right in the middle.

The thing that I love about these is for my sensitive lips, they don't peel. I no longer have to reach for lipbalm on an hourly/daily basis because I need to heal my lips from a lipstick or gloss that made them peel. Therefore the condition of my lips is a lot better, and since I don't bring out balm anymore with me, a swipe of this lipgloss can help them feel so much better.

Cons:
* I took one lippie off for hefty price for lipgloss AND mainly because: Some of the glosses have a terrible plastic/toxic taste that make me wince when I apply my lipgloss. This shouldn't happen on any planet at all with any product, but with some of these, they do. :/ I buy them like this too, so I'm not sure if it's old stock or just the way Nars lipgloss are. A newer purchase of mine (Angelika) did not have this issue and it is one of the ones without the rancid smell and taste.

And I'm not even a lipgloss girl. I used lipsticks religiously for years, until these past two months. I blame this terrible tween-y obsession I recently got from watching my favourite TV show where Crystal Reed has the most beautiful, glossy sheer lip color ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Caroline92118

I really like these lip glosses by Nars except for the texture... they are very sticky. All of the lip glossing come in very many different shades which are all fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

Rave review for this lip gloss! I was lucky to own one which was given by a friend and I fell in love with it on my first use! The color is vivid, very moisturizing without being too thick. This is the only gloss I tried that stays true to its color after hours of wear. I have to say that this gloss opened the doors for me to include other Nars stuff in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by APaleBlondeSpeaks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank you, MakeupAlley, for your advice on NARS lip gloss!! Normally I would not pay this much for lip gloss, but I have to say, the Larger Than Life line of NARS gloss is well worth the money!! (I recommend trying on different shades until you find ones that suit you, but I intend to buy this in at least one more shade so this is a general review.) NARS makes all kinds of gloss, but I got the Larger than Life gloss in Piree. It is shiny without looking greasy, just a natural moist look. It lasts much like lipstick but is moisturizing. I've had problems with lip gloss that dries my lips out, looks unnatural, or doesn't last, but this gloss lasts and makes my lips look a lot healthier for wearing it. (I got some Buxom glosses as a gift and thought they were good, but after an hour my lips looked all shriveled and dry, so I went searching again.) FYI, the NARS color I ended up choosing is extremely flattering for pale blondes. You can go with a natural-looking color, like Piree, or a more fashion-conscious color for a more "made up" look. You can also wear a little or a lot - it will layer a bit for more pigmentation. I highly recommend trying different colors until you find what you'll wear most and then shelling out for this one, ladies!