NARS Lip Gloss (All Shades)

The lip gloss of my life. It's great - shine, pigment, hydration - all with cute packaging.

While pricey, I justify that it IS Nars and they make good stuff. I keep coming back to this brand after years of trying DS and HE stuff. It is one of the best I terms of color, staying power and consistency. It doesn't dry my lips out yet gives strong color, which is better for me than some lipsticks. My lips tend to be dry so I like glosses which help that, not hinder it. I'm going to ruthlessly purge my lip gloss stash soon as I can't stand keeping things around if they are no longer useful. My latest Nars lip gloss is called something like Sixties (_____) ?, which is a great dark vampy shade. It is new shade and I was reminded of why I love this line (customer since 2002).

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Got this in Tasmania - a pastel pink that looks great in the tube but on the lips it's just your lips with a moist shine. Ah, really wanted to love this, but the color spoiled it all for me. Otherwise, the texture, packaging, wear is OK, I wouldn't say it's up there, but pretty decent. I think I'll still try the other colors for names if for nothing else)). The other thing is Tasmania may be a great gloss to layer over another lipstick, I think that would be the best use for it, because to achieve any slight pink pastel shade, you really need to layer for an hour.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I spent a good hour at Sephora trying to find my new favorite lip gloss (there really should be a law against companies discontinuing popular lip gloss lines- that's highly traumatizing to women). I tried almost every gloss in Sephora. I wanted something neutral with a little shine but not glittery, and a smooth application that blends easily. I can't stand sticky/tacky glosses (there should be a law against that too!). I tried the Nars glosses early in my search, walked away from them and then came right back. I liked them enough to start out, but after comparing them to everything else out there, I realized they were much better and offered a better variety of shades. Then I tried on the color "Striptease" (which might be the best name ever for a lip gloss) and I fell totally in love. It's the best neutral shade ever! Search over! I picked that right up. I've now been wearing it or alone or layering it over a light pink or nude lip pencil filled in lip, or a nude matte lipstick, or a light sheer coral lipstick. Striptease fits perfectly with everything.

I purchased this gloss in a neutral pink color to wear over bolder red lipsticks and defuse some of their color. I'm not usually into wearing gloss on my lips but this isn't a typical sticky gloss and it's also much more pigmented. It creates a beautiful shine while moisturizing the lips and on top of that it has decent staying power.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this in Super Orgasm from Sephora. It cost about $30 which is pretty expensive but I can never seem to find a lip gloss that looks nice on my lips. I have tan skin and dark lips (the top on is darker than the bottom) and so everything looks weird on me. This is a really nice product because it looked decent. The problem I had was it fades really fast and when it is gone you are left with these sparkles stuck to your lips. I will probably buy it again but I'm still looking for a better gloss.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE the color selection, am meh on the price, but HATE the (lanolin?) scent and won't repurchase for that reason. Life is too short to wear lipgloss with a retch-inducing scent.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I ordered Strip Tease from Sephora, and I was so excited to get it. The colour is really nice, I think I'll be layering it over a lipstick though.

But...

The smell is HORRENDOUS! Omg! Absolutely disgusting.

Really not sure if I'd repurchase because of that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the regular line of glosses, not the Larger Than Life glosses. These glosses are moderately pigmented. I own Turkish Delight and Striptease. I prefer to layer these glosses over lipstick. I took one lippie off since it doesn't have the best staying power. Stila, Lancome, and MAC last much longer. I will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this last year at Sephora in Albatross for $10.00. Could not resist

I lost it before I used it all but darn near to the end of the small package

Pro's
Color - Albatross is gorgeous on the lips

Packaging - nice sleek and small easy to slip in my pocket or purse

No lip stick etc needed with this product; it had plenty of color

$10 - well that is a decent price

Con's
Sticky - yep - it was really sticky and tacky

Taste - not super offensive not as great as some of my favs (JM, LM)

I would not re purchase any NARS lip gloss products due to the tacky feeling - I just do not like that feel on my lips

Recommended for Medium Skin