April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when Walmart was out of my usual product. I was doubtful that I would like it, because it is a watery liquid, rather than a lotion, which I prefer.
Surprise! It's a good product.
It separates in the bottle, so you need to shake well prior to use. I have the rectangular bottle. It has a flip top cap, and you squirt out what you need. As often happens with full, liquid squirt type bottles, there is a tendency to squirt out too much product at first, wasting some. Annoying.
However, it completely removed the 2-3 coats of waterproof Maybelline's The Falsies mascara I had applied that morning. One side of one cotton circle per eye, and I had my soft, brown lashes back. As well, my waterproof tightline was gone along with my eye shadow and eyebrow pencil.
It does not irritate my skin or my eyes. It does leave what feels like an oily mess on your eye area, but you can wipe or wash it off easily, without leaving a residue.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this, but the rectangular bottle, not the round one like in the picture. It's a good makeup remover that does the job. It's not to irritating for my eyes and my sensitive skin, and there's not makeup left after it. However, I sometimes feels like it's burning my sensitive eye area, but I think it's the kind of pad that I use. I'll try to update if I use another kind (right now I have no-name pads). The rectangular bottle is nice, deliver the correct amount of product after shaking and you can squeeze it. I also like that this don't really leave an oily residue behind.

The only thing I don't like it's that you use this stuff pretty fast, it lasted me about 1 month, which is not a lot for me. I'll repurchase and probably stock-up when on sale, but I don't think it's worth it full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I like this type of remover - oil and water that need to be shaken before use. This is every bit as good as Lancome's Bi-Facil and a lot less expensive. I apply with a dampened cotton round, which I find less irritating to my sensitive skin than using a dry cotton round.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been buying this for 10 years and I love it. I use it to clean my entire face and it works!
Great for removing waterproof mascara. I apply it on a cotton pad then close my eyes and hold for about 15 seconds then rub away gently.
No tugging required. This removes all traces of foundation as well. Its great and lasts a while.
Then I was it off with a foaming cleanser then tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I have been trying out different removers and this is by far the best. It doesn't burn my eyes, cost too much (I buy it on sale) and takes off the makeup. There is a bit of an oily residue but in the middle of a harsh winter I really don't mind it at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by blumoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does an ok job at removing wp mascara. I have to rub and rub to get it off and many times I wake up with smudges around my eyes. It also feels a bit dry around my eyes after using it. Going to search for a better m/u remover after I finish my bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does a great job removing my waterproof mascara. No "leftovers" at all. I use a cotton pad, and hold it against the eyelashes so the mascara can dissolve, haha. Pardon my english!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

well it does a fairly nice job at removing all the eye makeup
some of the tougher mascaras might be left behind a little bit
but if you work at it with the still damp cotton pad then totally works
It is a little bit oily? but i mean its meant to remove waterproof makeup sooo what do you expect right?
but its not to the point where its sooo greasy so yeah its fairly nice
but you end up using this up pretty fast!!
I think one bottle lasted...ABOUT a month? a month and a half?
I don't remember exactly but I remember I was kinda surprised at how quickly I had to buy a new bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by taro8920

This product is amazing, it does the job. This is probably my go to eye-makeup remover, but I would still try others. However if u buy the short round bottle, the product is designed poorly and poors off of cotton balls and pads. i prefer the more rectangular bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I really like this! I have gone through probably 10 bottles already (used it for many years). To finish up one bottle takes me about 1,5 months, but it's individual how much people use. I do get that some people might not like this, but I guess I use this in a slightly different way than other people.
This takes off any of my waterprood makeup - even Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation and Avon's Shock Waterproof Mascara :) I wear a full face of makeup every day, and much of it is waterproof, which means I really need to get all of it off - else I'd ruin my skin. Aside from that this takes off everything, I also love it because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
How I use it: I shake it up, put a little in my palm, take a little over in my other palm and rub it all over my face with my hands. I began cleansing my face like this because I have sensitive skin, which means excessive rubbing is really bad for it - hands are good, but cotton pads feels like sandpaper on my skin. After I have smeared all of my makeup and I see that all of it is dissolved, I wash my face with a cleanser, because the oils would probably have broken my skin out if I just left them on my face. As the last step, I moisturise my skin.
My method of removing makeup is probably the main thing (together with using the right type of moisturiser) that has kept me black-head-free. Would I recommend this? Yes, to people with sensitive skin that use a lot of makeup and are willing to take an extra step to remove this with a soapy cleanser, because I'm not sure about how the skin would react if the oils were just left on it.