August 21, 2014 | 2032 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Phloof! (Hollidazzle)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Alright mature, middle aged ladies, listen up! If used by itself on its own, Phloof is a frosty, wrinkle-accentuating, crepey-eyelid nightmare. BUT, if used appropriately (check out the Wayne Goss video "Makeup for Mature Eyes") it adds a brightening glow to the eyes which is absolutely gorgeous. The formula is phenomenal, pigmented, and the light pinky frost color isn't as harsh as a bright white. Use it all over the lid but don't use it all the way up to the brow bone (hello, tacky), then blend it out with darker crease and outer V colors. Looks amazing with purples and pinks and browns. Again, check out how Wayne uses it in his video. Love, love, love!

Edit: I DO still love Phloof, but I returned it because it was still a bit too frosty for me, no matter how much I blended. Definitely worth a try though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by charstone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just goes to show that us older gals should not use frost eyeshadows. I had hoped to used this on the inner corner but it is just too bright and intense. Best left to the younger crowd as it is a gorgeous colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite shadows from MAC that I use pretty much on the daily!

It's a light frosted color with just a tiny hint of pink; enough to brighten the eye area without making me look sick (anything with too much pink or red makes my eyes look puffy and gross)

It makes an AMAZING inner corner highlight or all across the lid. I can use either brown or grey in my crease and it brings out the personality of the shadow in different ways! With a warmer color in the crease it has a warmer tone and looks cooler with a more grey-toned color in the crease!

This little workhorse is definitely a favorite and it's starting to get quite a dent in it!

I have this in a 4 pallet with: orb, bronze, and satin taupe (all of which I have also reviewed!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by belinduh319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a huge dent in this eyeshadow because I wear it every chance I get. I love it. It's the perfect pearly white with the slightest hint of pink in it. I always wear this all over my lid with a light wash of MAC Copperplate in my crease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pigmented shade which is hard to find with some highlight color. It has a pink reflexion to it. It's very frosty and intense so you don't need to put that much in there. I apply it most of the time as a light wash with a fluffy brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! It gives a nice glow to the eyes and face! This is truly one of my HG items!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Phloof! is a great highlighter and all-over color for me. I'm a MAC 15 skin shade, and I use Phloof! regularly all over my eyes with a simple contour in the crease and dark liner. I like this shade because it's not too golden, pink, or white. It's creamy, with a slight pink sheen, so it looks natural and luminous on my skin. I also like the finish because it's lustrous without being glittery or heavy. I consider this shade a staple out of my dozens of eyeshadows because it's so easy to incorporate into any look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

Very pretty -- I am on my second Phloof! Its high reviews are well-deserved, so I feel I don't have to say much else. Works well as a highlighter or on the inner rims of eyes.

It has a slight pink tone instead of brown tone, so I use this with purple shadows (particularly with MAC Shadowy Lady). Phloof! really pops your eyes out and gives that professional MAC makeup look, even for makeup novices.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by redsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely the favorite of my high-lighter shades. I don't need to put a ton on my brush to make the product appear. Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Phloof! is a heavy-duty highlight shade. If you want a highlight that really shows, this is it. Despite packing such a punch, it is not gritty, or glittery, or prone to fall-out. But stay away if you want something subtle.