October 24, 2014 | 1741 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner - Ice Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hadn't used Artliners in years, but decided to give Ice Black another try during the Sepahoa sale. I'm glad I did. This reads as a slightly shiny, slightly shimmery taupe on me, and I love it for casual looks or when I just don't want a strong line. The effect is that you see in movies from the 30s, especially Bette Davis--understated but beautiful. I also love that I don't have to mess with a brush and a pot, etc., when I'm in a hurry. It applies easily, the applicator makes it easy to draw a thick or thin line (and you can really get right down/into the roots of the lashes), it stays wet for a minute or so, but once it dries, you're good for the day. The price is ridiculous, of course, but it's worth it. I will purchase in another shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by linhgaga

This is not a bad eyeliner at all. The texture is actually quite great. However I don't see how better it is compared to other good drugstore eyeliners e.g. the one I'm using from Bourjois.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The good: I love the texture and how easy it is to apply. This would be a good beginner liquid eye pen. I think it would be good for a teen to use if she was learning about makeup.

The bad: Cost is $29. Color is not as bold as I had hoped. It does not make my blue eyes pop. I was trying to duplicate the look of Julia Roberts on the Lancome Billboard. Her eyes were a radiant silver and this color looks almost brown when applied.

The conclusion: I had to deduct a lippie because the color did not deliver. It lost another lippie because of the value, being very expensive. It's not for me, but it may work for someone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by devo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this eyeliner. The name sounds like it should be an Ugly Doll though, maybe Ice Bat's cousin.
It's not black at all, it's kind of a cool taupe with some shimmer. I love taupe eyeliners and have a very hard time finding one that isn't a warm light brown. I find it wears well under normal conditions, haven't tested it yet in very hot or wet weather. Looks great with my greenish blue eyes. Me: C2, strawberry blonde, green eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cherriesrus

I like liquid liners because of the clean precise line I can create with them. The artliner does a good job with that. But for me, it didn't last long and it smudges easily. I tend to unintentionally touch my eyes sometimes and it rubs on easily. I found a cheaper liquidliner with better staying powers now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Kelleypen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never liked liquid liners, but this one is an exception.. It goes on easy and smoothly, even with my non dominant hand, since my dominant hand is currently in a sling. I love the color--it's just right for day time wear. (And I guess if you mix black with golden ice, it might explain the name.) Not only would I buy this product again, but I have: four times. I love it. It lasts all day too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. I was looking for the perfect daytime eye liner for light eyes and this is it. So many brands only offer black and dark brown. MAC Brassbeat is just a touch too dark and many cheap brands (elf, palladio) the quality of product and stiff brushes are below even my low standards. My only gripe is: Like another reviewer pointed out, the name ice BLACK is inappropriate for a product that is not black.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by tstomlinson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for day wear for several years. It is much easier to apply than bare escentuals and the color is not too dark for work.
I will continue to purchase this item. Other colors work well, too. But this color is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is sex kitten eyes in a tube. With practice, it is very simple to apply. In addition, it does not smear or smudge or wear off. This is a classic. My only complaint: the packaging is a bit boring. But that really is something I can deal with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Kay_Lo

This product is a medium grey-brown that appears to have a goldish shimmer (I know that sounds like a strange color, but it's the best I can do to describe it). I find that it's a wonderful product for those times when you want to look beautiful and polished but not over-the-top dramatic. It goes well with a rosy blush and a natural lip and I find that it does an amazing job of accentuating my hazel eyes (I think it's definitely a color for more fair-skinned people). And it stays reasonably well for a liquid liner. -- A really amazing eyeliner (and actually worth the high price).