September 22, 2014 | 1215 users online

Bronzers - Black Opal - shimmer bronzer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

FABULOUS!!!!! I wear this almost everyday. Gives me a beautiful golden highlight in the summer months. And a bronze/gold shimmer in the winter. This is one of the most versatile products. Adds a subtle, natural, shimmer without being shiney. Will work for LLL, CCC, MMM, GGG, DDD. I'm a DDD (AAB/medium-dark brown with yellow & red undertones).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by masonlau

This is, hands down, the best medium-coverage powder I have ever had. I had the bronze shimmer (reddish brown) in my makeup drawer for quite some time. I tried it on a whim one day and liked it a lot, but the red was too red for my skin (I have yellowish understones). I just ran into the golden-brwon one yesterday and OMIGOD. It is so pretty and smooth and light. The only thing is that it doesn't have the shimmer than the red-brown one had, but I think I got around that by using a touch of the red-brown on my cheeks. I cannot believe the coverage you get with this product without any flakey, cakey-ness. If you follow this with the invisible blocking powder, you can't go wrong. I am seriously considering switchingmy MAC powder (which I really liked a lot)out for this one. I highy recommend it!UPDATE: Well, I can't really explain this, but I have sort of turned away from this powder. I know that sounds horrible after my rave reviews, but here is the problem (I think): This powder looks very pretty at first, but it seems that after a few hours, it just looks, not so good anymore. It sort of turns a slightly different color and appears crayon-like. Also, it COMES OFF TOO EASILY, meaning, if you touch your face, it will be on everything your hands touch afterward. And, related to this, it is very noticeable to me when it is on--kind of heavyish. I have gone back to my MAC and Clinique (depends on my skin each day), but I do think this one is good for a VERY LIGHT swipe of makeup if you are going somewhere for a short amount of time, or if you don't care if it holds up. Too bad, because the color is so, so pretty. My guess is that it just doesn't have the ingredients that allow it too hold up for a long time. But, then, you get what you pay for...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2004 7:30:00 PM More reviews by liz712

I just bought Black Opal Color Fusion bronzer and I love it. I used to use MAC, Estee Lauder, and Shisedo...this gave me the best color. I'm a tan girl year round and it gave me that great looking color with no orange. The other bronzers made me look dark brown and dirty. I didn't even needed blush....it's definetly a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 11:41:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, probably the best bronzer I've tried so far. Multi colored bronze pressed powder with varying shades of bronze and terra cotta all with a sublte shimmer that anybody can pull off, even oily skinned ladies like me. Applies super smooth and gave my cheeks a soft sunkissed color on my brown skin. I hope this wasn't limited edition cause I love it. At only $8.00, its pretty large round container, its a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 3:04:00 AM More reviews by funnygirlblack

WOW!!!!!!!! Finally a reddish brown bronzer with shimmer!I was about to buy MAC's beyound bronze bronzer for 17.00 but I soon stumbled upon this great drugstore gem. This is a gorgeous shimmery reddish brown bronzer that is great for ddd's of all ranges. It blends well and it is not at all greasy and with proper skin care you shouldn't have any problems. A perfect press powder bronzer that is excellent as an every day product. Where I live these start at 6.99. Make sure the one you pick up says shimmer on the compact because they also carry this color and a brown color ones that are matte with no shimmer.