October 21, 2014 | 2013 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Kanebo Liquid Finish

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by mayaglover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this from strawberrynet (only if it on sale :-)), I love it. Easy to blend, feel light on my skin, coverage buildable but it's not waterproof atleast for me. But I will buy this foundation again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Mipmip

It took me ages to know how to use this foundation, everytime I tried it it looked cakey and awful. But if I mix a little little bit into my moisturizer it works like a charm. It looks veeery natural. With VL pressed powder it is soo good, not that expensive either!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by divaluscious101

Have rosacea/dry skin, tried numerous foundations, this is by far the best one. Appears natural, very light, skin feels soft, no breakouts. I have been using this foundation for a couple years now. Expensive but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by clothesathand

IMO this is one of the best foundations out there. I was reading the reviews and thought I should put my two cents in. I always am amazed when I use this.I change foundations all the time, and these are some I have: CDP,Stephane Marais, Shiseido,Armani LSF and MSF and La Prairie. The list goes on and on. Kanebo's cream foundation is great too!I simply can not believe the awful reviews some people have given this.I have normal skin, not oily or dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2006 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Asiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gives a sense of luxury, natural looking smooth skin... and makes skin dry, irritated and full of horiible "imperfections". Damn, I liked it so much at the beginning! Had to give it to my mom. I have oily skin acne prone, dry on a surface. I have an impression, that all the foundations are really made for perfect skin. But who has one?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by sandra84

This is a Silicone based foundation that blends to a soft matte finish ( light to medium coverage). I use this in Neutral Beige, and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. And the foundation is really yellow based, not pink or peach. But, it really broke me out badly, I think maybe it's because the titanium Dioxide in it. If you have normal/dry skin, not prone to breakouts, this is a really good foundation to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 7:04:00 AM More reviews by farah79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought I could love the liquid version of this so much! I was already madly in love with the cream version, but this is great too! It still has great coverage even for liquid and a great shade match for my yellow winter skin: caramel 302. Even my husband asked me what did I do to make my skin look "smoother" -he never notices anything by the way-. It won't cover bad acne, but a normal non-perfect face like mine will look almost flawless with this foundation. I love Kanebo for superb skincare and great foundations!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I sit here with a beet-red face because this product made my whole face itchy, red and swollen. DO NOT BUY!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 10:46:00 AM More reviews by bairn

KI Liquid Finish foundation is formulated for normal to combination skins. The finish is natural, satiny to matte, and the coverage light to medium. It's by no means sheer or feather light, and any attempt at building it up to full coverage will result in caking. So don't expect it to cover inflamed acne well. Its consistency is liquid/runny, just a bit siliconey. I apply a few drops to my skin and blend blend blend. It dries quicker than Cream Finish and I was tempted to use way too much at first. Just like CF, it looks darker in the container than on skin, so try to get a couple of samples. I don't see it working for oilier or some dry-ish skins. SPF 10: octyl methoxycinnamate 1% and titanium dioxide 5%. 1.02 fl.oz./30 ml. Pricey.

What's it really good at? It evens out my skin tone wonderfully and conceals minor imperfections. It does a decent job at gently minimizing dilated pores, as long as they're not accompanied by excessive oiliness. Even then, it wears off quite gracefully. It works fine on its own or under loose powder, looks natural in daylight as well as at night - if used in moderation and blended well! I haven't experienced tugging or irritation with this one. It doesn't really keep oiliness in check for long, but that's just fine, it's not supposed to anyway.

Two major drawbacks. First, this foundation made my skin a bit flaky this winter. It's incredible for the summer, though. Second, its pretty frosted glass bottle is clumsy and unsanitary. How about a pump dispenser for people who don't use a brush with their foundation? The color selection is rather limited. Admittedly lovely pales, yet in need of more pinkish and darker shades. A shade number consists of three digits. The first one indicates the relation between pink (1 <) and yellow tones and the third one indicates the degree of darkness (1 lightest <). A PPP here, 101 Cream Finish in the winter, 102 Liquid Finish in the summer. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2004 5:53:00 AM More reviews by BelleBrune

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this today, and I know it's a bit early to review it, but hey - this foundation is AMAZING!!! I was never curious to try it because it looked so watery in the tester bottles. I didn't think it would provide the coverage I need. Well, my Total Finish powder felt a bit heavy for summer, so I read the reviews here and decided to give it a go. This is HG material. It covers everything I need to cover yet looks totally natural. It's matte but my face looks alive, not flat. I bought Soft Beige, which is usually the color I would wear for winter, but with the Kanebo bronzer on top I can still get away with it. I don't usually tan very much anyway, but if I do later on, I will definitely buy the next shade as well. I can't believe how good my skin looks! And this was a really bad skin day for me this morning... I'll keep you updated should I change my point of view on this, but for now - WOW!!!