Dior Rouge Brilliant

4.5

on 10/19/2006 5:49:00 AM

Do they still sell this? I received mine as GWP a couple of years ago and hardly used it. Have just used it again today and rediscovered how incredibly smooth and silky the texture is! Not one bit sticky and it's fairly moisturising. It's not a shiney gloss - I have Rose Fantasy and it's a nice natural metallic rose which smooths the lips' surface and plumps them up. The packaging is just so-so considering it is a GWP product, but I'm sure as with all CD products that the original packaging is gorgeous - albeit costly! Will repurchase if not discontinued.

on 7/27/2005 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in sparkling coral (337) and I do like it. It's a lip gloss, but not too thick. Expensive, but it seems to last a long time. You don't need to apply much. I ordinarily wouldn't spend a lot on a gloss, but for some reason splurged on this. Maybe I got it on ebay - I must have!

I know lipglosses aren't hard to come by in terms of color, especially since you can mix them easily, but Rouge Brilliant has to be the all time best. I am a self professed Dior addict, and a self professed lipgloss fiend. I have maybe 10 lipsticks as opposed to 100 lipglosses. Out of my big lot, this one wins!

Are you ready to hear why? For the $23 dollars or so, the tube is a pretty nice size. Most drugstore lipglosses are $6- $8 for half the size. So for $12-$16 you'd be getting two drugstore lipglosses versus one Dior Rouge Brilliant. That's a $10 gap, though! What makes Rouge Brilliant so great?

The quality is amazing. The wand applicator has a wedge tip that's great for perfect application. It's very soft, and the lipgloss is very creamy, smooth, soft, and thick (but not sticky or tacky)- so a little bit goes a long way. So maybe you're getting four times worth drugstore lipglosses, yes? What else makes this gloss surpass the others? The staying power. I put on Rouge Brilliant and voila- it's there to stay. I like to match mine with a lipstick as well and it emphasizes it amazingly.

I would place the value of this lipgloss in the $50 range. It's clearly worth it. Paying just a bit over $20 is a major bargain for such great quality! continued >>

on 3/24/2003 1:17:00 PM

I use this product on top of my chanel infrarouge lipstick- the tornado. Both of these products have peachy base color. So, it looks really nice when I combine them together. In addition, dior rouge brilliant gloss is not sticky and it lasts longer too. I prefer this product over Chanel lip gloss.

on 12/29/2002 11:30:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This is definitely a great lipgloss. The consistency of it is just right; not too thin, not too thick. It goes on very smoothly and adds a gorgeous sheen and color to your lips. As it IS a lipgloss, it doesn't have amazing staying power... it did stay on longer than many other lipglosses I've tried, though. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lipsticks is because I don't really care for the heavily perfumed smell.

on 8/14/2001 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really loved this lipgloss! It is a fav. of the stars! It is quite strongly scented which may not be to everyones taste. Like most lipglosses it doesnt have good staying power. However it is not at all sticking and gunky..it comes out smooth and very beautiful. Although its gold trimming gives a very high class touch to the packaging the colour you get is more urban.. more natural. Think Jlo. and youve got it! All in all I would recommend it but smell (lol) before you buy!

Susiej