November 24, 2014 | 2018 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Rouge Sensation - Crushed Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by julma

I love this lipstick! It looks so lovely on my NC20(ish) skin (I wear Mont Blanc in NARS). Definitely reminds me of a dark rose color and it's not at all orangey. I'll lightly dab it for a day look or do a darker lip for a night out. This lipstick kind of needs a liner though, so you should probably get one of those to guide your application. I also find that it has a really really slight sheen to it (not completely matte).

The only issues I have with this product are the smell/taste and the packaging. Initially the smell/taste was really off-putting but I found that after a week or so it faded. Still, not sure I would wear this to a restaurant...I also found that the round packaging made this product roll off my vanity (then again, my vanity is angled because my bedroom is at a slant). The higher price might also be a downer for some people (apparently not for me).

Anyways, overall I would buy this again for its durability, lovely, versatile color and moisturizing capacities. It's the perfect lipstick for the office, a lowkey evening or a date.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

Really nice lipstick. Nice, subdued rose color, not too loud, very sophisticated. Great for a polished look. Moisturizing, fairly long-lasting. Would definitely change the scent, but that's just me. UPDATE: I had to drop a lippie for the scent, it's just so overpowering!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by StrawberiiKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is gorgeous :) It's a deep berry and it look fab when worn in winter. But I wouldn't buy it again because it's too expensive for me and I can find dupes in drugstores.

~Strawberii

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by iheartsu

This is a plum burgundy colored lipstick with no shimmer in it, which is why I bought it, because I like matt lipsticks more. It glides on your lips smoothly and is easy to apply. It doesn't wear off throughout the day and doesn't dry out either, which is a plus. The smell is gross but not noticable. The packaging is handy, but the lipstick itself is a little on the expensive side, here in Germany at least (where they sell everything 3x more expensive than in the US. ]= sucks!). All in all thi lipstick is good, for both, day and night. I wouldn't repurchase it though, because it's not a color I wear that often.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Hypnogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely colour, easy to apply and non drying.

After a morning of drinking lots of tea and coffee it was immaculate.
I was especially impressed by its wear after lunch it had faded into an even pink lip stain effect. No bleeding, sinking into fine lines or fading completely in the centre.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 7:41:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful medium deep rose. Looks great alone and is very hydrating. Glides on like silk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2004 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lipstick of the moment. This is the most beauitful YLBB shade that I have found in a long time. It's the most beauitiful shade of pink and it definately give me a more finished look. I discovered this lipstick one day when I was waiting for the Lancome associate to come back from her lunch break. I experimented w/ many of the colors and i was so shocked that I have found one that is for right now, MLBB HG shade. I'm an NC30 and this shade is truly divine....highly recommended to all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2004 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jenofmydreams

This lipstick--along with Clinique's "Just Gorgeous"--are the ones I always reach for when I have a job interview or need something with impact that isn't overly bright. The formulation for "Crushed Rose/Bordeaux" is creamy, and while I'm usually the first person to become annoyed at a lipstick fragrance, this one is suble enough that it doesn't bother me.

The color could be described as a medium intensity pink-rose-brown on the cool side. The coverage is opaque with no shimmer/pearl whatsoever, but it does have a soft shine to it. It certainly is not "Cherries in the Snow" bright, but definitely there.

I have light brown hair with slight red undertones, cool, porcelain skin and blue-gray eyes, and it it is very flattering on me. Pricey at $20 or so, but worth it, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2004 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Rosieeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Lancome lipstick for about 10 years, it is definately the best! Stays on pretty well, great colour choices, great for keeping the lips moist in cold weather. Would
highly recommend the absolue creme in any variety of colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2004 2:40:00 PM More reviews by pollack1234

My staple color for years. Not too heavy, moisturizes nicely. Light, pleasant fragrance. I'm a brunette with light skin and this is a pretty color.