July 25, 2014 | 1917 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Constantinople

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is the only cream blush ( from any brand) that I have kept and used on a regular basis. I find most cream blushes to be difficult to use (especially Bobbi brown pot rouges) . In general I like NARS cream blushes much better and have enjoyed many but Constantinople really stands out as my all time favorite. (Well, I should mention that I LOVED Turkish red and stupidly lost it years ago and then they discontinue it!! So sad!!!! I hope they bring it back soon)

In the pan this is a deep rose pink. On my cheeks (which I apply and blend with my fingers) it's a more red rose color, ever so slightly dusty. It does not pull orange on me at all which I guess is surprising because I have yellow undertones and other reviewers said it pulled majorly orange on them. It truly does not on me. I love how this blush looks on me. It wore it all winter as my rosey- cheeked Snow White red in from the cold look. Love it with NARS Amsterdam matte lipstick and semi matte transiberian. It also looks great with dolce vita. I'm sure it would look good with many lip colors in the warm-toned pink and red range.

This blush is easy to do sheer or more built up. It also works on the lips with a little gloss though I only do that occasionally though It's a very natural and beautiful look.

All in all a great blush that I will hang on to and use up pretty quickly. It's a must-have for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Constantinople is a very pretty deep, neutral rose. But because of my yellow undertones, this color morphs into a coppery bronze/terracotta shade (This is my polite way of saying orange). I own so many similar shades, so it was a bit of a disappointment that the color didn't stay true. On my cheeks, its pretty similar to MAC Gingerly Blush or even Becca Peach Beach Tint. Nars Lovejoy is also a deep rose shade, but it's much more of a true rose on my cheeks, whereas I don't get rose at all from Constantinople.

So, if you typically have a problem with colors going orange on you (this happens with a huge percentage of my blushes - just about any pink turns into a coral-pink on my cheeks) than, it will most likely happen with this blush. If you have a cool skin tone, I can see this blush showing up truer to pan.

Now that I got that out of the way, the actual performance of this blush is fantastic. It's super creamy and super pigmented - I found it to be creamier than Lokoum (the only other Nars Cream Blush I own). Because it's pigmented and creamy, it can pick up a lot of product, even with a duo-fiber brush. So, I typically like to dab my middle and ring finger on the surface and dab it on my cheeks, and then use a duo-fiber brush to blend.

I'm still a bit disappointing with the color - I would've passed on this blush had I tried it on my cheeks first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a cool fair complexion and this is my hg blush. My natural blush is quite red so this matches it perfectly. I can't get on with orgasm as it's all wrong for my skin tone but this is perfect. It's what blush used to be before everything went nude and washed me out. The application is easy with fingers and it blends in well to a natural appearance. I love the texture and workability of it, it's perfect. It does look very dark in the compact but blends out naturally.

Highly recommended for cool toned women, especially if you like the fairytale look of pale skin and flushed cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Constantinople cream blush is a matte cream blush that looks pretty scary on the pan, well, it's maroon red I say.
I really like this blush because it is very very pigmented, and this blush shows up on me as a sheer maroon peachy color that looks oh so natural on my skin (for reference, m nc42 south east asian). I love to use it alone or under my bronzer/highlighter for an added 'oomph'. Compared to stila convertible colors, Nars is much more long wearing on my oily skin, added lippies on this point. Also I love the fact that I can use it as a lipcolor, it shows up as a natural soft maroon color on my pigmented (dark) lips. love it!

I took out one lippie off because application can be tricky for this color, since it is very pigmented, so I just very lightly dip the tip of my e.l.f foundation brush onto the pan then blend it onto my cheek. Sometimes when in a hurry I put on too much and looks like someone just slap my face really hard :). of course this can be fix easily by applying powder afterwards to tone down the color
Anyway, yes, will buy this color again for sure

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by littlemiss009

I like the colour of this blush - it can be a little dry though so best applied over foundation before it sets to allow it to glide on to the skin. I still think I prefer the lancome magiblush in prune as this one is a mousse and the colour is quite similar. The packaging for the nars is definitely a plus over the lancome though. Overall a good product and would be happy to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 6:55:00 AM More reviews by adorebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most beautiful dusty rose colour on my skin, I first put this on my lips and voila I had before me a beautiful lip that appeared as if I was naturally gifted with lips this color and then realizing it was a cheek tint and experienced deep feelings of love that you have when you find a product that transforms your face, feels light as a feather on your skin and is heavily pigmented so dab on slowly and sparingly, I'm hoping this will make it last some time, yes I agree it is expensive but I'd rather have one excellent product that 3 mediocre ones, what a name for a blush but then again what a product, love it, I usually use Bobbi brown cheek and lip tint in truffle which is excellent but I will be alternating with this and making sure to moisturize well as it is a transform into a dry powder, magic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 1:42:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

I got a cp of this from a lovely swapper and chose it based on swatches and reviews. I have fair olive skin so I was worried it would show orange on me like many reddish shades do. In the pan it's a brick rose (which may be a color that only exists in my mind, I'm aware). Thankfully on my skin it doesn't pull orange like it does on my hand although my body is darker/more olive than my face. I get a Snow White kind of look with this as I have very dark hair and eyes and very fair skin comparatively. It's definately an "in from the cold" kind of shade but unique because there are zero berry tones that I usually would use to get this look. Overall I really like it. The only thing I dislike is that the formula is very dry. Much drier than my penny lane or guele de nuit which is also dryish, so ladies with dry skin try before you buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

Gorgeous color in the pan, but shows up a bit *orange* (NOT peach), on my light/medium, green undertoned skin. It doesn't look particularly pink or red on me. I wish I got the rosy flush others describe, but if you have green in your skin, this might not work for you. It might work if I had a tan, but I gave up sun years ago. I can still wear it, but it comes awfully close to just looking too orange to be really flattering. Otherwise, it's a great product. Blends beautifully, lasts, and stays true (orange :)) For reference: fair/medium w/green undertones, dark brown hair, v. dark brown eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lutskis1

Pretty color; a bit too cool for my medium, warm toned olive skin. I didn't feel like it had enough pigment either; by the middle of the day I didn't see much color and the rest of my makeup (powder and bronzer) looked a bit streaky on the cheeks. Not sure if this is because I have combination skin or what, but I didn't love this and it's going back to Sephora. I think I'll stick with powder blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie22

I wanted a nice natural rose/red blush for the winter, and this is perfect! I also love the cream base because it looks so natural. Shows up as a rosy red flush on my NC30 skin, and it last for about 5-6 hours too. I love wearing moisturizer under this, it gives off a glow. This will probably last me years, so I only need one!