September 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Color

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BRitt33139

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Chanel Nail polish for 30 years! The colors are always unique and, even when they look crazy in the bottle, they're great in real life. Never tacky. I bought Rouge Coromandel and Pirate several times and I miss Cobra: I wish they'd put it in production again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by HeatherRV

This product is way to expensive!
Costs about 30 dollars a bottle! What a rip off. It is deffinatly not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used Chanel nail polishes in the 90s and loved them. I recently went back to them, and I've been really disappointed. Don't know whether they have changed their formula or whether I've just chosen bad colours. Or perhaps I'm now spoiled having recently discovered Butter London. The latest Chanel I bought is 521 Rose Cache. It is a dirty colour on me. It looks as though I haven't washed my hands in ages. It goes on very streaky and the streaks remain after three or four coats. It isn't shiny once dry, and in fact looks and feels quite gritty. The brush is terrible: too thin and with too much give, making it hard to control. It also loads poorly with either too much or not enough polish. Although the colour might look better on someone with darker or lighter skin, where there would be more contrast, I definitely wouldn't recommend it because of the streaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by minocchio

I love this polish, it has great coverage eve with the lighter colours, like 599 Frenzy and even with one coat it's very opaque. The durability is also superb, and I also love the colour range. Defs worth the money and I'd go back for more anytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by kokosboll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just got my first Chanel nail varnish (Rebel Blue, at the duty free in San Francisco airport...) and I'm just absolutely in awe of its lasting power. I don't know what it is with my nails, but NO nail polish ever (tried Essie, Opi, Lancome, Mavala, H&M etc) sits on my nails for more than 48 hours without severe chipping. This does, though. I've had it on for about 5 days now, and only did a litte touching up at the tips yesterday. Love it. Also, the colour is a lovely, very denim-y soft blue. Too bad it's super expensive, beacuse most of the colours i saw in the shop were gorgeous and now I want them all....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Chanel Nail Polishes as a whole. I've worn Chanel Polish for many years now, and have quite a large collection. In fact, the only polish I use is either Chanel or YSL. Chanel's colors are unrivaled, and stand out from the cheaper brands with their amazing and often unique colors. Sure, knockoffs abound. But the formula, rich deep colors, and quality of the polish is unrivaled.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by adh1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my very first time buying a Chanel product, and it surely wont be the last! For years, Id been hearing about how wonderful their nail polish was, and I thought I would try it for myself. I purchased Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 455-Lotus Rouge, which is a beautiful, rich, deep red. The formula glided across my nails smoothly and evenly with no streaking. The color looked so good that I only used one coat because there was no need for second unlike some of the drugstore brands. I absolutely love red polish and Lotus Rouge is my new favorite!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, it smells nail-polishy, but for those of us, like me, who haven't been able to wear nail polish, this product is a winner. I purchased the limited edition color Skyline, a blue gray metallic. It goes on evenly and dries super fast. I also purchased the base and gloss products as well. I was amazed how easily this product applied. I definitely recommend Chanel polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mvollmar99

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Chanel polish Tentation. This is one of the few Chanel polishes that shows shimmer in the bottle and on the nail. It is a blue-tone red on me. I am planning to wear this around the Christmas holidays as my red. Love the color. It looks good if you have fair/medium skin with yellow undertones, which is my skin tone. I would recommend this polish for summer and holidays. It hold up well with some tip wear on the 6th day. I use my hands a lot at work so I was surprised it wore so well. It is also fast drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by girlen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

(Black) Its is really easy to use, not sticky, and you get a nice and even surface. It lasts over a week (base coat, 2 coats chanel, top coat). I think its a little expensive, you can find much cheaper brands with the same/almost the same quality, but it feels really luxurious and if you want to spend a little extra, this is definitively worth it. x