August 27, 2014 | 1792 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Snowcake

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

What I would give for Lush to make this a permanent item! I personally feel like Lush's cream based soaps clean and lather better than the transparent ones. As a Christmas scent, this smells seasonal without feeling like Santa Claus punched you in the sinuses with cinnamon and peppermint and egg nog. It's a creamy slightly spicy slightly floral scent that's pretty delicate. Snowcake is probably the best lathering Lush soap I've used (and I've used pretty much all of them...I have a problem) and it was super moisturizing! When Christmas comes again I'm buying bricks of this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this soap during the after x-mas buy one get one sale. After reading such rave reviews I was pretty excited but when it finally arrived and I smelled it I felt a little let down. I just didn't feel that wowed by the smell. After using off and on for a week or so the smell has grown on me and I do like it more. It's a very rich, creamy soap that lathers very well and doesn't dry my skin. After washing it just kind of has that unscented dove smell and doesn't linger. I would recommend this soap to someone who may be sensitive to strong scents but still wants to enjoy something from lush.
It is a very pretty soap (all of the pretty gold topping washes away as soon as the water hits it though).
I can see why people like this soap but I like others more.

UPDATE: something about this soap continues to grow on me...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

There is really nothing else to say about the Christmas limited-edition Snowcake Soap except that it is FLAWLESS!
The beautiful marzipan almond and vanilla smell to this soap is literally addicting, I cannot get enough of it. When I used this a couple Christmases ago, my grandmother literally asked me after my shower where she could find whatever product I was using, she couldn't believe how good I smelled. So yes, the smell lingers on your skin for the whole day, which I personally enjoy. This soap is pretty cool too as the top of it is gold with fine gold glitter, which just makes it even more festive looking.
I really wish LUSH made this soap a permanent product because I would actually buy it all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the scent so, so much, but I'm not overly keen on the soap itself. I find it quite drying and the scent doesn't seem to linger on my skin after showering.
Like all lush soap a bar lasts ages and the packaging is nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: It turns out that this soap, when packaged in the plastic that LUSH ships/processes it in, absorbs the smell of the plastic package. That being said, after a few washes the scent is a (mostly) plastic free creamy cinnamon powdery scent. It's pretty, but it's not a fav. I do still really like how moisturizing it is.

Maybe I got a bad batch. This smells like plastic dolls and Playdough rolled in sugar. I know it's not just my nose because my husband noticed it too. I usually LOVE marzipan and this isn't it.
If it wasn't for the nauseating smell, this would be lovely. The formulations is incredibly creamy and is perfect for shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by hellomaddiee

I'm just going to start this out with that I love LUSH. From the store, to the website, to the ingredients, to the packaging, and to my little stash I allow myself sometimes. (Considering I'm on a budget.. But aren't we all?)

OK. Anyways. When LUSH's Christmas products came out, I was more than excited. However, It's kind of a tradition for me to wait until Christmas to receive my LUSH Christmas items. But, I just couldn't wait on this one. So, before I knew it, a little box of LUSH goodies was on it's way to my doorstep-- including this product. AND THANK GOD I DISCOVERED IT WHEN I DID.

I'd never smelled it before, but when I did, I instantaneously fell in love. This smell filled the whole box. I didn't want to use it as soon as I got it, so I just waited until the next night where I'd pair it with a bubble bar for a nice soak.

I didn't take it out of it's packaging until I was ready to use it, so it would stay fresh. When I unwrapped it, I was very pleasantly surprised! It had little cute gold detailing on the top that truly made it a Christmas product. And, as if to add to the effect, it felt so moisturizing that it almost slipped out of my hands. So I checked just to make sure it was a soap, and not a giant bath melt. And indeed it was a soap. A thick, creamy soap.

So I cut a little slice off like I do with all of my LUSH soaps, and laid it on the side of my tub. I ran some water and crumbled my bubble bar, (Sunnyside, by the way. Maybe odd for winter, but a favorite none the less). While the water was running, I got out a book and just enjoyed everything for awhile, then, it was time (You'd think it'd be more the just a soap by my choice of words!). So I wet the soap and, well, for the lack of a better word, rubbed it on myself. Now, I am the only one in my house who uses my stash, so no judging here. And, I also don't think you get the true benefits of LUSH soaps from a loofah or rag.

Back to business. As soon as I started to massage this soap into my skin, I immediately noticed how moisturizing this soap was! It just didn't feel like I was rubbing soap into my body. More like a body conditioner, or lotion. That you wash off. However, it was a very noticeable difference compared to my other most-reached-for soaps (Rock Star, Honey I Washed the Kids, The Godmother, all the sweet scents.) They all did fine-- but Snowcake was different. I rinsed it off and dried off, and put on my clothes, and I noticed something smelled really good. LIke, really good. After struggling for at least two minutes, I realized it was me! I was actually smelling the scent on my skin! So then, of course I reached to feel my skin, which felt extremely moisturized, considering I'd just realized I had forgot to apply my night cream. I smelled my arm, and it smelled just like almonds and marzipan. So I knew it was this soap. I noticed the smell until I fell asleep that night. Which was nice, I fell asleep with a beautiful aroma around me. But when I woke up, it was gone. However I won't complain, because of how strong the scent was before. But, I did notice that my skin still felt nice and moisturized, and I still hadn't moisturized. Not good for the heart of winter. So now, It's a few days later, and I just got out of the tub, where I used this soap. And now I'm sitting here writing an incredibly detailed review while being wrapped in the beautiful aroma that I was cleansed with (I tried to make it sound fancy. No judging!).

So, in the end, this is still a rave review of a soap. But, I highly recommend this. I will no doubt be stocking up on this. However, it does get four lippies on price, because it's LUSH. But, I think it's extremely worth it.

So, go to LUSH and buy this RIGHT away!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this so much, lovely scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Smells of almonds and marzipan. Not really my thing. And the smell doesn't last long either. Hard to lather but seems to moisturize pretty good

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this yummy little soap! The scent is mouthwatering. A perfectly sweet, confection-y almond vanilla and ultra moisturizing. Snow white with a cute gold dusting. The day that they stop bringing this around at holiday time is the day my little heart sinks. I would be thrilled if this became a year-long seller!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my favorite soap. Too bad it only comes out at xmas. The scent is AMAZING. Since they discontinued smitten hand cream I found this has the same scent! Anyways the soap doesn't lather well but that's fine. It is very moisturizing and I will always repurchace.