Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl 4 Oleate, Silicone Polyether Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Matricaria Flower Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Lactate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Polysilicone 11, Polymethylmethacrylate, Dimethicone, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, PEG 8 Propylene Glycol Cocoate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Ethylene Brassylate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/28/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just switched to this foundation and I love it! I was looking for something that would help my rough, dry, bumpy skin. I break out and don't know if it's allergies or acne ): but this foundation "calms" my skin. It's made my skin look smoother and brighter. The coverage is light to medium, but I can live with that.

on 5/9/2015 11:36:00 PM

I hate this. Terrible coverage and feels gross.

on 4/29/2015 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I think this foundation has potential to be fantastic. However, I have had problems in the past with Neutrogena and Covergirl foundations being too pink on my cool toned fair skin. If you are able to find a shade that matches, I think this foundation would work great for you!

on 3/26/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this several years back and didn't like it (I think because I hadn't learned yet how to apply makeup well/use the products with it that made it work), but now it's my everyday foundation. The lightest shade matches my skin the closest of almost any foundation I've tried and I have tried a lot! even higher end ones. I am very, very fair skinned and thankfully this does not look orange in natural light. I start off by using a facial oil and lotion underneath since the acid in this makes my skin flaky (*but combats pimples, so it balances out), apply the product, then finish with a good dose of NYX Matte Finishing Spray to make it hold. Throughout the day my skin does get oily, but I blot the worst spots instead of powdering my face to death. I'd rather have a little glow rather than be completely shine-free. The finish looks pretty natural, a little dewy, and only cakes a little around my chin/mouth by the end of my workday due to it drying out a bit. Overall, it's a good drugstore foundation that's comfortable to wear daily and does not make me look overdone and/or pasty.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation! It isn't completely matte or completely dewey, but a little more on the dewey side during application which moisturizers my face. It's easy to blend and very buildable. It is very long lasting- though it does give off a slightly orange tint about 9 hours later.
The packaging isn't the best, I prefer a squeeze tube foundation just because it's cleaner and not as sloppy/messy. I love wearing this foundation because it gives me a natural yet smooth looking skin, PLUS it contains salicylic acid which helps your skin. I would definitely recommend it, I love it so far!! :)

on 2/17/2015 4:37:00 PM

I used this foundation for a while and find that it has many shades that match my skin. Its great mostly, but I find that it doesn't last very long and is streaky. Also by the end of the day it gets kind of clumpy and orange looking...which isn't cute. If you don't wear makeup for long amounts of time/ have a lot of time to touch up during the day, will work for you

I have very acne prone skin that is sometimes oily and sometimes dry. I have been using this product for about a yeae

on 11/11/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been my HG foundation for many years now. It has a wide range ofncolors and does a good job at hiding imperfections as well as fighting acne causing bacteria. I can honestly say this product has helped clear my skin while not causijg excessive oil build up throughout the day. Great product, a little pricey for a drugstore foundation but still beats the price of an expensive designer brand. Def try this one out.

on 10/8/2014 4:13:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation. I use it especially when I am breaking out, pairing it with the Skin Clearing Concealer.

The first time I purchased this product, I picked up the wrong shade (70 Fresh Beige). I have yellow undertones and the shade I chose was a lot more pink toned. I liked the foundation, but I did not wear it much because of how orange the shade looked on me, because of the undertones. So, after a while I picked up a different shade, which seemed to be more yellow toned (60 Natural Beige).

Now that I had the right shade for my skin tone, I began to use the foundation a lot more. I would alternate between this one and my L'oreal True Match. I have been using this foundation, in the right shade, for at least four months now. This has allowed me to form an opinion on it.

What I DO like about it:

-Its coverage.
It has a nice medium, buildable coverage. However, if you use just a little bit and you blend it with a Beauty Blender, you could achieve a very light weight, more sheer finish if that's what you wanted. If you want heavier coverage, use a brush or your fingers.

-The fact that it has salycilic acid in it.
It comforts me to know that this foundation has salycilic acid in it because when I am breaking out, I hate to cover the breakouts with makeup because I feel like I am not letting it heal and possibly making the situation worse. However, when I use this foundation, I feel a lot better knowing that the breakout is being treated instead of worsened. In addition, I do feel like my breakouts clear up a lot faster when I use this foundation and the Skin Clearing concealer.

-The finish.
This foundation has a satin, natural finish. It is not completely matte, but it is not dewy by any means.

-It is oil free.
This helps with the breakouts and to keep my pores from clogging, and it does not make my combination skin any oilier.

-Lasting Power
If you set this foundation with a good powder and you wear a primer, this foundation can last on your face for a good amount of time. I have worn this for about 8 hours before, and it has held up pretty well.

What I DON'T like about it:

-Scent
I detect an odd scent when I apply this foundation. I don't know how to describe it. It is not a chemical scent though... and it is not TOO overpowering.

-Oxidizing
Even with the right shade I have noticed that this foundation does tend to oxidize a little bit orange. I am not sure if it does this with every shade, but it has done it with the two shades I have tried. With the first shade, it was really noticeable because of my undertones being yellow and that shade being pinky. Nevertheless, with the second shade it is not as bad.

-Packaging
I like the square crystal bottle, but it does not have a pump and getting the foundation out can sometimes be a hassle.

-Price
This foundation is a little bit on the pricier side for a drugstore foundation, ranging between $10 and $13 dollars. Although, that is not so bad compared with the price of high end foundations.

OVERALL, I like this foundation a lot and prefer it over other foundations when I am breaking out. I will continue to re-purchase and will recommend it to other people who could benefit from it. If you are prone to getting breakouts, or you are looking for a nice oil-free foundation, and you are NOT allergic to salylic acid, you should give this a try.

on 7/16/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow---I am impressed! I used this way back in high school when I had no idea what I was doing, and expected it to clear up my skin on its own (sigh) . It's been years since I've used it, but lately my skin has been horribly broken out (well it never actually cleared!) from wearing revlon ColorStay every day (8 hours) to work. While I love the coverage of colorstay, and it had never broken me out before, wearing it allllll day caused whiteheads every day! Ugh! So I wanted something more lightweight that wouldn't CAUSE breakouts. I tried this today and wow. It's medium coverage but buildable. And it lasts surprisingly well! At 6 hours it started getting oily and I needed a touch up, but that's fine with me. I dreaded removing my colorstay but removing this was a breeze. And the best part! No new breakouts!!! Of course it didn't clear my skin, but that's not what I expected it to do. It's lightweight, natural looking and feeling, with good coverage and causes no breakouts. Yes!!! So happy I gave it another shot!