October 22, 2014 | 1387 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Meemers94

I really enjoy this foundation. I use it especially when I am breaking out, pairing it with the Skin Clearing Concealer.

The first time I purchased this product, I picked up the wrong shade (70 Fresh Beige). I have yellow undertones and the shade I chose was a lot more pink toned. I liked the foundation, but I did not wear it much because of how orange the shade looked on me, because of the undertones. So, after a while I picked up a different shade, which seemed to be more yellow toned (60 Natural Beige).

Now that I had the right shade for my skin tone, I began to use the foundation a lot more. I would alternate between this one and my L'oreal True Match. I have been using this foundation, in the right shade, for at least four months now. This has allowed me to form an opinion on it.

What I DO like about it:

-Its coverage.
It has a nice medium, buildable coverage. However, if you use just a little bit and you blend it with a Beauty Blender, you could achieve a very light weight, more sheer finish if that's what you wanted. If you want heavier coverage, use a brush or your fingers.

-The fact that it has salycilic acid in it.
It comforts me to know that this foundation has salycilic acid in it because when I am breaking out, I hate to cover the breakouts with makeup because I feel like I am not letting it heal and possibly making the situation worse. However, when I use this foundation, I feel a lot better knowing that the breakout is being treated instead of worsened. In addition, I do feel like my breakouts clear up a lot faster when I use this foundation and the Skin Clearing concealer.

-The finish.
This foundation has a satin, natural finish. It is not completely matte, but it is not dewy by any means.

-It is oil free.
This helps with the breakouts and to keep my pores from clogging, and it does not make my combination skin any oilier.

-Lasting Power
If you set this foundation with a good powder and you wear a primer, this foundation can last on your face for a good amount of time. I have worn this for about 8 hours before, and it has held up pretty well.

What I DON'T like about it:

-Scent
I detect an odd scent when I apply this foundation. I don't know how to describe it. It is not a chemical scent though... and it is not TOO overpowering.

-Oxidizing
Even with the right shade I have noticed that this foundation does tend to oxidize a little bit orange. I am not sure if it does this with every shade, but it has done it with the two shades I have tried. With the first shade, it was really noticeable because of my undertones being yellow and that shade being pinky. Nevertheless, with the second shade it is not as bad.

-Packaging
I like the square crystal bottle, but it does not have a pump and getting the foundation out can sometimes be a hassle.

-Price
This foundation is a little bit on the pricier side for a drugstore foundation, ranging between $10 and $13 dollars. Although, that is not so bad compared with the price of high end foundations.

OVERALL, I like this foundation a lot and prefer it over other foundations when I am breaking out. I will continue to re-purchase and will recommend it to other people who could benefit from it. If you are prone to getting breakouts, or you are looking for a nice oil-free foundation, and you are NOT allergic to salylic acid, you should give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by emnems22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow---I am impressed! I used this way back in high school when I had no idea what I was doing, and expected it to clear up my skin on its own (sigh) . It's been years since I've used it, but lately my skin has been horribly broken out (well it never actually cleared!) from wearing revlon ColorStay every day (8 hours) to work. While I love the coverage of colorstay, and it had never broken me out before, wearing it allllll day caused whiteheads every day! Ugh! So I wanted something more lightweight that wouldn't CAUSE breakouts. I tried this today and wow. It's medium coverage but buildable. And it lasts surprisingly well! At 6 hours it started getting oily and I needed a touch up, but that's fine with me. I dreaded removing my colorstay but removing this was a breeze. And the best part! No new breakouts!!! Of course it didn't clear my skin, but that's not what I expected it to do. It's lightweight, natural looking and feeling, with good coverage and causes no breakouts. Yes!!! So happy I gave it another shot!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

ok first off this stuff is pretty expensive for such a small bottle. I really don't use the foundation often because It doesn't cover well and its too runny to me and I dont really care much for the shade. Im not to sure if it really helps your acne or not because I dont use it often.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by xoxojanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have to say i love this stuff!!! ive been using this product for about 3 years, ive bought countless bottles and keep going back to it for obvious reasons! it goes on smooth its full coverage. i wear for +6 hrs and stays on. i do get slightly oily when wearing but thats okay a little tissue and powder could fix that without a prob. ;) i find it works even better with a primer. with primer i could wear this for about 10 hrs and only get a tad oily. alone it still stands up pretty well. ive worn for over 12 hrs and it was still holding up by itself.... and i didnt set with a powder. i do get a few white heads around my mouth and chin when i wear too long. but thats totally my fault and choice for clogging my pores with this stuff. but if youre gonna wear this for say.. 3-4 hrs and wash off immediately you should totally be fine. no new acne should appear. i like this product very much. the only real con is the packaging. if it had a pump it would be perff! i hope i didnt discourage anyone. i really love this product. everyone should try it out and judge for them selves! hope i helped. best makeup wishes!!!!
-janel

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by chua923

This used to be my go-to foundation, until I decided to actually invest in some pricier ones (Hourglass, Estee Lauder). However, I can say that I really liked this foundation! It goes on really well, and it actually matched my skin tone. I used BareMinerals powder and Urban Decay's All-Nighter setting spray with it. I think it helped my acne as well.

Unfortunately, if you have a really oily T-zone like me, this foundation won't do much for you. When I used Hourglass (even though the consistency isn't as great as Neutrogena, surprisingly), I could definitely tell that it kept my oil in control longer, and I didn't have to blot as much.

Overall, I would purchase this product again because it's good for a day when I am just staying at home and want to look nice, but don't want to use my expensive foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by takeit2damax321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was "meh" for me. Medium coverage, but buildable. It didn't break me out, but by the end of the day, I'd end up looking like a greaseball. At least for me with my oily skin type, I would not recommend this if you don't want to have to blot and set your face every few hours. Also, it's rather pricey for a drugstore foundation; I bought mine for about $15 at CVS. If you're look for a good matte finish with good oil control, I'd recommend Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combo skin, which is around $12 at the regular drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the ivory one and it covered my blemishes, zits and scars completely :) not to mention I don't break out as much anymore now <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lipstiklover

I had tried this in the past about a year ago but threw it away after a day because it's lasting power sucked. However, for the past three months or so I have been breaking out like crazy. I thought it was my Chanel foundation so long story short, I have tried 5 different foundations since and none seem to be a good match for my acne ridden face. In a desperate attempt, I purchased this on a whim as my last resort. I layered it over my Eucerin SPF 30 Moisturizer (which I love) at 5 in the morning when I was getting ready. Much to my dismay (in a good way), by 2pm my makeup still looked fresh and clean. I was so shocked. In the past when I had used this it didn't even make it past 2 hours. I don't know if the formula has changed or my skin has just improved, but I am loving this foundation right now. I love that it covers a lot and gives me a natural, flawless look without having to go overboard and look cakey. It dries to satin/matte finish and lasts a good while. I do have to blot my forehead but I can deal with that. I also think this is way better than Clinique's acne solutions foundation because that one dries me out like crazy!! Oddly enough, they both have the same percentage of salicylic acid but for whatever reason, Neutrogena doesn't dry me out.
As for the acne, I have only been using this for a week so I can't speak on that part. Hopefully this doesn't end up aggravating my face in the long run. It would be such a relief to finally settle on a foundation that doesn't break me out and this could be the one. I also appreciate that its so cheap considering I have been using high end foundations for years now. Hopefully this continues to work out for me and I end up keeping it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my staple foundation. I am extremely acne prone, as in going to the dermatologist on and off for 8 years. As in cystic, hormonal, and down right sensitive as all get out. This foundation hasn't been a miracle worker to make all my acne disappear with a wave of a magical wand like the commercials claim, but it's never hurt my skin, and that means so much.
I have fought the hormonal side of my acne internally, but externally the last thing I need is ANYTHING irritating my skin, and this foundation never does that. It goes on nice and smooth, it easily blends. It covers up my acne scars almost completely (I still use some concealer time to time), it has a nice powdery finish.
My skin is combination, maybe a little more on the drier side. I've been wearing nothing but this foundation for a year now and my skin is about 75% better than a year ago, although I also regularly get facials and my hormones are better. The important thing about this foundation is that I can't say that it helped, but it never hurt. So much breaks me out it's crazy, this is a safe bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Beautoria

this product works great but dont be buying it thinking its going to do all the work for you. if you want clear skin, wash your face with the right products. Dont expect that by buying this makeup you wont have to do anything else. you need to put in your own part too.