April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Neutrogenalover1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is excellent... if you have the right moisturizer. I usually use Aveeno's positively radiant daily moisturizer (non tinted), but one day, my dermatologist recommended that I use an epiduo kit for my mild acne that came with a moisturizer. I used the moisturizer one day before applying the Neutrogena foundation and it totally looked caked and made my face look a lot lighter than my neck. This product is also hard to use because it doesn't have a pump and I found that as it ran low, I couldn't really reach the foundation because my foundation brush was too fat (I ended up using a q-tip). The makeup with my usual moisturizer is usually pretty good, my acne really isn't that bad it just has a lot of redness spots that make it look pretty bad and the makeup hides the redness and discoloration of your face. This product didn't quite improve my acne, but it didn't worsen it either. If your looking for a foundation with high coverage, I wouldn't recommend this one. If your looking for a foundation that minimizes redness and discoloration and doesn't make your skin oily then I recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by karlaleila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this foundation and it did help with my breakouts and even helped discoloration and dark spots a bit but the coverage is really light and the shades are very varied but its a really good product

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This really cleared up my skin! I cant use it every single day, or else my skin gets rough, but I can use it every other day. My skin is so much clearer now! I just wish the lightest shade wasnt so dark

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by princessmarrisa

Worst foundation I've ever used. Blends really easily but it doesn't last for more than an hour and it makes my pores look huge. I use moisturizer then primer before I put my foundation on and after an hour, this would make my skin look blotchy. Not worth buying for the price either.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I did not like this foundation. I purchased it because I have acne-prone, oily-combo skin and wanted to keep my face from breaking out while covering up existing blemishes. I'm an NC20 and Buff is too light, but Nude is too dark because it oxidizes on my face and makes me look orange. It is not extremely long lasting and its not full coverage, but I prefer foundations that have acne fighting ingredients so that they do not exacerbate any current breakouts. I used this foundation in combination with the Skin Clearing powder and it barely lasted even 4 hours on my skin. The bottle has no pump, so its hard to control the amount of product you dispense at one time. I would recommend Almay's Complexion Clearing foundation over this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by liloleme123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation everyday for about a week now, and I have to say, it's pretty darn good. I apply it in the morning, and by the time I get home from work about 9 hours later, my face still looks pretty good. Not like it was just applied, but I don't look a hot mess either. I don't use primer or anything like that. Just set it with Revlon's Nearly Naked powder and I'm good to go. My only problem is the coverage isn't great, but it is still good enough. As long as I have a pretty good concealer.
As for helping with acne, it didn't. It didn't cause any new breakouts either, so I guess that's good enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a daily application of this foundation for a week and decided to return it. I loved the idea of having a foundation that would double up as an acne treatment that actually sits on the skin and gets absorbed, since most cleansing systems for acne supposedly are ineffective because the salycylic acid or benzoyl peroxide ingredients are washed off before they take noticeable effect, or at least that what every Beautypedia review says about every acne cleanser.

I bought the SkinClearing foundation in shade 60, a perfect match for my yellow-toned, light-medium skin. Though this foundation is surprisingly sheer on application and provides little coverage for scars or redness (hence the SkinClearing Blemish Concealer was a coupled product), it feels lightweight, is a little buildable, and most importantly, breathable. My skin felt fresh all day, like there was no makeup on.

... which brings me to the reason why I ended up returning it. I typically only apply face makeup in the morning with setting powder and expect it to hold up for most of the day with maybe one touch-up of concealer mid-day. Even with powder, the SkinClearing foundation, sheer as it is, doesn't hold up for even half the day. On my oily skin, despite using setting powder, the foundation practically disappeared when I was at work--indoors and with air-conditioning. When I removed my makeup like usual in the evening, there was hardly any foundation pigment on the makeup wipe. This seems like a foundation that would have to be reapplied mid-day, and I simply don't have time to reapply a foundation that barely lasts 4 hours if I can use an acne-fighting moisturizer and 8-hour foundation over it and get more effective results.

I can't say that this was an effective acne treatment-foundation since I only used it for a week before returning it, but it didn't worsen my acne. It feels more like treatment than foundation though. I ended up liking the expensive alternative acne makeup of choice, Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup, which is full-coverage and $27. However, considering that the Neutrogena SkinClearing makeup is about $12 per 1oz bottle and I would probably have to use two applications a day to maintain some coverage, in the 6 months that a 1oz bottle typically lasts me, the Neutrogena SkinClearing Makeup would probably come out to almost the same price as the Clinique one, with the Clinique one only needing one application.

I haven't tried the SkinClearing powder from Neutrogena, but having tried their SkinClearing concealer and liquid foundation in a time of need against a stress-acne break-out, I was left sorely disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Narmeenbayy

Had high expectations for this product. If youve been struggling with acne all you ever want is makeup that helps heal it and thats probably what made me so excited to try this.. But everytime i try it it breaks me out. Ive always thought like maybe it was just my skin that day that made me breakout but no its this product because when i use my koress foundation nothting happens but everytime i reach for this foundation i regret it the next day. So not worth it , doesnt help with blemishes it just gives you more. Sucks .

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Made me break out!??

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is literally my Holy Grail. I have tried so many other foundations from Rimmel, to Covergirl and even high end ones like Tarte and Kat Von D and I always end up going back to this baby. The color match was on point with Nude 40 and this really does glide on smooth with a foundation brush. With my fingers or a cosmetic sponge it looks a little cakey and doesn't cover the texture of my face that well but with a foundation brush I can color correct and hide my imperfections with this to achieve a flawless face that looks and feels lightweight/natural. I don't need a primer or setting powder with this because the staying power is awesome and it sets itself to a demi-matte finish. I did wear this in the Texas humidity in the winter months and I did have to lightly powder to control some shine so be aware of what the weather is like where you live if you plan on purchasing this. As a medicine this foundation has done a mediocre job of clearing up my blemishes but as a full coverage foundation it's amazing. The square bottle packaging is weird but nothing too bad if you just put your fingertip over the opening and gently turn it upside down to get any product. This is perfect for everyday wear and even special occasions seeing as I wore this in my older sister's wedding and it worked wonders. It's a bit expensive for the drugstore just as all of Neutrogena's line is but the product is so good that I would so repurchase this when my bottle runs out.