October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Night Breed

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Toffee921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it is my favourite NARS shadow! i use it as a liner, and it is just the colour and texture i need! easy to blend and stays for long. great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by thetarapaige

I absolutely adore this eyeshadow! I start out first with UD primer potion and then go in with NARS zardoz cream eyeshadow as a base. Then I add night breed and blend it up to my crease and wha-la! Perfect, dark smokey eye. The consistency is great, the intensity of the color is stunning, and I love the fact that it has hints of sparkles in it. When I first got it, it literally looked like I bought the night sky. If you prefer matte black, I'd go with something else. Try it out, you won't be disappointed! My HG dramatic black eyeshadow. I feel like the sparkle gives it substance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love Night Breed.
After spending... what I'm going to guess is at least thousands of dollars on various high-end and low-end eyeliners (think every kind of pencil, gel, liquid liner), I've realized my eyes cannot stand the torture every eyeliner puts me through. Flaking into my contacts, blurring my vision, making my eyes psycho vampire red, giving me crazy panda/raccoon undereyes, and then making it difficult to remove the panda/raccoon undereyes without stretching out my undereye skin... UGHHHH. Just makes me angry.

Anyway. Back to Night Breed. I use this to line my eyes. It's the only thing that defines my eyes without flaking into my contacts, blurring my vision, and making me cry. Yes, it does give me panda/raccoon eyes, but it's not worse than other eye liners. But it is EASIER to remove the panda/raccoon eyes and maintain my lined eyes in midst of the day without my undereye skin being pulled/tugged.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the glitter in it potentially bothering my eyes later. If the glitter does bother me, I may buy Coconut Grove or Bali later on to line my eyes, as they're both supposed to be free of glitter. ...or I might just buy them even if it doesn't bother me. Heh.

:::EDIT:::
Btw, if you want it to be darker, just use a damp brush - but don't soak it!!! You don't want to make a paste with it as it'll just make you unhappy later with excessive fallout (lots of wet powder clumped crumbles when it dries). If you're not sure what "damp" is, just soak the brush, and then rest the bristles of the brush on a dry tissue for a few seconds. All the excess water will transfer to the tissue. And then just apply the eyeshadow regularly (I like using a flat/push liner brush) - as I said before, you're not making a paste, so don't expect it to be like a cake liner! You'll just be sad later with black powder all over your cheeks. It will show up darker than when it's dry, but it won't be dark as a cake liner (like Chanel's duo). :]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by NarsGirl808

Night Breed is one of my all time FAVORITE Nars e/s!!! Beautiful when applied all over the lid, smudged on top of your eyeliner, or in the crease. Very high pigmented!!! It's a MUST <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it, creates the sexiest smokey eye. I only use it when I'm going out because the glitter particles are very obvious and sometimes fall under the eye, making it inappropriate for day wear/casual events. Extremely blendable like all Nars shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by moesi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It looks amazing with a creamy black base under it, but looks like a cheap drugstore product without. By itself, the glitter is faint and a great deal of it falls off during application. The black pigment is weak and no matter how much you get to actually stay on the lid, it doesn't get dark enough to live up to the package appearance.

Used with a creamy black base, it looks fantastic in my opinion. The glitter is slightly more apparent providing just enough sparkle without being over the top, probably because less of it ends up on the floor combined with the additional contrast of more black pigment beneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

gorgeous sparkling black for the smokey eye lover..good lasting power too. just a bit pricey but what do u expect from nars

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by MissDior5011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst eyeshadows I have ever bought. It is one of those products that looks great in the packet but when its applied it does not look the same. The glitter does not show up on my eyes. I always use a base/eye primer. I have tried numerous brushes to apply it & I have even tried applying it with my finger but nothing works. Also when applied I get lots of black fallout under my eyes even though I tap off the excess before I apply. I would not buy this eyeshadow again. I much prefer UDecays oil slick or Mac black tied & they are cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Shocking44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I hadn't read any reviews before purchasing this product. I kept on walking past and going into Mecca Cosmetics to look at it and everytime I did so, I always swatched it, and then walked out again. This happened 5 times before I finally decided to cough up the $48AUD for it. And although I still think its pretty darn expensive, I utterly love it to bits.
I use a base under it, and a subtle showing of the glitters show up. Its. Just. Amazing. I find myself just opening up the little case just to look at how pretty it is *is obsessed*
This is most definitely a must!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sdk

First of all the packaging of this is too cute! compared to the packaging of the eyeshadow duos and blushers.. its so sleek and compact but when opened there is plenty of product!.. it last for aaages would take a long time for it to hit pan.. you get your moneys worth as you wouldnt have to repurchase any time soon..
The colour of this is very interesting and really sexy.. its a extremely deep black eyeshadow with silver sparkles.. ive used this wet as a liner with a primer underneath and under lighting you really can see the very fine pieces of glitter twinkle.. its definetly not tacky looking the silver glitter was made just right for this product and is just the ultimate classy/sexy eyeshadow for the night!