September 17, 2014 | 2287 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've purchased this foundation numerous times. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could but it's definitely a near-perfect product for me. Porcelain 20 is a spot-on match for me and the texture of this makeup is truly amazing. It's goes on like a dream and provides a smooth medium but slightly dewy coverage which can be layered. I don't think it actually improves the condition of my skin but it gives a beautiful radiance to it and it doesn't cause oiliness on my T-zone or dryness on the rest of my acne-prone skin. My one caveat is that I don't like the delivery system and the fact that you can't see how much makeup is left in the bottle because it's frosted. I'm sure this protects the foundation from sunlight etc but it makes it very difficult to assess how much is left. It also dispenses an exact single pump of foundation and I'd like more control over the amount of makeup that I can access and apply. Trying to get a quarter or half pump often ends in waste. It's not cheap but a bottle can last me 4-6 months and if you purchase on Lancome.com there are often sales or promotions.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Only good if you have really dry skin", she said...I guess my normal-dry skin was TOO dry.

Claire 30 C, I use about a dime size

Finish:
Matte

Pros:
Good Coverage
Doesn't Break Me Out
Fairly Natural Looking

Cons:
Not Very Moisturizing
Cakes in Lines, Around Nose
Mask Like Finish

I would recommend this for people with actual moisture in their skin, for dry skin in the Lancome line, I recommend Teint Visionnaire.

EDIT:
So I tried this again with Lancome's moisturizers instead of my own, and a lighter shade ..it works! The difference is amazing.

Shade:
Claire 25 W

Finish:
Dewy but with a drop of facial oil, luminous

Pros:
Dewy
Natural
Not Cakey

Cons:
Doesn't last too long if you have discolorations you need to cover

Coverage:
Marketed: Medium full
To Me: Light Medium

Very similar to Teint Visionnaire, except, with longer coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have moved on to using Skin foundation from Bobbie Brown but have used this foundation for a couple years. I have oily and breakout prone skin and this is one of the best textures and color matches that I have found. I find that the thin formula doesn't look cakey and it's packed with pigment so it covers really well. I also found it to hold up well. I would suggest setting with a light dusting iof translucent powder if your oily. It never broke me out. I found a better color match with BB but think it is an awsome foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

This product should in no way shape or form be used by anyone with oily skin or who is prone to breakouts. On me, this applies sheerly, but you can build coverage. It stays dewy and is moisturizing. Unless you powder, it does not last past lunch. The shades are neutral and quite nice. There is no scent to this. The pump dispenses the right amount of product and is hygienic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by mizcris66

I need to begin the review with a clarification.... I have the opposite type of skin that this product is marketed for..... oily and acne prone with very few wrinkles. I only tried it because a colleague with the same type of skin that I do swears by it! This product worked fabulously for me! It did not cause me to break-out and offered a good medium coverage...even covering some acne discolourization! Better yet, the shade selection was excellent.... I have super-fair skin (think vampire! lol) and this is one of the few products that actually offered a porcelain shade with COOL undertones!!! YAY!! no orange/yellow mask!

That being said, I can completely understand why some reviewers with dry, wrinkle prone skin might find this foundation frustrating...if it doesn't make my oily skin greasy, I can't imagine how it could could be moisturizing enough to help skin that needs hydration.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by JenniferBalesteri

During Christmastime, I was with my Mom and she was grabbing some stuff at Lancome...

The guy there politely asked me what I wear, and I was sold on Urban Decay's Naked, with the Blurring Brush. My Mom told me to sit down and try the one she gets at Lancome...Renergie Lift.

Axel, the Lancome Dude removed my makeup and did my face with a brush and the Renergie (after color matching). OMG...I looked 10 years YOUNGER. The UD color I was wearing was too dark and the lighter Lancome stuff was AMAZING. He applied the matching color (Buff I believe) waterproof undereye concealer and I could not believe the transformation!

This foundation is thinner, but that's what I liked about the UD Naked too... I can still use by Blurring brush, or even my Bobbi Brown foundation brush, and this stuff settles into a beautiful, soft, dewy satin finish.

If I was shucking out the bills for this, I would pass, but Mom bought me the set of foundation and concealer. I feel and look younger and prettier. Oh, and It lasts all day and it seems to be a lot of product for the $$$. Recommend for women 40+

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only tried this foundation because the MUA said there was a shade to suit me. I am about NC43 in Mac and shade 05 did match pretty well. This foundation is low to medium coverage but I found it did nothing to cover up my dark scarring or even up my skin. I don't expect miracles, as that's what concealer is for, but I like my foundation to take the edge off.

Despite setting this with two powders, I was extremely shiny within an hour and by 3 hours this had come off my face and looked horrible. It also accentuated my pores and made my skin look stretched - not a problem I've ever had before!

Thankfully I only used a sample and didn't purchase this, but I definitely don't recommend this foundation. I'm pretty desperate to try any type of foundation that will suit my skin tone, but I won't put up with this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BoandChica2

Only used this once, but that was enough. Like one reviewer said, it actually accented my facial flaws, i.e. larger pores. In addition, it didn't last on me. I've never really been a fan of Lancôme foundations but the MU made it sound wonderful. Not for me....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mart62

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking to replace the Photogenic foundation I have been using for years. Renergie has medium to light buildable coverage and it go on soft and smooth however that was short lived. Within ten minutes my skin was burning and flaking as if I had used retinol. I looked in the mirror and the skin on my face looked shriveled like a prune ,every line seemed to be emphasized. I had to remove this foundation within an hour due to the discomfort. I checked the ingredients on MakeupAlley and found denatured alcohol and another product similar to retinol. I will go back to Photogenic.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lancome has foundation down to a perfect science, that's all I can think of. My favorite foundation in the world is their Teint miracle but someone gave me a bottle of this renergie and it is also fantastic. It does not settle into lines and wrinkles the way a lot of foundation does, it gives nice even coverage without ever feeling cakey which is the one thing I can't stand in foundation, I don't want to feel like I am wearing a mask. I haven't found that it lasts an incredibly long time but none of the great foundations do, the foundations that claim to are just heavy and gross. This foundation feels and looks like it is just your skin...but better. A+ Lancome!