Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5% and titanium dioxide 3.2% Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, zea mays (corn) kernel extract, PEG-30 glyceryl stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, ceramide 3, glycine soja (soybean) oil, carnauba wax, caffeine, cellulose gum, 2-oleamido-1,3 octadecanediol, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, alcohol denat., disodium stearoyl glutamate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, polycaprolactone, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, tocopherol. May contain: bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic foundation for dry or combo-dry skin.

I have sensitive (mild rosacea), combination skin (dry- winter, oily - summer)that is prone to breakouts with the wrong products. I have been using this foundation for almost 10 years and it is FANTASTIC at instantly concealing redness and bumps from rosacea and seamlessly conceals my extremely dry and chalky winter flakes - in fact, it covers flakes completely and gives a healthy glow. However, I definitely have to pair this with an oil-free moisturizer in the summer or else "healthy glow" turns into "oily" by midday.

Finding the perfect color match was a bit tedious and required many trips to various department stores and SA's (fair-neutral leaning warm) but they give generous samples. The variety of fair colors is great albeit a bit overwhelming because so many colors "technically" matched but after wearing them for a while they always seemed a bit "off" until I found the right SA who insisted on matching the foundation to my chest (Bisque 260N). So, if you do try this and don't love the color but love the formula, it's worth the effort to keep trying, it's hard to imagine a match doesn't exist (for fair folks).

It's on the expensive side but the large 5oz bottles can be purchased on ebay and last a very long time since a little goes a long way.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Dear Lancome,

You suck! You took possibly the best full coverage foundation for dry skin ever made and turned it into a vat of severely overpriced mediocrity that covers NOTHING! It takes forever to "dry", rubs off more, doesn't fill in my lines like it used to, loses coverage during the day, and has a scarily unreliable finish. Congratulations! You managed to "fix" everything that was great about this foundation--one of the very few that I have ever paid over $40 for. I have very dry skin and huge pores. For two years this was the ONLY makeup that would work for me. Whoever decided to "tweak" this, if I ever see you in a dark alley, you'd better pray and run--and not necessarily in that order.

In conclusion, Lancome, please bite me.

To any other dry-skinned ladies considering this, if you need light coverage, you have plenty of better options than this--skip it. Normal to oily--not for you, trust me. Need medium or more coverage? You can't trust this puppy for that anymore. You might try UD Naked, Nars Sheer Glow, Maybelline liquid mousse or even Fit Me... Anyone else who's found a good replacement for this, or who just wants to hold and rock me while I cry, please message me. We will comfort each other.

This foundation looks natural and beautiful when it's first applied, however it does not last an entire day- after about six hours of wear, my redness is peeking through and the color also oxidizes a shade darker. I even tried it with a primer underneath and it still did not last. Going to return mine.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am 73 and have been using this makeup for several years. I have a mild rosacea and it covers it completely in addition to giving me a lovely dewy look often generating compliments from much younger friends. I would recommend it to anyone.

I recently switched from Teint Idole 24 hr to Renergie Lift. I wear the same shade in both foundations. I feel Renergie Lift is easier to apply. It spreads easily when applied with a foundation brush and the coverage is very natural. The color does not oxidize throughout the day. My only complaint is the pump dispenser is hard to control. On the good side, one pump is enough to do my entire face, but when I want a little less for more sheer coverage, it's hard to get less than a full pump out. Overall, the finish is really lovely and smooth and it blends seamlessly with my own skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've purchased this foundation numerous times. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could but it's definitely a near-perfect product for me. Porcelain 20 is a spot-on match for me and the texture of this makeup is truly amazing. It's goes on like a dream and provides a smooth medium but slightly dewy coverage which can be layered. I don't think it actually improves the condition of my skin but it gives a beautiful radiance to it and it doesn't cause oiliness on my T-zone or dryness on the rest of my acne-prone skin. My one caveat is that I don't like the delivery system and the fact that you can't see how much makeup is left in the bottle because it's frosted. I'm sure this protects the foundation from sunlight etc but it makes it very difficult to assess how much is left. It also dispenses an exact single pump of foundation and I'd like more control over the amount of makeup that I can access and apply. Trying to get a quarter or half pump often ends in waste. It's not cheap but a bottle can last me 4-6 months and if you purchase on Lancome.com there are often sales or promotions.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

"Only good if you have really dry skin", she said...I guess my normal-dry skin was TOO dry.

Claire 30 C, I use about a dime size

Finish:
Matte

Pros:
Good Coverage
Doesn't Break Me Out
Fairly Natural Looking

Cons:
Not Very Moisturizing
Cakes in Lines, Around Nose
Mask Like Finish

I would recommend this for people with actual moisture in their skin, for dry skin in the Lancome line, I recommend Teint Visionnaire.

EDIT:
So I tried this again with Lancome's moisturizers instead of my own, and a lighter shade ..it works! The difference is amazing.

Shade:
Claire 25 W

Finish:
Dewy but with a drop of facial oil, luminous

Pros:
Dewy
Natural
Not Cakey

Cons:
Doesn't last too long if you have discolorations you need to cover

Coverage:
Marketed: Medium full
To Me: Light Medium

Very similar to Teint Visionnaire, except, with longer coverage.

I have moved on to using Skin foundation from Bobbie Brown but have used this foundation for a couple years. I have oily and breakout prone skin and this is one of the best textures and color matches that I have found. I find that the thin formula doesn't look cakey and it's packed with pigment so it covers really well. I also found it to hold up well. I would suggest setting with a light dusting iof translucent powder if your oily. It never broke me out. I found a better color match with BB but think it is an awsome foundation!

This product should in no way shape or form be used by anyone with oily skin or who is prone to breakouts. On me, this applies sheerly, but you can build coverage. It stays dewy and is moisturizing. Unless you powder, it does not last past lunch. The shades are neutral and quite nice. There is no scent to this. The pump dispenses the right amount of product and is hygienic.

I need to begin the review with a clarification.... I have the opposite type of skin that this product is marketed for..... oily and acne prone with very few wrinkles. I only tried it because a colleague with the same type of skin that I do swears by it! This product worked fabulously for me! It did not cause me to break-out and offered a good medium coverage...even covering some acne discolourization! Better yet, the shade selection was excellent.... I have super-fair skin (think vampire! lol) and this is one of the few products that actually offered a porcelain shade with COOL undertones!!! YAY!! no orange/yellow mask!

That being said, I can completely understand why some reviewers with dry, wrinkle prone skin might find this foundation frustrating...if it doesn't make my oily skin greasy, I can't imagine how it could could be moisturizing enough to help skin that needs hydration.