August 27, 2014 | 1732 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Thunderball single

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this eyeshadow ....... it is a combination of dark gray, black, teal and navy ...... it is cool-toned and just a gorgeous color which can be used as a liner or even as an eyeshadow if you prefer a smokey look ...... Thurderball is not only a gorgeous color but is exceptional in quality as well..... no fallout, is pigmented and easy to use. I am cool-toned (NW10) have blonde hair and brown hair and Thunderball works well with my cool coloring, as well as really makes my brown eyes pop. Absolutely love Thunderball!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like using this shadow as a liner since it not as boring as black and I believe it compliments my brown eyes. This is not available at Sephora, although it is available at Nordstrom and NARS online. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I was lucky enough to get this shadow in a LE palette from NARS a few years ago. Its such an incredible shade of smokey grey/blue that brings out my grey eyes amazingly well. I use it wet as a liner though have done a full-blown smokey eye with it a couple of times and WOW.

It is extremely pigmented and, like other reviewers have said, the color in the pan is truly what you see on your eye. a rare thing indeed. I have had this tiny shadow for 3 years and I still haven't hit pan. (I of course haven't used this daily for 3 whole years but I have used it A LOT.).

Oh, I almost forgot! I wore this for my wedding as my eye liner and did a light wash on the lid for shadow. I wore it with Tom Ford lipstick in pure pink, a touch a NARS desire blush and natural looking false eye-lashes. also a tiny amount of copacabana for high-lighting and a touch of bronzer for sculpting. (I had my foundation airbrushed that day) I have to say that I looked really good and was really happy with it!!

I definitely need to get this shadow in the small, single size so I don't have to bring my whole LE palette with me every time I travel!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thunderball is a new to me shadow that I recently received in swap. Not having purchased it or seen it in a shop, I decided to take a gamble going by online pictures only. Let me just say that stepping out on a limb pays off! I already adore this shadow in the short span since I have owned it (1 week) and am very pleased. Its pigmentation is quite saturated, so it doesn't take many swipes with my brush to pick up enough color and create either a smoky liner or deepened outer "v" effect. I have been using it dry with either MAC's 219 pencil or 262 angled brush, depending on what I am going for atm. Thunderball seems to be one of those shadows that really brings the drama- you are going to see it for sure! That said, it is such an original and beautiful shade. The color you see in the pan is truly what shows up in your eye look, which as we all know is not always the case (with any makeup brand). The color in my opinion is a spruce/charcoal gray, reminiscent of perhaps Clinique's "Egyptian". Green notes are definitely apparent and could no doubt be pulled with a green liner base; ditto for its charcoal leanings.Also an undercurrent of blue (from its spruce) is there and for a smoky blue look it would blend in like a dream. So far I have paired it with beige/light brown neutral lid shades, not bringing it too far into my crease. I was looking for an alternative to everyday (for me anyway) black that was still rich and luxurious appearing. Thunderball has been a wonderful surprise and promises to be in my most-used's from now on.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another very pigmented NARS shadow. He really does well with deep colors, I'm finding. This is a color that is pretty strange to describe. Has a bit of blue, dark green and it completely wearable. This is a crease or lid color for me. I like it because it is so smooth and blendable on the lid/crease and it is such a different color. I doubt I'd need to but if push cam to shove I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a gorgeous color! Due to the positive feedbacks here I ordered this one online. Itīs a dark grayish teal or teal-gray. And itīs perfect for lining and a perfect smokey eye. The texture is smooth, matte and heavily pigmented. If you have the chance to try this one, do it, you wonīt be disappointed,

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A dark dark navy with depth. I use it to tightline - pushing it up into the bottom of my upper eyelid eyelashes and there is absolutely nothing better for dark brown eyes. Theres relatively little "fallout" and as an added bonus - it boosts the volume of eyelashes when you apply mascara.

Extremely pigmented - extremely. I haven't used it as an eyeshadow but imagine you'd only need the tiniest amount for a gigantic payoff. You can also use this wet.

I would buy this again but I've been using this one for years and have reached pan only in a small spot in the middle. I have dropped it and the packaging broke but the shadow didn't.

One of the best products I own.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by moonbeam62

This eyeshadow should be on everyone's must have list for smokey eyes! Its a beautiful blackish teal color that looks flattering & different on everyone, especially dark eyes. I think they have a sparkly less pigmented version of this in UD naked palette. This one is matte and wonderful. I don't believe it is available through Sephora? I bought mine directly through Nars which has three times the lovely colors as Sephora carries online or in their store. Check them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Polpette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been eyeing this for a while but have been a little hesitant to purchase this at full size. I was thrilled to see it included in the NARS Junkie box this holiday at Sephora. This eyeshadow is fantastic. Grey/black/blue/teal all at the same time. If you are having a hard time getting a smokey eye just right, then this is the shadow you should buy. It's very easy to work with and adds beautiful smoke to the outer corners and under the eye. It's also gorgeous as a liner. I'm sorry I waited so long to get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by smake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My HG dark shadow, moody and high impact. Can be used with a wet brush to line the eye. Packaging is rugged feeling, and minimal looking. Brilliant.