Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

on 3/17/2015 1:13:00 PM

I am probably on my 10th bottle of this stuff. It is so amazing. I mix it with my moisturizer. I also put it over my Dr. Jarts Dis-a-pore BB to counteract how pale the cream makes me. It gives me a great glow! It is pricey but totally worth it. I can't even feel it on my skin. It gives just a slight shimmer. Use sparingly!! Especially if you are as pale as I am.

on 2/5/2015 10:59:00 PM

The color was off both for myself and a friend. Very obviously looked like bronzer. I didn't like the way it darkened my face, w/o any payoff or added benefit in terms of texture, sheen... I don't know, but it I've worn other bronzers that weren't flat and that I thought were pretty. I returned this.

on 9/12/2014 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It burns on my skin.Difficult to work with and accentuates dry patches

on 7/9/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Stunning stuff. I get compliments on my glow when I wear it. Because of the size of the bottle and the expiry (it's not packed with nasties so it expires quicker than other stuff), I feel justified to use it all the time. I'm half Indian half white so I go pretty sallow in the winter and I love using this to offset that.

I mix it with my Green People facecream and it goes on beautifully. You notice a slight (and gorgeous) smell but other than that, no difference to the feel of the cream.

I find it evens out the tone of the skin, so blemishes are less obvious and oddly the skin feels softer too (not sure how this can be true but it does feel like that!).

Very expensive to buy but totally worth it. I've stopped bothering with foundations etc. now, not that I was ever a big makeup user, and having a skin which changes colour radically with the sun isn't a good basis for having minimal amounts of makeup product on hand (and shades!).

it's fun to play with using more or less.

I read a lot of the reviews on here before I got it, and I was super impressed with the reviewer who said that their african-american boyfriend used it every day!

I'm in the UK and Dr Hauschka sent a sample of it for me to try out which was excellent (certainly wasn't going to pay that much to try something!) and it left me totally convinced.

The bottle is a bit annoying although I understand how they have to keep the rest uncontaminated but surely there must be a better dispenser out there? All the stuff I've had with these gold topped dispenser bottles have been leaky. The lock is pretty effective though.

Highly recommended!

on 12/19/2013 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A little goes a LONG WAY.

I use this to cancel out the pasty look my sunscreen gives me.

Step 1: Apply zinc oxide sunscreen.
Step 2: Dab a few spots of this on (like you would foundation) and then blend with the beauty blender sponge.

Result: glowing skin (not white, not orange).

Also can be used as a bronzer (like the label says).

on 7/13/2013 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I will start by saying that I'm not a bronzer person. I have never found a bronzer that looks good on me. I remember a lady at the Guerlain counter once tried to convince me otherwise and literally forced me into trying one of their bronzer but the effect was so bad that even she had to admit it and told me to just stay out of it.
Until I have found this. What the secret behind this product is, I can't tell. Maybe it's because it has no shimmer at all or maybe because it's so sheer and of just the perfect color it looks like a real, natural, healthy tan.
What is even better about it are numerous ways it can be used. You can use it alone, all over face for a subtle tan or you can apply it below or on the boney structures to contour.
It can be mixed with a moisturizer or - and this is my favorite feature - it can be easily mixed with a foundation either for a tanned look or to transform your lighter winter foundation into a darker summer one! It blends in beautifully with a foundation, especially the water based ones. I believe (I haven't tried this yet) you can also mix it into the physical sunblock to reduce the white cast it usually leaves.
It doesn't clog pores, evens out skin tone, neutralizes redness, doesn't dry out the skin and even hydrates a little.
It's a thick liquid packed in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser (I have no trouble getting out the amount of the product I want, you just need a little practice and I always wipe the pump with a tissue after I've used it to avoid clogging it - yes, this works!). It looks really dark and bad in the bottle but transforms into a sheer tint when applied.
I believe it's a product that just about anyone can make work for oneself.

on 3/7/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Like other reviewers stated this is a very thin liquid bronzer with no shimmer that's meant to be used mixed with a lotion. It comes in a pump dispenser that dispenses way too much product and I don't think I would have bought this if I hadn't spotted it online for under $20 since the regular rate is upwards of $30. I love that it's good for your skin and it's much more subtle than others I've used. This gives a more naturaly tanned look without any orange tint or sparkles but I prefer to use a half pump with a physical sunscreen as opposed to moisturizer. When I use this with a moisturizer it's a bit too sheer and seems to emphasize any redness in my skin but with sunscreen it's a very pretty sunkissed color that lets me skip foundation and just use some concealer under my eyes. I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for this but I would repurchase if I could find it at a discounted rate again since it's less expensive than the Bronze Goddess bronzer I've been using to tint my sunscreen and skip the hassles of foundation matching.
*Update* 5/17
I've been using this every day now that the weather is warming up and the rest of me is getting more color than my face. It's easy to add to my sunscreen for as little or as much color as I want and it's perfect for daytime since it has no sparkle. The pump can still be a little hard to control but I could have gotten an oddball. This has never caused me to break out but I don't wear it alone either. Even though I find the price a bit much I'm getting ready to order a second bottle.

on 10/7/2012 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is a must-have for when I am between foundation shades! I use it to darken my lighter foundation. It's pretty watery but pigmented, and absorbs well into skin. I've been using it on and off for 3 months, and am halfway through the bottle.

on 10/3/2012 1:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Didn't want to shell out the bucks and had been using Cargos Multi Mix Bronzer which is discontinued:( Dr. H is not as concentrated as I had hoped and have to use a lot more than I'd like. I have used up a half a bottle in about 4 weeks. Also it does not blend with my zinc based SPF (Luzerns)as well as Cargos. A little streaky. I like to use silicone, synthetic fragrance and paraben free skin products.Next up is Omorovicza Sunkiss SPF 15 mucho $$$

on 10/2/2012 6:17:00 PM

I wanted to like this, I really did. But it just didn't work well for me. I have medium toned skin, and no matter how I worked with this (and I'm pretty good at working with products) it just looked bad. I'm not sure how, but it managed to be both too muddy and too red at the same time.

I have combo/dry skin, and I tried this blended with a moisturizer, with a sunscreen, and just a little bit on its own, dabbed on with a stippling brush. I tried it just on the high points of the face, I tried it as a contour, and I tried it all over. Nothing looked good. It either disappeared completely or it looked ruddy/muddy (again, not sure how that happened)

I have ended up using it on my legs, but like the other reviewer mentioned - this is pretty expensive for using on the legs :) For the price, I wouldn't repurchase.