Hard Candy Icicle Balm - Vanillacicle

Hmm.. got one of these as an exyra in a swap and I'm not overly impressed. The smell is a bit fakey/waxy.. nothing better than a lipsmacker imo and I prefer lipsmackers actually. The balm itself is a bit hard and I find it drags. Weirdly enough it is slightly sticky, which is starnge considering it is a balm. The color is nice, a cute lightly frosted pink w/ a bit of orange iridescence, not OTT at all. I don't think this is worth the price. I *might* buy it for $1-2.. maybe.

on 3/14/2004 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was a little disappointed with this. I got someone to CP me this at Sephora. I was really exceited about the scent (orange-vanilla) but it just didn't do it for me. I smelled a bit plastic-ey. IT gives a slight frosty peach color on lips. Too pricey for an average lipbalm.

on 2/2/2004 5:28:00 PM

I bought this last week on sephora.com for $6.50, which is not bad for a tinted balm, in Vanillacicle. Unlike what all the other reviewers have said, mine leaves no color at all. Also, it smells really yummy!! The only thing that I don't get about this product, is why HC made the cap and writing pale blue since it looks bad with all the colors, but thats not important!

I liked how this looked in the clear tube, with shimmery peach and frosty white swirled together. It gives a sheer, shimmery peach tint and smells like orange-vanilla, and has a subtle taste. It's a nice moisturizer and I'm pleased that it has sunscreen, too--though it doesn't mention any SPF; perhaps it just has UVA/UVB protection.

Popular Lip Treatments