April 21, 2014 | 1555 users online

Treatments - Alterna - Hemp Seed Split Ends Repair

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by scandelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have been using this for a over a year now and LOVE it!! when i first started using it, the formula was different; alterna has since reformulated and VASTLY improved it. the new formula is thicker and smells different; but in a good way -- i prefer the new scent; so clean and fresh without being heavy/perfumy. to use it i squeeze out a dime sized amount into the palm of my hand (my hair is long -- to the middle of my back, use less if your hair is shorter), rub my palms together, and work it into damp ENDS ONLY before blow drying/flat ironing. i do NOT recommend applying this anywhere but the ENDS of the hair; its not meant to go anywhere else and if you use it how you are supposed to its a miracle worker. the number one reason i love this product so much is that it really smooths the cuticle, which in turn adds tons of shine and softness. also great for protecting hair against heat and reducing/preventing split ends. get on the alterna website and request a sample before you buy to make sure you like it; its pricey but to me worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by CocaNicola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The lady at ULTA recommended this for me above any other product- I really don't know what she was thinking!!! It made my hair sticky, crackly and dry. I've given it several chances too. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I put yes I would repurchase but really it is a maybe. I just didn't see a huge difference in the ends of my hair after using. I did cocktail it with a few other products so that might have had an affect on how well this product works. I'll have to try again to see if anything special happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Hollie27

I love this product. I have been using it for about a year, and I can really tell a difference in my hair. It gives my hair light control and makes it really soft. I agree with some that it could be better packaged, but overall it is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by FashionProfusion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is yet another wonderful Alterna product.
There is no product that repairs split ends.
This is no exception, but if you use after you have had your trims. It is definately preventative. It's
previous name was Damage Control after all.
This product is Moisturizing
Shine infusing, Great scent.
Definately worth buying and rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

Well, I am not sure if it actually "repairs" my split ends, can any product really do that? BUT it does smell wonderful and leaves my hair soft and smooth.
I use it after blow drying my hair straight using Alterna's Hemp Seed Straightening Balm. When my hair is about 99% dry I apply a little of this and finish drying. It is expensive but I am pretty sure I will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Split end repair? The only thing that fixes split ends is a haircut. This works ok as a moisturizing treatment when your hair is still wet, but works much better applied to dry hair to smooth down frizzies. Though it works pretty well as an after-blowdrying treatment, I wouldn't trade it in for my Aveda Light Elements Finishing solution. When this runs out, I'm going back to Aveda again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2003 11:44:00 PM More reviews by brownieLA

This is supposed to be a split end repair, but honestly, I don't know what it did for me. Because I spent the money to buy it, I made myself finish the product tube. The packaging is awful because you can't squeeze out the product once it is half full. Do Alterna products really do anything for the hair?