Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

3.9

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Magnesium Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Polycyclopentadiene, Silica Silylate, Isododecane, Nylon 12, Pentahyrdosqualene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Silica, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Candelilla Wax), Phenyltrimethicone, Polyethylene, BHT, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

This is my all time favorite color combo: I'm super-fair and I use every shade! Colors are perfection but formula stinks for longevity (ergo, not HG. Oh, if only the formula lasted - it's already a cream - build in some primer, Revlon, eh?).

Pros:

--Formula is opaque, true-to-color, blends effortlessly and is easy to work with. Fingers yield beautiful results, (I'm a fingers-with-creams/brushes-with-powders gal).

Cons:
--Crease, crease, crease-ity-crease-crease. :'( (Yes, I *almost* want to cry ;P)

I have a cool, bluish-red undertone (Swedish/Scottish) and blue eyes. I used to be blonde for real, and now I'm blond-for-fake, and nothing, I mean nothing makes my eyes look prettier than this! Light color all over; copper shimmer (2nd from right) in the crease. For day, done. For night, I add the dark brown shimmer (far left) in my corners. No liner, mascara, done, beautiful.

So where, do you ask, do I use the matte shade second from the left? Well, let me tell you, the *lightest* tap of this, patted over raccoon-eye concealer (yes, I'm still on the hunt for my out-of-the-tube HG under eye concealer...), and voila! Toned down and perfect!

Well...for about...an hour, that is? Then lets hope I don't look down while yer strain' at me, 'cause then you'll be looking at my less-than-stellar, stale creased shadow (however, you'll be thrilled to know that it bears no ill effect over my concealer! lol).

P.S. Would I buy again is really a 'maybe.' I'm conflicted, as you can tell. ;P

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in not just nudes, the colors are amazing but they do crease so i recommend using a primer before application or u can use this as a base color. When i want a really dark brown color that i can't get using powder shadows i swipe a bit of the darkest color on my eyelid with my finger and it gives me just the result i want.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I recently purchased the Not Just Nudes quad for the second time. I'm a sucker for nude or natural lip and eye products! I like using this quad on days where I just want a light wash of color. It's very easy to apply with either a synthetic brush or your finger. I normally apply a primer on my lids before applying this product out of habit to prevent any creasing. As you can probably tell from the begining of the review, I'll definitely repurchase.

on 7/8/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I adore the colors in this cream shadow palette. The formula is nothing special, it will crease like mad when applied alone. But for a base for other shadows, it's great. cute packaging, too.
There is a creamy matte cream shade, a shimmery light brown, a matte medium tan (kind of like Buck from the Naked palette) and a shimmery burgundy-tint dark brown.

I wish these could be worn on their own, but they'd still make a good color base.

on 11/4/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Great product! Easy to apply and long-lasting. The colours are really nice (i have hazel eyes and light brown hair). Defenitely my go-to eye shadow when I don't know what to wear !

on 10/23/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this quad. All shades are wearable and neutral for everyday makeup. It does not crease for me. I do not use primer underneath either. Maybe my skin is dry. Anyway, I would definitely repurchase it!

on 9/24/2012 8:16:00 PM

Cute packaging, but that's about where the positives end. I love cream shadow, and thought that even though this was inexpensive, it would be decent. Wrong. Creases like you would not believe. I tend to use up products whose color I like even if they're not great, but this got thrown out after less than a week.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

These are amazing colors but with the advent of the Maybelline color tattoos, this is nothing compared to that. Even though both are eye color bases, which help make your eyeshadows look more vibrant, I find that a long wearing and non creasing one is so much more practical compared to something that would need to be placed over an eye primer and set with an eyeshadow. Don't get me weong, these are very pigmented shadows but I hardly ever use it anymore as I cannot be bothered with the extra steps in my morning makeup routine. Sadly, won't be repurchasing these.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Wow I guess I am in the minority here because I love this quad.I use them only as a base, I see alot of the ladies here uses it as eyeshadow. I used these shadows for a base for a neutral eye or a bit in my inner tear ducts to brighten my eyes. As for creasing I didnt have that problem because I also used an eyelid primer underneath. One of my fav makeup staples!

on 9/9/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ive never really been a fan of creme eyeshadows but when i saw this at the drugstore i couldn't resist. I love nudes and earthy tones. I ended up really liking this product. The colors are gorgeous. Im defiantly going to invest in some more of these quads!