Sonia Kashuk Mascara

2.8

on 1/19/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm going cruelty free and was happy to find this stuff at my local target. I had a 2 dollar off coupon so I think I got this stuff for about 4-5 dollars?

Anyways when I first pulled it out I noticed a bit of clumping on the brush. I applied and it and it was decent. Nothing fancy but It worked. I don't notice any smudging, but when I go to wash it off it's hard to get off. (I'm not a fan of waterproof mascara)

I noticed the more I used it the clumping in the tube was ridiculous. I was pulling out the brush with it just covered in mascara like the tube wasn't "wiping" the excess off!

Overall the stuff wears "eh," nothing fancy but not horrible. However the packaging drives me nuts. I want to pitch this stuff but I'm having a hard time finding a cruelty free mascara that I like, so I'm keeping it as a backup. Will not buy again.

on 11/17/2012 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall, this mascara is pretty mediocre. It's very black, but quite thick and tends to clump. The packaging is clunky and makes it difficult to actually apply the mascara. This mascara also has a strange, pungent sort of odor. I didn't mind it much, but I know a lot of people would. It does come with a comb inside of the cap, and actually, the comb was my favorite part. It did a great job of seperating my lashes, and if Sonia Kashuk sold it separately, I would buy it. But I don't think this mascara is worth it. Don't waste your money.

on 2/28/2012 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like that its waterproof, and I like that it has a comb attached but that's it. To me, this mascara is exactly the same as Maybelline Great Lash (which I hate). The website description claims it provides instant volume and length and makes your lashes fuller. This mascara provided zero length or volume for me which is what I want in a mascara. I give it a rating of two bc the packaging is sleek, it does have a comb attached which is convenient and it made my lashes dark. Also, the price isn't too bad. But really, unless you really need a comb attached to your wand, just buy Great Lash (if you like it) since that is a couple dollars cheaper.

on 9/9/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my 3rd tube of this mascara. I have large eyes and long eyelashes (woe it me, I know) and this mascara makes my eyelashes a bit darker and fuller without seeming over the top. With other mascaras I'm always getting asked if I'm wearing false eyelashes; with this mascara, I just get compliments on my eyes. I've seen some complaints here about clumps and this product does clump up if you apply coats in quick succession. I put on a coat after I do my foundation, then I put on the rest of my makeup, and once I'm done I put on the second coat. This way, I've never had a problem with clumps. And it doesn't flake! I I teach early in the mornings and then work at a daycare as well; I work long days. But even after a 12 hour day of chasing around high schoolers and 4 year olds, my mascara is in place and flawless. Great product, but if you want something to make your eyelashes seem 'bigger' I would look somewhere else because you're likely to end up with clumpy lashes.

on 4/11/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this mascara because I was out of my usuall stuff and needed something to use in between and I really like it! There is a metal lash brush on th handle and it works wonders! I have super thick lashes and it combs right through them. The only thing I don't like is that you have to apply more then two coats to get a more dramatic effect but over all I have recommended this to many people.

on 1/11/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a pinch when I was out of town and needing some mascara. I had heard good things about Sonia Kashuk's make up line, so I decided to try this out. It's not the best mascara I've ever used, but it's definitely not the worst. I use it as a base more than anything. I love that it has a comb on one end of it; that is such a great tool! I think it should be re-packaged in a round tube though, as opposed to a square one. Bottom line: I do recommend this and I would buy it again.

on 8/11/2010 12:04:00 PM

I'm on my second tube of this stuff now. Bought it the first time because I was out of town, needed a mascara and liked the idea of the little mascara comb at the other end of the tube. Due to allergies and dry eyes, I have a lot of problems with eye products in general, but this one did not irritate and lasted for a long day (in the Florida heat and humidity) without smearing or flaking very much. Pleasantly surprised.

This is the second time I've bought this mascara. I use more than one mascara but this is my base. Its pretty light if you want to use it only for everyday makeup but I wouldnt suggest using ONLY this for dark smokey eyes. Its great that it has a tool on the end too. On the oppostie side of the brush you can choose to have a lash brush or eyeliner. Its pretty cool. I like the lash brush better because it is made of metal and really seperates the lashes unlike some plastic lash brushes.

on 6/2/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have used several tubes of Sonia Kashuk's mascara. For a few weeks after opening it, it always give me the thick lash look I crave...but it does dry up quickly and become unusable. I prefer a drier mascara over thick, wet formulas, but this consistency got to be unmanageable, and I had to throw the tube away.

This product would be a lot better if they changed the packaging. Square tube and wand handle are awkward to hold; a rounder shape would give more control.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this mascara is just average. it added a bit of length and volume to my lashes but definitely not as much as i need. i think this mascara would be good for people who have naturally long, thick lashes. it didn't clump on my lashes at all. it also didn't seem to hold curl very well, either.

the packaging is just annoying, though. the square shape of the packaging is annoying and makes it uncomfortable to hold. the cap that covers the metal lash comb is also kinda funky.

i think i will use this until it dries up, but only for a natural look. the formula seems pretty dry on its own, so it probably won't take that long..

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products