November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Eye Shadow in Espresso

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The Espresso eyeshadow was my first ever Bobbi Brown purchase back in my student days when £12.50 seemed to be a fortune to be spending on one eyeshadow. But it started a brand loyalty that's still going strong a decade later.

I had no idea what a finely-milled eyeshadow meant back then, but noticed that it applied very easily into an even coverage over my eyelid and didn't crease, even without using a primer. That set a high benchmark for all my eye shadow purchases since. I used to wear it on its own, but moved on to using it as a base colour before applying darker shades nearer the lash line over time.

The colour is true to its name: it's a dark brown (which suits my tanned medium, yellow-based skin tone) with a black undertone, and lends itself especially well to the classic smokey eye. I would love to pair it against my new shade of Balsam from the Metallic Eye Shadow range. I can't remember how many pans of Espresso I went through before this shade was discontinued. I think there may be a Matte Eye Shadow in Bobbi Brown's current range with the same name, but the colour is lighter and more grey than the original.

Am keeping my fingers crossed that this will make a reappearance at some point so that I can stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by hopelesschocolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best dark, matte brown eyeshadow I ever tried! Which it should be otherwise it wouldn't be worth the money. My mum went through a huge Bobbi Brown madness a while back and then "forced" me to try out this eyeshadow. I can promise you that I was very willing.
The price of this will stop me from repurchasing it.
The packaging is typical for the brand.
And I definetly like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by tashy00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Espresso is one of the best dark brown eye shadows ever. It works well as an eyebrow color as well as for eye lining. Staying power is decent and color is nice and dark but not harsh like black is. The pan will last for ages. Only thing I am not too crazy about is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my HG gel liners. Anything by Bobbi is usually really good, but this is great! I love the consistency and the fluidness of the product. It last a good 8 hours with a primer and it looks great. Def buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mks1978

I use this color every day as my liner. Its amazing and last forever. I love Bobbi eyeshadows. Great quality & consistency.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a must have in every collection. It is the smoothest shade of cool dark matte brown. This is literally my HG brow product. I have natural black/dark brown hair and used to use Rimmel brow pencil in black brown and MUFE Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector in the darkest shade. While both are still great products, I've found Bobbi Brown Espresso to be best in many ways: easiest & fastest to apply, easiest to control, most natural yet defined finish. The only thing is that MUFE Brow Corrector is waterproof while Espresso is not. Still, it stays on fairly well if you don't rub the brow area and it really is the easiest to apply. As an eyeshadow, its a must have shade of brown. It's great in the crease and it is soooo smooth especially for a matte shade. It's perfect and has so many uses. Must Have!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

Espresso is in my Modern Classic Lip & Eye Palette from BB. Very versatile. BB does neutrals so well. Her matte shadows are top notch. I don't wear this one too often b/c I've been reaching for NavyCharcoal as a liner regularly. But it's a staple to add to your BB collection for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by roastedvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this eyeshadow. I have NC35 skin & use it with my Body Shop slant brush as an eyebrow filler, an eyeliner and as a standard shadow to contour the eye. The soft yet dark hue of this eyeshadow is fantastic for the nude look but can also be built up to achieve Sophia Loren drama. This has been an essential for me for three years and it is one of Bobbi Brown's finest accomplishments. A complete necessity.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my fav eyeshadow of all time!
the colour is almost dark enough to look like a black but the chocolaty tone makes it look a lot more elegante. the pigmentation is fantastic but it does crease at the end of the evening if i don't use a primer because i tend to get oily lids.
the packaging is really elegante but not really convenient because i need two hands to unscew the little can which is a little bit annoying if i'm in a hurry.
this will probably last me a long time because i normally only wear heavy eye make up for big events. if i would run out of this colour though i would repurchase it for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Julianne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use the Espresso BB eyeshadow as a powder eyeliner. I use water and a Trish McEvoy push eyeliner brush to apply it. It is very pigmented and lasts all day. Very nice and natural. I could use it in the crease, but I find it is a little dark on me.