August 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Sweet Dreams

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

Sweet dreams is a pretty natural pink color will gold undertones that won't look bad on anyone. However, the consistency of the gloss is too sticky for my liking and the price is steep for my wallet. Considering I can find much better quality lippies at the drugstore, I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by CEELLIS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SUCH a pretty color if you can pull it off, very pale pink infused with gold. My girlfriend has this and it looks soooo pretty on her, she is very fair but with dark eyes and hair. I am very fair with light eyes and it just does not do a thing for me.

Also, for $24 I feel the quality should be much better. I find it to be too sticky, drying, and it gives off a chemically taste. I have the Orgasm gloss and it's the same thing, but at least that color looks way better on me. Still, the cons outweigh the pros, I won't be buying another NARS lip gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very shiny, sticky and clumpy. I'd say the texture is a cross between a gloss and a lip gloss, so you do get quite a bit of color. If you can get past the icky consistency, I think the cute pinky mauve shade itself suits medium skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm torn with this lip gloss. I swiped it on my hand at Sephora and it was a shimmery nude-pink. It was gorgeous and I always wanted to try a NARS product. However, when I tried it on, it is a glittery tan-nude color, with a little bit of gold to it. I get compliments on it, but I'm more used to wearing a mauvey-pink (Chanel Glossimer in Wild Rose is a HG shade for me). I think this might look amazing on someone with tan skin. I'm fair and blonde, so I feel like this looks too gold on me. I feel like it makes my teeth look yellow-ish, which they're not, so that's a big downside. I also don't like the scent (smells exactly like Clinique lip glosses) and it is VERY sticky and goopy. This means it stays on for awhile, which is a plus, but I don't like the formula. I don't plan to repurchase this or any other NARS lip gloss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

NARS is my absolute favorite brand. That said, this is one of the two NARS products that has disappointed me (the other being NARS April Fools duo). The color itself is pretty, a light pink with golden shimmer. However, the texture of the gloss is awful. It's way too thick and goopy; it doesn't apply evenly and sticks to every dry patch you have. It's kind of like paste. I quickly gave it away. I do adore the other NARS glosses I have, like Greek Holiday (which I would recommend instead of Sweet Dreams, it is slightly more beigey), Belize, and Foul Play. These are some of my HG glosses and the texture is divine. As for Sweet Dreams, however, it's a big pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

The tube I owned has been used up and gone, and I discovered that I never written a review for this product. It is definitely not as orange-colored as it appears on online photos - it's a pink gloss with gold-infused sheen.

It would have been one of my favorites had it not been (1) so gummy - very difficult to scoop out of the tube with the doe-foot applicator (2) and the weird chemical taste, and (3) the drying effect. If you have chapped lips, I'd say forget these Nars glosses.

This is a bit pinker than the Orgasm gloss, but honestly on the lips, they are not very different.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by NYC22

I was disappointed by this lip gloss for many reasons. To begin with, the consistency was all wrong! It was gummy (not glossy) and therefore did not apply well at all. This was exacerbated by the fact that the opening of the tube was very narrow, so I could only get teeny-tiny bits of lip gloss out at a time. As for the color, it was a very subdued pink with traces of peach and shimmer. If I looked at myself in the mirror without focusing, I could not even tell that I was wearing anything. The only thing that I liked was that this lip gloss didn't give me that super-shiny, wet gloss look that I have been growing tired of.

Had this lip gloss not cost $24, I would have kept it around in case of emergency. However, this is going straight back to Sephora because I would expect something better from even an $8 lip gloss. I have heard that NARS glosses are great, but I also tried Orgasm and Belize and was equally disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lip gloss quite a lot. I just received it and I'm happy with my choose. I bought it to complete a smokey eye look and I think it will rock on my lips.It's a bit sticky-er that my Giza Lipgloss from NARS(which is cream-matte) but this is normal as long as Sweet dreams has glitter in it.
It's also very good for everyday wear; on my lips it shows in a very pale-nude pink color which doesn't make at all that ugly Barbie look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my everyday staple lipglosses.The color is a pretty muted pink with lots of gold shimmer, this looks pretty over nude, pale pink, and peachy lipsticks. This is my go to color when i just need to put a gloss overy my lipsticks. I never realized how important this color is, i use it often and i've never done a review for it before.....anyways lol it's very pretty and it's a staple for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Psychadelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lipgloss. I'm not usually a fan of glosses because I can't stand the windy-day-hair-stuck-on-glossy-lips situation but for this gloss I can definitely make exceptions! It has the perfect tone of pinkiness on my lips, not too sheer and not too light.