November 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Gels/Soaps - Crabtree & Evelyn - Rosewater Bath Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm familiar since my teenage years with Crabtree and Evelyn, I still pine for their discontinued Strawberry Soap and Sonoma Valley and Savannah Gardens soaps and perfume.
When i found their shower gels at Winners for $9.99 I knew I had scored, so I bought one in Lavender and another in Rosewater. The Rosewater is a realistic true rose scent, effective enough scent yet remaining gentle.
I love the beautiful feminine packaging and squeeze bottle with a small hole to control the amount of product coming out. The formula isn't drying and smells wonderful. I feel like I am pampering myself when I use it. I hope Crabtree and Evelyn never strays away from their beautiful flowery feminine packaging and wonderful scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It's got a very nice smell, lathers easily and is very relaxing to use in the shower/bath. It's somewhat pricey but I don't mind. The way it easily lathers means I'll be able to use it a long time before it's finished. I'm very satisfied with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The rosewater range is one of C&E's most popular ranges. It smells just like a bouquet of soft, floral roses which is really pleasant. I bought a small regular sized bottle and also a 500ml one when my friend visited America (yay). In all honesty, the only superb thing about this is the smell. it is absolutely calming and delicate, and a small amount will suffice. In all other aspects, it's just a regular bath gel but is especially marked up in pricing.
To 'save', I recommend using it with a bath sponge to lather it because it lathers up really well and fills the bathroom with the smell of roses.
Worth getting it for the lovely smell, and this review is coming from a girl who dislikes floral scents in general!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like others have said, there isn't really anything special about this shower gel. The only reason I come back to it from time to time is because of the smell, I really love roses and rosewater scented products. It does enough cleaning, but it doesn't lather up that much for me but at the same time a small amount of it is enough for my entire body, especially if I use a sponge. I only ever get it in small travel size bottles and that lasts a while, don't know if it comes in bigger bottles but I doubt I'd get it due to price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty decent shower gel. I love the smell of this shower gel, smells very refreshing. However, there is nothing special about this shower gel. It just pretty does what other shower gels does plus a great smell.

It bubbles up and cleans decently but there's not extra ingredient in here that does something "special" for you skin. This product is a little bit on the expensive side but I still love it.

Overall a pretty good product and I would repurchase solely for the smell of it. In my opinion, it doesnt clean especially well or does anything especially well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ses123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. My boyfriend got this for me for christmas. I love the scent, and it makes my skin so soft and clean. I only use it when i want to feel extra pretty. love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I love the smell of roses so this one was heavenly to me. It lathered well, rinsed off easily, left my skin feeling soft and smooth, and it smells great in the shower! I only wish it had a better cap on the bottle since I hate twising it off and wish it was cheaper too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a HUGE fan of C&E's jojoba products and I typically love strong scents; however, the Rosewater makes me wanna puke. It really smells bad. "Scent" is probably just a personal preference but this one may be a little too strong.

(The weird thing is that I thought it smelled good in the store - I bought the entire line of Rosewater stuff but when I used it - could not stomach the smell.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Got this as a gift - the bottle is huge! The bath gel is girly pink and looks pretty in the bottle, but the actual bottle and white plastic cap doesn't look all that glam. The rose scent of this bath gel is way too heavy and artificial.....I don't think I can finish this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2005 8:13:00 PM More reviews by DANIEDOLL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The scent of roses is my absolute favorite scent of alltime. My signature fragrance is "Ombre Rose", which is sweet, yet exotic & infused w/ roses. On the days I wear my Ombre Rose perfume, I also use the Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Bath Gel & follow up w/ the matching rose body lotion. The combo of these 3 rose scented products smell exquisite all together. These 3 products all together on the skin at the same time is my true signature scent. The Rosewater shower gel is as close to real roses as you will ever get. It is such a rich & pure scent. I luv it! If you try this product, you have to use the matching body lotion to enhance the overall lingering scent. I will continue to repurchase. I always get stopped by strangers when I use the combo of the Rosewater shower gel, Rosewater body lotion & Ombre Rose fragrance all in the same day.