September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Dermacolor Waterproof Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sassyiril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Instead of pulling off the white tab sticker, I took a pin and poke through the small holes to prevent the powder from getting messy. Too bad it doesn't work so that's the main reason why i put the packaging quality the worst rate.

Overall, I love this powder. How fine and soft it is. Used it after my Kryolan TV paint stick and the powder didn't change the color of the foundation at all! Good! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Crystal44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE this powder!!! I have never believed in the use of powder since they have always looked cakey on me. The MUA at Kryolan recommended this along with the Ultra Cream Foundtion and wow what a difference! The foundation is beautiful on its own, but with this on top all my pores seem to vanish. My skin looks airbrushed. Good staying power & no breakouts from this. Mine is in P4 - along with the foundation in EIO (I'm NC30). The best part is the price - $6 in my country.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this on a deal on one of my trips to Taiwan. Never heard of this brand before but since the price was good, and after all, it's just a loose powder, why not?

My skin is extremely oily so I never expect loose powders to do anything special in holding up my makeup during the day. This was not an exception, once I get out of the building and hit the heat, BAM, oil all over my face.

BUT, I do find that this powder helps smooth out my skin a lot. I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation, but even after I have the foundation on my skin is still all bumpy and gross. Once I set it with this powder, my skin looks so smooth. Also, this powder is truly translucent which I like (no pasty face).

This stuff comes in a ginormous container, so instead of using it straight from the container, I took the counter boy's advice and transfer it into my old Gosh powder container. I refill maybe once every couple of months. Seriously this stuff lasts forever.

My problem with the container is that when I open it to refill my container, a lot of powder leaks out on the sides. Other than that, I love for the price and finish, but nothing special in terms of oil control. Will repurchase when I run out... like in 3 years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Kryolan brand is a name that is trusted within make up artistry.It is targeted towards professional make up artists and the product is not commercialised although a general consumer can purchase this.
This is a fantastic product that blends well,it has been finely milled.It is the one product that I can safely say is waterproof.It will tolerate a down pour as well as a day in a theme park,it is tried and tested.It can be used underneath any foundation and the powder will not change the colour of your foundation..There is no luxury feel to the packaging,but it is the content that matters and for the price,this product is a winner time and time again.So,if you are looking for a product that works well,gives you a professional finish,is 100% waterproof,this product should be screaming at you.This is a brand that I always trust and will always possess in my stash.Thank you for reading.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

Love it!
this powder is almost transluscent-wont alter your foundation colour noticably and keeps makeup in place-indeed waterproof when it comes to small quantities of water but i havent checked it out on a swim yet! does the job effectively as all kryolan powders-fantastic quality at a very reasonable price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 6:52:00 PM More reviews by brianx

Yes, this powder truly is waterproof! It is the same great quality as Kryolan's other loose powders, but waterproof. Sets makeup in place, and you can even swim in it without worrying. Works especially well when used in conjunction with Kryolan's Dermacolor foundation.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No