December 22, 2014 | 1682 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I have purchased gallons of this by now. I've used this at least 7 years, which shows how content I am with this cleanser. It does have an odd smell, you have to get used to it, but once you do, you don't even notice it. I usually do some oil and a makeup wipe first, then do an actual cleanse with this. I prefer the 32 oz pump bottle and refill with smaller bottles. The small bottle packaging stinks actually, I wish they all were pumps. I have never gotten irritation, redness, bumps, or flakes from this product. But I also keep to a pretty good skincare routine. If you never tried it, it's definitely worth a try, get the small bottle from sephora for $10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

We stock up on this product at home. I use this as my second cleanser in my 2-part routine, which includes an oil cleanser to remove makeup, and the Purity to clean everything else up. This stuff has helped my girls control their acne, while keeping their skin from drying out. So we have the huge bottles at home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is such a love-it-or-hate-it product. I'm honestly shocked at how much I like it. I've been using it for about 2 years, so I feel pretty qualified to review at this point. I have dry skin, not sensitive, no acne issues. This cleans my face, removes my makeup and doesn't make me feel tight, which is my biggest problem with most cleansers. If I hadn't managed to buy it on Black Friday, I wouldn't have paid pull price for it, but since I did, it was absolutely worth the repurchase. The only thing I don't like about this cleanser is the smell. It smells like lavender, which isn't offensive or anything, it's just unnecessary. I wouldn't recommend this cleanser for people with sensitive skin, just because it's fragranced and has essential oils which can be irritants. Ingredient-wise, it's not that great, but completely works for me somehow.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Pinkpeonie6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample size of this cleanser from sephora because I had heard such great things about it. WORST product I've ever bought. I have dry skin (mostly around my lip/nose area) that is clear with a few dry, flaky patches during the winter. This cleanser gave me tiny skin colored raised bumps ALL over my face and neck within 3 days of using it daily. I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by jinnnnnnnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed. I would never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by CMDJMW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this face wash. A little goes a long way, it doesn't dry out my skin, it's gentle on my sensitive skin and it removes my eye makeup as well as any additional products could. This is one of the few washes I don't feel like I need a toner after an the price is reasonable!

Only issue is that you of course will still need an exfoliating wash to alternate with.

Makes me feel fresh and clean after use. May not stop or improve breakouts, but certainly doesn't cause them either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by nurseyasmin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this. It removes makeup very well but it made me break out horribly and caused raised bumps in areas where I never even break out. I went back to using my Mario badescu enzyme cleanser and my face is clear again...never again will I switch to anything else!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This cleanser is a mild milk cleanser that does not foam. It is supposed to remove all trace of makeup even waterproof and longwear foundation. It did not remove my sunscreen or makeup fully and it irritated my face left it red and dry. Then I started to breakout. Not strong enough to removes layers of foundation concealer powder blush......did not get everything out of my large pores. Face was not clean. Not good for super sensitive acne prone skin with large pores. Will not remove estee lauder double wear, revlon color stay, mac, lancome tient idol 24h which are all hard to fully remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by NiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing compares to this cleanser! I got a sample from sephora and was instantly hooked. I never had a cleanser be so effective at cleaning my skin but also leaving it moisturized and soft. I'm a budget shopper but this is worth every penny. I tried every brand including Cetaphil and nothing compares to this. 5/5!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by aberg1991

I really really wanted to like this cleanser. I did. I had debated trying it for the last few years and finally decided to try it. I bought the travel sized bottle to try it before I purchased a regular sized, and boy am I glad that I did. I used this as it said on the bottle and like other reviewers had said. I just barely dampened my hands just to add a little moisture, and then I put it on my face dry. I like taking all my eye make up off with a makeup remover (Mary Kay brand) and then my face makeup with a remover wipe (kirkland brand). Then I put on the Philosophy Purity dry, as recommended on the bottle and by other reviewers. I massaged it in to my skin for a good 30 to 60 seconds and then rinsed with warm water. I used it a few times without taking my makeup off first, and it does exactly as other reviewers said. It really does melt your makeup off. It does an excellent job with taking it all off.
At first I really liked this stuff. Your face feels like a babies butt. Super soft, and it felt pretty clean. But after a week or so I noticed that my face was developing those little bumps. Not like acne or zits or anything, just raised bumps. I still wanted to keep on trying it so I kept on with it for another week, but the bumps continued to develop and I started getting some zits.
I'm sorry to say I didn't end up liking this cleanser and it really just didn't work for me unfortunately. I hope that it can work for you though! It's back to my trusty Cetaphil for me!