Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I don't understand why people are so in-love with this. It does an awful job washing off my makeup! There's always quite a bit left on my skin afterwards. I also never used to get pimples and since I started using this I seem to always have one. I won't be buying this again :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe they're still making this god awful product.

Philosophy Purity cleanser is so damn overhyped. I found the VERY strong fragrance to be irritating for my sensitive skin. As for the formula? It dried my oily skin out quickly. It was so stripping, and abrasive. The ingredient list disgusts me as sulfate is high up on the list and then there are a TON of essential oils. Other than meadowfoam, NONE of them are ones I'd recommend for moisture properties. They basically just give this cleanser that strong perfume-y scent...while aggravating your skin in the process.

No thanks.

I never finished the bottle, it went in the trash. My acne/rosacea did not play well with Purity cleanser.

I have a love hate relationship with purity.

FACE:
In the beginning, I didn't like this cleanser at all, for many reasons, HUGE list of ingredients and that fact that my face didn't feel very clean after washing. Then, I started using this with my clarisonic after wiping off my makeup with neutrogena wipes. When I looked at my clarisonic brush after cleaning, it was completely soaked with foundation residue. I've gone through many reviews about why purity isn't the best so I won't be using this on my face anymoe.

CLEANING MAKEUP BRUSHES:
I found purity is best to clean your makeup brushes. I would repurchase as a makeup brush cleanser instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this cleanser! It melts my makeup off gently, doesn't make me feel dry afterwards, and it doesn't break me out! I bought a huge 32oz pump bottle at Nordstrom in July and it's slightly below the 1/2 bottle mark now. Amazing! I also love the spa like smell. It's gentle and it doesn't stick around all day. It tastes awful though, so there's one negative.

My sister Nancy lives in Southern California. She is the quintessential California person, and has always been interested in fashion and beauty. She also considers herself an expert, and is more than happy to give advice - whether or not you ask for it!

Anyway, last year (2014) for Christmas, she sent me this product. She'd told me about this product several times, saying that it not only is a great facial cleanser, but removes makeup as well. I'd never bought it, being very happy with my CVS version of Cetaphil, which worked fine and was extremely inexpensive. But since she sent it to me, I decided to give it a try.

I am here to tell you that it's great. It's gentle, and it does remove makeup as well as just daily grime. My face never feels tight or dry afterwards, and it also is not scented (at least not that I can tell). But you know what is even better? This LARGE bottle (32 ounces), that I have used morning and evening every single day since late December 2014, still has approximately 1/4 of the product remaining! My sister said she bought it on sale (she's also a big sale person), and I have no idea what she paid, but I think it may very well be an even better bargain than my CVS version of Cetaphil!

Needless to say, it's not necessary to purchase this extra large size - there's even a travel size you can buy if you just want to try it without spending a lot.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sorry, but I just don't understand why this cleanser is so overhyped. I've read many people rave about that product. So I decided to switch from my favourite oil cleanser to the Purity Cleanser. I really loved my oil cleanser. It removes a full-face of make-up like no other while being truly gentle to my sensitive breakout-prone oily kind of skin. But I thought this cleanser could be more effective to remove impurities while being gentle as well. So i gave it a go. I used the Purity Cleanser for about one month. The gel/lotion kind of consistency feels really gentle on the skin. Sadly it doesn't removed my make-up completely but this isn't the point. Because I wanted to use my regular oil cleanser before anyway. I wanted the cleanser to reduce impurites. But my skin brokeout like crazy and it became flaky but oily at the same time. I just don't wanted to believe this cleanser could be the reason for the dramatically degradation of my skin, because it felt so gentle on skin and so many people love this cleanser. Also this product wasn't the only new thing I presented to my poor skin because I'm a real beauty-junkie and I'm using almost always anything new on my skin like foundation or stuff like that. One evening at tooth brushing my boyfriend snapped my Purity Cleanser 'cause of boredom and questioned how many different oils you could pack in one product. I stopped to use this product directly after I read what's inside this stuff (it contains black pepper extract as example - this can cause really bad reactions). Now I'm using a skincare range that's completely free of irritanting ingredients and my skin looks better than ever before. I've just started writing reviews, but I want to share my experiences from now on. And I decided to start with this product, because I've never been so disappointed.

I tried this before from a friend while traveling couple years back and i loved it. It removed my waterproof eyeliner easily.

BUT I bought myself a bottle on black friday and I've been using it since. my t-zone broke out slowly and i realized this cleanser DOESN'T clean 100% of my foundation off. I can see small amount of residue foundation on my cotton from my toner :( I'm quite disappointed. I gave it multiple chances since i got this but every time it still leaves dirt on my face after cleaning. Did the formula changed in the past couple of years?!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I gotta say I'm really loving this stuff, after suffering from numerous breakouts, dry skin, etc., I was desperate to find something that worked. After using this for a few days I noticed my skin started getting more supple and the breakouts were improving a lot! I have VERY sensitive skin so it typically breaks out or gets extremely dry/irritated from a lot of facial products, have not had any of these issues with Purity. It is a little pricey but it's worth it for me, oh and it takes makeup off like a boss ;)

Irritates my skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good cleanser! Takes off all my makeup and makes me feel fresh and clean without making my skin feel tight or overly cleansed