Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I bought this online at sephora and got the large size since it came in a pack with the purity cleansing oil.ni probably should have gotten a smaller size first because I don't enjoy using it because of the scent. Overall it works great and I have noticed a lot of the acne on my forehead has cleared up, which is probably the most important thing. All the other reviews that I saw on makeup alley and the sephora reviews say that the scent isn't too strong, or that it smells nice, but I guess my nose just doesn't like it. It's probably just my personal preference is different, but Overall I would buy it again if not for the smell, which is kind of flowery.

on 5/27/2015 1:23:00 AM

The best! I use coconut oil to remove makeup at night and purity in the morning. My skin has never been better.

on 5/26/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice gentle, non stripping cleanser. I really like this on my combo/oily/sometimes acne prone skin. Most cleansers designed for my skin type are too drying and leave me feeling dehydrated, even with a moisturizer, but this did not. I cleansed twice and followed up with an eminence toner and moisturizer. It left my skin soft and clean. I checked the ingredients and it is all good stuff. No added fragrance that I saw so it won't irritate sensitive skin types. I think I will go back to ulta and buy the bigger bottle once my travel sized one is all gone. Only complaint is the price because it's not technically a "professional" product but is still pretty pricey.

on 5/23/2015 12:46:00 AM

During Sephora's black friday and boxing day specials, i went a little overboard and bought a bunch of these. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that they've changed the formula of Purity. It doesn't feel the same and it doesn't clean the same either. I don't feel like I get a good clean after using this product. I also felt like I needed to use more of this product to get some sort of clean. I don't think that it had provided my skin with the same kind of benefits as before. Disappointing.

on 5/20/2015 6:01:00 AM

I'm already on my third bottles here so can I just say that I loved it? It doesn't dried out my skin, doesn't have any breakout, gentle, also my skin condition improved a lot.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for less than a month with my Foreo Luna Mini, and I LOVE what it does to my skin. I have a combination to normal skin, yet, my skin, usually gets oilier (pimples begin to reside in some parts of my face) when my period is about to come, and drier when my period is about to end.. I need to change my facial foam during this time to justify my skin condition.. Since I used purity with Foreo, I don't get as many pimples as usual. What I hate is, I MUST use it with Foreo, or else, u need more of purity to cleanse (and i still get pimple tho)..

on 5/11/2015 7:20:00 PM

Excellent product! Removes all makeup, even mascara without causing any stinging to the eyes. Highly recommend!

on 5/4/2015 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

First experience:
Bought a $10 sample size of this @ Sephora years ago; didn't really care for it and couldn't get used to the smell. It didn't make my skin feel clean, but this was before I started wearing makeup on a daily basis. I stopped using it, but kept it anyways.

Second experience:
I can't live without it! I got the $60 jumbo sized bottle with the pump from Sephora. Now that I wear makeup on a daily basis, I use this every single day to wash it off. When I first used it, I didn't like the smell but after using it every day, its not that bad. Literally melts away makeup like it claims without much or any scrubbing at all. A little goes a LONG way and a small drop does wonders for cleaning your brushes! I love how it really is a one-step cleanser - removes my makeup, cleans, and does not dry out my skin at all.

on 4/30/2015 3:51:00 PM

to be honest i'm not really picky with cleansers unless i feel they dont clean at all. but i somehow feel this breaks me out. i stop breaking out as soon as i stop using this. now it just sits there as a handwash for when i apply foundation with my fingers since it does remove makeup pretty well.

on 4/28/2015 11:12:00 PM

My sister, who has combination skin and eczema, recommended this to me. I was initially not very excited to try it due to the price, but I'm SO glad I did. I can't count how many products over the years have made me break out, but this one hasn't at all. My face feels clean without that bad tight feeling, it doesn't burn my eyes, and removes everyday makeup. (If I go out for the night with awesomely heavy eyeliner and shadow, it has some trouble.) There's not really much scent and it's also gentle enough to use every day without drying me out.

It does not exfoliate at all, so when I get a bit flaky during the dry winter months, I just use a washcloth to gently scrub my face instead of using my hands like normal.

I've since bought a full sized bottle and gifted another to a friend who has oilier skin and she's now a fan too!