Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo - Fine Hair

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/31/2010 12:41:00 AM

ewwwww. Made my hair feel greasy and sticky at the roots. I though maybe I hadnt washed it out properly so I tried it again but it still made my hair look like it hadnt been washed for weeks. hate hate hate

on 4/17/2008 1:34:00 AM

It's ok as far as drugstore shampoos go. It's wallet friendly and doesn't dry out your hair too much. Not my favorite but I would buy it again in pinch if I left home without my Biosilk. I don't like the cap.

on 7/26/2006 8:22:00 AM

Sticky,greasy,GROSS! This stuff is so bad, I may as well have poured orange juice all over my head..I see why they call it fructis.

on 1/12/2006 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I don't like this shampoo, it doesn't really add volume, it just makes my hair dry and coarse! It also smells weird, like sour mangoes. I much prefer the anti dandruff shampoo.

on 12/9/2005 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not bad for a cheapie! I bought this in-a-pinch when visiting my parents in Florida and forgot (HOW COULD I???) any shampoo or conditioner. I am a Kerastase-lovin', Phyto-usin', Biolage as my "cheap Brand" hair snob and I like Garnier's stuff. The shampoo works well on my shoulder-length, "white-girl" fine, slightly dry hair that I am DESPARATE to try to grow long. This is a good product that doesn't strip my color TOO much (it does a bit - so stick to Biolage Color-Care for freshly colored reds.) and doesn't weigh it down. Pleasantly surprised.

on 11/9/2005 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

First off...don't complain about a shampoo/conditioner for fine hair not moisturizing enough. It isn't supposed to. Fine hair tends to stay healthier and an excess of moisture weighs it down and makes it gross. If you have fine hair you don't //have// to use a product for fine hair- use one for normal hair or moisturizing if that's what you need. Anyways, this stuff is great. I have extremely fine hair and a sensitive scalp. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make my hair fall out- which is very rare for a cheap shampoo/conditioner. Plus, it smells great and I am extremely finicky about fragrance. But this actually smells very natural and pleasant. Highly recommended!

on 7/24/2005 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I previously reviewed this product, and I had rated it higher. I changed my mind. After using other shampoos, I realize this damaged my hair a great deal (I know it was this because nothing else changed in my hair routine). Therefore I really can't recommend this to anyone for any reason.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My comments here are the same as under the damaged/dry category: awful. I, like all the rest of us that were cursed with fine hair, have the oily scalp and the superdry flyaway ends. I do not blowdry, curl, flatiron, NOTHING. And I got split ends and damage waaay up the strand of seemingly every strand on my head, my hair is trashed and I didn't DO anything to it, in fact, I'd just had it trimmed. So I know it was this stuff, and I'm still trying to fix the damage!

on 1/22/2005 10:41:00 AM

This shampoo was absolutely horrible in my opinion. I have lots of long, fine hair with oily scalp and dry ends. After using this, my hair felt like straw and was very staticy and tangle-prone. Also, every time I used it and combed my hair, an ungodly number of strands broke and fell out. As if that wasn't enough, my hair was extremely dry but the shampoo and/or conditioner left behind a disgusting oily film. Eeeew! If you're looking for a fairly inexpensive shampoo for fine hair, I'd highly recommend Infusium 23 instead.

on 10/18/2004 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very decent shampoo for the money. It does not strip fine hair. The reason I can't give it five stars is because not only do I have fine hair, but I am very oily, and this shampoo does not cut through the oil as much as I'd like. That said, it is decent and I keep buying it. It usually doubles as my body wash, as well, and does a very nice job there, too.