LUSH I Love Juicy

3.9

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Carrageenan Gel, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Fresh Papaya Juice (Carica papaya), Salt (Sodium Chloride), Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Fresh Pineapple Juice (Ananas comosus), Fresh Kiwi Juice (Actinidia chinensis), Fresh Mango Juice (Mangifera indica), *Citral, *Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 7/23/2015 12:21:00 AM

Beware gals with thin or dry ends.

This shampoo is terrible. It didn't really help with my oily roots and dried out all of my hair so much. Even the Lush worker told me that she understands why I returned it cause it is so stripping. Using this with Happy Happy Joy Joy ruined my hair.... =(

on 6/29/2015 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite shampoo from Lush! I was drawn to it for the smell to be honest, because I love anything fruity or citrusy! Smells super great, just like a tropical fruit mix. It's supposed to be good for greasy hair, which I do have, and I have to agree. My roots feel really clean and I always go to this shampoo when I feel like my hair is extra oily. Perhaps this wouldn't be so good for dry hair, but even then, I think using it occasionally wouldn't be an issue. I only need a quarter-sized amount for my long hair which I found really impressive. I think the big $30 bottle is definitely worth it if you like fruits and have hair on the oilier side.

Although the price can be hefty, my hair has never been this soft!

I have pretty oily hair and I tried going no-poo once but my hair just makes too much oil for me to stand it. I wasn't expecting much when I tried it, but my hair is much lighter (I have really thick hair too) so it obviously got rid of a lot of residual grime, product, and excess oil. My hair has never been so consistently soft.

I can go a lot longer without washing (usually my hair will get greasy looking after just 24 hours) so that is GREAT for when I am in a time crunch.

Plus, it smells like you replaced shower water with fruit jucies. It smells amazing and my SO comments on it!

on 4/8/2015 8:13:00 PM

I recently decided to switch my drugstore shampoo and conditioner for more organic products. I love how Lush does not test on animals and all their products smell amazing. I have oily hair and usually wash my hair every other day but with this shampoo used with American Cream I can go around 4 days and my hair still looks pretty good. After the first use I noticed all the chemical buildup was gone and my hair was so soft and full of volume. I am forever changed. I love Lush!!!

on 1/14/2015 10:28:00 PM

I adore this shampoo. It's def pricey but I've never used anything like it, which is the deciding factor for whether or not I buy expensive products. My hair isn't oily, it's more in the normal side, and this makes me able to go about 3-4 days without washing, which is AWESOME. A def pro for all lush shampoo is that they do last a long time. I feel like these are very concentrated so you don't need a whole lot.

on 9/10/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

when i first bought this, it freaked me out...because its intense! but I'm telling you! stick it out, have an open mind! its almost like going no poo because it doesn't leave a bunch of crap in your hair! this is perfect for dyed blondes! I'm a brunette with dyed blonde all over...you know how after a couple of washes your blonde gets that "dingy" brassy look??? yep, this is the cure! scrip this on your roots and all the way down and people will think you got your color touched up! its just as good as blue shampoos! i adore this stuff! smells great too!

on 7/12/2014 5:57:00 PM

I love this shampoo. I have super oily hair and need to use a good clarifying shampoo a couple times a week to help get out all the grease. This does the job really well, and is also great to use when I have a lot of product buildup in my hair to help break down and clean out all the gunk.
I put off buying this for a while because $30 (for the large bottle) is a little bit much for me, but I feel like I got my money's worth because the bottle lasted me forever (using about 2x a week). You really don't need to use much -- this lathers super well and leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean but still soft and shiny and not stripped. That's my only issue with this -- with hair as oily as mine, sometimes I actually WANT a clarifying shampoo to really strip my hair of all grease and product, and then I can soften it up as needed with a good conditioner. Sometimes this leaves my hair a little too soft and shiny, resulting in it looking a little bit oily. But I do have to say I really like that this doesn't dry out or irritate my scalp...I bleach my hair pretty often, so my scalp gets pretty raw and dry. This doesn't dry it out further, which is a problem I've had with some clarifying shampoos, which is really nice.
I personally love the scent of this, but I can definitely see a lot of people hating it. It has a very strong fruity scent that will linger in your hair after rinsing. I think it smells awesome (to me it smells like a blend of pineapple, lemon, and mango), but I can totally see people saying it smells like lemon-scented Lysol. One of my friends used this when they came over and said it smelled like cat pee -- I don't get that at all, but I'd definitely say this is a smell before you buy kind of product!
If you have oily hair or use a lot of product, I'd definitely say give this a go. You can always buy one of the smaller bottles if you're unsure (or ask for a sample...LUSH is awesome with giving those out), but I think the large bottle is the best bang for your buck.

I bought this shampoo in conjunction with Rehab to clear our any buildup my hair might have. It works really well for stripping old product out of my hair but not stripping the moisture. I had quite dry hair from 18 months of bleaching but after dying it back to brunette and actually taking care for it for once it actually got a little healthier.

It's a really good clarifying shampoo but I wouldn't use it more than once a week for fear of stripping the moisture from my hair.

on 6/6/2014 11:47:00 AM

love this shampoo! it's a yellow gel that has kiwis, pineapple in it just to name a few! It smells delicious and fruity. lathers well and leaves my hair feel nicely clean. I love how this is all natural.

on 2/28/2014 4:06:00 PM

I bought this when I was switching to another hair routine. I wanted to go longer between washes. I expected my roots to be greasy, so i asked the lady in the LUSH store for a shampoo for greasy roots and dry rest of the hair. After some thinking she suggested this out of the liquid shampoos. I liked the smell (It kind of reminds me of gooseberry, i don't know why), so i bought the 100 g bottle, though it was rather expensive for me.
I wanted to love it, i really tried (information bias, thanks brain..) but it's not for me. I first washed my rather dirty hair with it. I used the amount i did with my other shampoos. I felt a tingle on my scalp, not really comfortable, but not unbearable either. I ignored it for the moment and continued to wash my hair.
While I let my hair air dry, I noticed the roots dried faster than usual. I thought positive of if back then, but now I'm not sure but suspect it dried out my hair.
My scalp was pretty dry and not very comfortable. I also noticed my scalp grew greasy fast, which is a sign it was too dry and now overcompensates.
After some time I really grew interested in hair care ingredients and what they do. I did Internet research (I always use multiple sources, of course). I figured out this product contains some very strong wash active ingredients (tensides), especially sulfates on the beginning of the ingredients list.(The ingredients list here differs from the one on my bottle, but i think this applies to both). There is no universal rule, which ingredients are rated save...

Maybe my hair is not greasy enough, so I would recommend this only if you have really greasy hair. I am happy I bought a small bottle and not a full size. I try to use it up if I applied oil in my hair, just because I can't throw it away for the price I payed (thanks again, brain). I recommend not using a lot of product, mixing it with water, only ever use it at the roots and watching the time it takes your hair to get greasy, as this is a sign of too drying shampoo.

Top Rated LUSH Products