April 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - I Love Juicy

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by blacksnake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this when I was switching to another hair routine. I wanted to go longer between washes. I expected my roots to be greasy, so i asked the lady in the LUSH store for a shampoo for greasy roots and dry rest of the hair. After some thinking she suggested this out of the liquid shampoos. I liked the smell (It kind of reminds me of gooseberry, i don't know why), so i bought the 100 g bottle, though it was rather expensive for me.
I wanted to love it, i really tried (information bias, thanks brain..) but it's not for me. I first washed my rather dirty hair with it. I used the amount i did with my other shampoos. I felt a tingle on my scalp, not really comfortable, but not unbearable either. I ignored it for the moment and continued to wash my hair.
While I let my hair air dry, I noticed the roots dried faster than usual. I thought positive of if back then, but now I'm not sure but suspect it dried out my hair.
My scalp was pretty dry and not very comfortable. I also noticed my scalp grew greasy fast, which is a sign it was too dry and now overcompensates.
After some time I really grew interested in hair care ingredients and what they do. I did Internet research (I always use multiple sources, of course). I figured out this product contains some very strong wash active ingredients (tensides), especially sulfates on the beginning of the ingredients list.(The ingredients list here differs from the one on my bottle, but i think this applies to both). There is no universal rule, which ingredients are rated save...

Maybe my hair is not greasy enough, so I would recommend this only if you have really greasy hair. I am happy I bought a small bottle and not a full size. I try to use it up if I applied oil in my hair, just because I can't throw it away for the price I payed (thanks again, brain). I recommend not using a lot of product, mixing it with water, only ever use it at the roots and watching the time it takes your hair to get greasy, as this is a sign of too drying shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my absolute shampoo favorites. It has thick gel-like texture that foams up really well, a light yellow color, and an intensely fruity scent that is fresh and...well, juicy. When I first got this, I thought it smelled a bit plastic-y and weird, but a couple of days later I was totally addicted to it. I seriously have to go and have a sniff of it every now and then during the day! I have a greasy scalp and I like to wash it every day. So far, I have not found this too strong. In fact, I find it somewhat moisturizing, and it definitely gives my fine-ish hair some volume, too. It might turn out to be too much for daily use eventually, but I'll definitely repurchase this anyway. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

While this isn't an HG or close for me, it's pretty good. It smells pleasant and feels nice on the skin, scalp, and hair. I got a generous sample from an SA while traveling, enough to enjoy it and debate buying a small bottle. I have an argan shampoo (yeah, I know, a useless product to have in shampoo, but the shampoo works well) and Trichomania for optimum shampooing. It's meant for oily hair, but my three-day oily scalp LOVED it! Nowhere near as stripping and moisture-sucking on me than some of the products made for dry or normal hair.

It slid through my hair nicely without tangling it and didn't strip all the moisture out, yay! My scalp felt nice afterwards and I didn't need to condition it, but I didn't need something for slip on the length of my hair since it gets much drier than the roots. The Veganese conditioner was the perfect companion in smell and feel. I did get some awesome volume with this. I have lots of straight, medium-coarse hair that like to stay flat, so this was such a plus!

I feel I should really give this a try again, but I don't like to strip the semi-permanent Manic Panic in my bangs. I love my conditioner only regiment, but after my argan shampoo runs out, it could be the perfect substitution. The price isn't great, but it's worth it for an occasional treatment shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

of course I got sucked in because elle fowler wrote about it. It smells great but i don't think i'll use it regularly. maybe once a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

DONT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE DRY-NORMAL HAIR! However I would recommend this to people with oily hair it works really well to take the product and oils out of your hair. Also dont use this everyday or it will be way to drying, try for once a week or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Believe13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an oily scalp and dry roots. I heard good reviews about this product, so i wanted to try it out . This shampoo really helped me to control my oily scalp. The scent of it is okay. I don't like it or dislike it. After I showered my hair used to get oily again throughout the day, now I wash my hair every second day without looking greasy. However since it is a very strong product it can make your hair dry, so I only use it on my scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Um is it just me that doesn't really like this? It was too drying I gave it to my sister

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Smells amazing. Like a fruit salad on your head. I use this if I haven't been able to take a shower for a couple days and I have oily hair. I wouldn't use this everyday or even every other day unless you normally have oily hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is great as a once a week deep cleanse build up removal shampoo. I think if I used this daily my hair would be really dry. I found it stripped my colour quicker than normal too, but I am trying to grow it out anyway.
This smells great and leaves your hair so clean it squeeks!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by silvia0811

I have very oily hair and before this i was using jumping juniper which was pretty good, when i went into lush to repurchase the SA suggested I love juicy, I decided to try it cz i loved the smell and i have never been dissapointed with lush products.. well my hair gets oily very soon after i wash it and i feel like it looks limp and very very thin i wont buy this again ill go back to jj as soon as possible