November 28, 2014 | 924 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - I Love Juicy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

when i first bought this, it freaked me out...because its intense! but I'm telling you! stick it out, have an open mind! its almost like going no poo because it doesn't leave a bunch of crap in your hair! this is perfect for dyed blondes! I'm a brunette with dyed blonde all over...you know how after a couple of washes your blonde gets that "dingy" brassy look??? yep, this is the cure! scrip this on your roots and all the way down and people will think you got your color touched up! its just as good as blue shampoos! i adore this stuff! smells great too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I love this shampoo. I have super oily hair and need to use a good clarifying shampoo a couple times a week to help get out all the grease. This does the job really well, and is also great to use when I have a lot of product buildup in my hair to help break down and clean out all the gunk.
I put off buying this for a while because $30 (for the large bottle) is a little bit much for me, but I feel like I got my money's worth because the bottle lasted me forever (using about 2x a week). You really don't need to use much -- this lathers super well and leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean but still soft and shiny and not stripped. That's my only issue with this -- with hair as oily as mine, sometimes I actually WANT a clarifying shampoo to really strip my hair of all grease and product, and then I can soften it up as needed with a good conditioner. Sometimes this leaves my hair a little too soft and shiny, resulting in it looking a little bit oily. But I do have to say I really like that this doesn't dry out or irritate my scalp...I bleach my hair pretty often, so my scalp gets pretty raw and dry. This doesn't dry it out further, which is a problem I've had with some clarifying shampoos, which is really nice.
I personally love the scent of this, but I can definitely see a lot of people hating it. It has a very strong fruity scent that will linger in your hair after rinsing. I think it smells awesome (to me it smells like a blend of pineapple, lemon, and mango), but I can totally see people saying it smells like lemon-scented Lysol. One of my friends used this when they came over and said it smelled like cat pee -- I don't get that at all, but I'd definitely say this is a smell before you buy kind of product!
If you have oily hair or use a lot of product, I'd definitely say give this a go. You can always buy one of the smaller bottles if you're unsure (or ask for a sample...LUSH is awesome with giving those out), but I think the large bottle is the best bang for your buck.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I bought this shampoo in conjunction with Rehab to clear our any buildup my hair might have. It works really well for stripping old product out of my hair but not stripping the moisture. I had quite dry hair from 18 months of bleaching but after dying it back to brunette and actually taking care for it for once it actually got a little healthier.

It's a really good clarifying shampoo but I wouldn't use it more than once a week for fear of stripping the moisture from my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by michelleva

love this shampoo! it's a yellow gel that has kiwis, pineapple in it just to name a few! It smells delicious and fruity. lathers well and leaves my hair feel nicely clean. I love how this is all natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by blacksnake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this when I was switching to another hair routine. I wanted to go longer between washes. I expected my roots to be greasy, so i asked the lady in the LUSH store for a shampoo for greasy roots and dry rest of the hair. After some thinking she suggested this out of the liquid shampoos. I liked the smell (It kind of reminds me of gooseberry, i don't know why), so i bought the 100 g bottle, though it was rather expensive for me.
I wanted to love it, i really tried (information bias, thanks brain..) but it's not for me. I first washed my rather dirty hair with it. I used the amount i did with my other shampoos. I felt a tingle on my scalp, not really comfortable, but not unbearable either. I ignored it for the moment and continued to wash my hair.
While I let my hair air dry, I noticed the roots dried faster than usual. I thought positive of if back then, but now I'm not sure but suspect it dried out my hair.
My scalp was pretty dry and not very comfortable. I also noticed my scalp grew greasy fast, which is a sign it was too dry and now overcompensates.
After some time I really grew interested in hair care ingredients and what they do. I did Internet research (I always use multiple sources, of course). I figured out this product contains some very strong wash active ingredients (tensides), especially sulfates on the beginning of the ingredients list.(The ingredients list here differs from the one on my bottle, but i think this applies to both). There is no universal rule, which ingredients are rated save...

Maybe my hair is not greasy enough, so I would recommend this only if you have really greasy hair. I am happy I bought a small bottle and not a full size. I try to use it up if I applied oil in my hair, just because I can't throw it away for the price I payed (thanks again, brain). I recommend not using a lot of product, mixing it with water, only ever use it at the roots and watching the time it takes your hair to get greasy, as this is a sign of too drying shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Love Juicy is a yellow gel-like shampoo with a strong, lemony fruit-salad scent. I got this hoping it would give my gunk-prone scalp a thorough cleanse without being overly drying to my fine hair that is already on the dry and fragile side. Compared to normal deep-cleansing shampoos, I Love Juicy is excellent. It is much more gentle on the hair, and instead of making it coarse, it actually leaves my hair shiny and smooth. Is does dry out my ends, though, if I use it many times in a row, so I definitely don't think I could use it daily. And it goes without saying that you need a good conditioner with this one, but then again, I need a conditioner with any shampoo. This is definitely my deep-cleanser of choice, and I would buy it again. The one thing that bothers me, though, is that the scent (even though it's a delicious scent) is so strong that it sometimes actually irritates my nasal passages. I wish they cut down the amount of lemon oil a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

While this isn't an HG or close for me, it's pretty good. It smells pleasant and feels nice on the skin, scalp, and hair. I got a generous sample from an SA while traveling, enough to enjoy it and debate buying a small bottle. I have an argan shampoo (yeah, I know, a useless product to have in shampoo, but the shampoo works well) and Trichomania for optimum shampooing. It's meant for oily hair, but my three-day oily scalp LOVED it! Nowhere near as stripping and moisture-sucking on me than some of the products made for dry or normal hair.

It slid through my hair nicely without tangling it and didn't strip all the moisture out, yay! My scalp felt nice afterwards and I didn't need to condition it, but I didn't need something for slip on the length of my hair since it gets much drier than the roots. The Veganese conditioner was the perfect companion in smell and feel. I did get some awesome volume with this. I have lots of straight, medium-coarse hair that like to stay flat, so this was such a plus!

I feel I should really give this a try again, but I don't like to strip the semi-permanent Manic Panic in my bangs. I love my conditioner only regiment, but after my argan shampoo runs out, it could be the perfect substitution. The price isn't great, but it's worth it for an occasional treatment shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

of course I got sucked in because elle fowler wrote about it. It smells great but i don't think i'll use it regularly. maybe once a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

DONT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE DRY-NORMAL HAIR! However I would recommend this to people with oily hair it works really well to take the product and oils out of your hair. Also dont use this everyday or it will be way to drying, try for once a week or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Believe13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an oily scalp and dry roots. I heard good reviews about this product, so i wanted to try it out . This shampoo really helped me to control my oily scalp. The scent of it is okay. I don't like it or dislike it. After I showered my hair used to get oily again throughout the day, now I wash my hair every second day without looking greasy. However since it is a very strong product it can make your hair dry, so I only use it on my scalp.