The Body Shop Papaya dry oil mist

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Eyes: Violet

i got this for dirt cheap, i think for around $3. its meant for normal skin, so it says. it definitely isnt a strong moisturizer, at all. its very light and does absorbs well but its just too light for me. i definitely need something that is heavier. the smell is great but the packaging sucks. oil collects all over the bottle and it can get slippery. this is good in the summer but not in the winter when something more thick is needed

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I, too, got this in the post holiday sale in January 2008. Price was $3, and for that I got a 4oz spray bottle filled with deliciousness. I have dry skin so am always looking for easy ways to moisturize. The concept of "dry oil" intrigues me. First off, I love the scent - light and fruity without being sickly sweet. Secondly, it's so easy to spray on and rub in... dries to a nice finish. I spritz after showering (post-toweling-off) and even if I get dressed right away, the oil doesn't get on my clothes. The scent isn't overwhelming but does stay faintly on my skin. Hmmm... I just realized I should be writing this whole review in the past tense - I FINISHED THE BOTTLE. This indeed deserves caps! It has been a very long time since I finished anything. It does appear to be discontinued, but I'll be checking out the other scents they have.

on 2/5/2008 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got this on sale for $3. i never tried it before but i picked up 2 and wish i bought more. it's absorbs very well and leaves a realistic papaya smell on my skin that isnt over whelming. its not greasy at all and the smell isnt too light. i think the packaging is alright and it doesnt spray all over the place but is more condensed. will buy again if i can find it on sale again...
it may be discontinued.

on 7/22/2007 10:52:00 PM

I bought this during a clearance sale (maybe they are discontinuing it?) because it has such a summery, tropical scent, at least in the bottle. Once sprayed on, however, it has a chemical tinge. It is not unpleasant, just not as fresh as it seemed in the store. Also, I found that the scent faded quickly, so it wasn't overpowering. The dry oil is nice, and the spray seems to be directed so it doesn't get all over everything. However, I would not repurchase because it moisturizes lightly. If it wasn't a humid summer day, I don't think I would've gotten any moisturizing effect at all. Dry winter skin would not even be affected by this oil.

on 5/8/2007 5:53:00 AM

This smelt like fruity heaven in the store! It was more like a mixture of pineapples and mangoes rather than papayas, but when I got it home it was very sharp and artificial. Cannot use this everyday as the scent is quite overpoweing for the first 1/2 hour, but it settles down softly and the scent remains on my skin for a couple more hours. It moisturised somewhat, but not really enough. I'll put this aside until the summer when I don't need so much moisturiser, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this. I prefer the Monoi Oil much more.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This smells superb! Although the scent doesn't quite remind me of papayas (the body butter is more accurate in that regard), this wins points for smelling of lush seductive tropics and ripe exotic fruits...just delicious! I must admit that I don't use dry oils on a regular basis but after trying this, I most definitely will be giving the other TBS dry oils a shot too! I found that this absorbs beautifully into my normal-to-dry skin, leaving it soft and smooth with a super sexy sheen. This is perfect for summer as it really seems to make your skin glow without being blatantly obvious. I'm not too sure of the moisturising power though...it works well enough during the warmer months but I'll definitely be trading this in for something a little more heavy-duty as autumn/winter approaches. I haven't yet tried this in my hair to eliminate fly-aways but friends of mine who have tell me it works a charm while scenting your hair beautifully. My only gripe is the packaging. I deducted one lippie for the dodgy spray/squirt application. I usually spray this into my palm rather than spraying directly onto skin as I find the oil tends to fly everywhere. However even doing this, I usually manage to get the bottle so oily it's usually slipping out of my grasp and in danger of going splat on the floor. Oh well, I'm probably just not doing it right.... That aside, this is a fine product that smells great and works just as well. A sure repurchase for me.

on 4/26/2005 8:22:00 AM

I really love this spray, it smells delicious, as people often tell me, even though they all think I smell of peach...I do think though that the bottle could be a lot bigger, because I run out really qickly, and because its expensive when you compare to other brands. But then again I will keep on buying it because it smells absolutely gorgeous!

on 11/21/2004 9:27:00 PM

I really like the dry oil sprays, but this smell was not for me. It was not much papaya, more mango-ey.

Last year I tried out The Body Shop Grapeseed Dry Oil spray, and got sick of it really fast. It just didn't work for me. It seems they have revamped the product as this time around I absolutely adored it! It's perfect for creating a lovely glow on skin without glittering or it being too obvious. Smells absolutely delicious. One of my favorites!

on 2/19/2004 4:55:00 PM

Smells divine !!! I love it ... I can't confidently say that its the most moisturizing but I can confidently say it smells delicious ! Haven't used it to tame hair frizzies yet but I will try ... Used a little of TBS's massage oil in my hair and smoothed out frizzies and really enhanced my (3 barrel waver) curls like nothing I've ever tried - it was great! Hopefully the dry oil mist works just as well since it smells so much better :D Definitely will repurchase - can't wait to try the other scents too. *** Update: *** It is easy to get sick of this scent. It is a little strong and can start smelling a little artificial. Once in a while, this scent is great ... definitely not an everday scent though.

Popular Body Skincare Products